ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting way of doing things....

FootOnTheGas

May 19, 2014
What for the love of Tony Janc is going on at St. Pius X in Jefferson County???
Must be school recruitment season???? Lent????
Are they posting this information referencing MSHSAA guidelines for others to know what they are doing?
Super interesting full page Ad taken out....I would think if you want students to come to your school you would put some highlights of your past seasons, pictures of your dynamic facilities or something other than referencing some MSHSAA rules about undue influence....

https://www.myleaderpaper.com/eedit...age_b9d2c671-504d-5772-b930-187940e0815f.html

Are they posting this information referencing MSHSAA guidelines for others to know what they are doing?
Super interesting full page Ad taken out....I would think if you want students to come to your school you would put some highlights of your past seasons, pictures of your dynamic facilities or something other than referencing some MSHSAA rules about undue influence....

https://www.myleaderpaper.com/eedit...age_b9d2c671-504d-5772-b930-187940e0815f.html
1348df5c-5530-420b-a357-2ef2517cd272_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: thetophat2021

nuclear explosion GIF

I wondered about the camps/clinics they put on last month. Is it legal for private schools to host camps/clinics on their campus for students who are currently attending public schools grades 8–12? Are there any restrictions on that being recruiting or influence?

I wondered about the camps/clinics they put on last month. Is it legal for private schools to host camps/clinics on their campus for students who are currently attending public schools grades 8–12? Are there any restrictions on that being recruiting or influence?
mshsaa won't do a damn thing about it.
private schools do whatever they want.

Reactions: Treadmill
Pius is what everybody wants Valle to be in terms of recruiting… even with that they can’t win a district or even conference championship
Too many schools in their county.
Valle skims all the talent from at least one county.

Pretty simple really.

Conversational Narcissist
A person who always diverts the topic of the conversation toward a subject and is otherwise disengaged in what is being said.
Someone else brought valle up and you chimed in, muchacho.

Don't sing it if you can't bring it.

mshsaa won't do a damn thing about it.
private schools do whatever they want.
Hosting camps/clinics put on by college athletes who I'm assuming out of the kindness of their hearts did it, or maybe they got paid to do it...which was that during the NCAA season or out of it??? It couldn't be classified as recruiting because none of the athletes coaching went to Pius, they were coached in YOUTH football by the coach. Pius really need money??? or does the coach??

Just covering their ass legally when some MoSports troll files a complaint at MSHSAA when some star athlete transfers there.

Reactions: FootOnTheGas
Hosting camps/clinics put on by college athletes who I'm assuming out of the kindness of their hearts did it, or maybe they got paid to do it...which was that during the NCAA season or out of it??? It couldn't be classified as recruiting because none of the athletes coaching went to Pius, they were coached in YOUTH football by the coach. Pius really need money??? or does the coach??
You are correct in they had college players coaching the camp. I am not an expert, nor claim to be. If you look at the MSHSAA handbook 3.13.5 Sport-Specific Instruction by Private Organizers or Schools
I wondered about the legality of things below though. I have no skin in the game and really have no opinion, but at the same time rules are rules and are to be followed.

b. General Requirements:
4. No school-owned uniforms or player equipment shall be used in any instructional event other than as outlined in ByLaw 3.15, Summer. Member schools may not rent, sell, lease, or loan their uniforms or player equipment for use in non-school sponsored instructional events, other than outlined in By-Law 3.15, Summer. UNLESS THE COLLEGE KIDS BOUGHT THEIR OWN AND BROUGHT WITH THEM TACKLING DUMMIES, FOOTBALLS, CONES, ETC THEY USED PIUS EQUIPMENT

d. Same Season/Different Sport: During the school year and within a season a student is participating in an interscholastic sport, the student may attend privately organized specialized sports instruction for a different sport under the following conditions, in addition to those outlined in letter b, General Requirements, above:
1. No member school or member of the coaching staff of the school the student is attending or will be attending the following year is involved in any way in the organization, sponsorship, or administration of the sport-specific instruction.
EVENT FLYER STATES- WINTER WARM UP HOSTED BY ST. PIUS (FESTUS). SIGN UP LINK WAS @HTTPS://BIT.LY/PIUSWINTER. STRANGE IF IT ISN'T A PIUS CAMP WHY WOULD THEY NAME IT PIUS WINTER AND PROMOTE "HOSTED BY" WHEN SOMEONE ASKS ABOUT IF FORMS WENT THROUGH, HEAD COACH REPLIES "I WILL CHECK" AND THAT "IT WORKED". (MEANING THERE WAS ACCESS TO THE ONLINE SIGN UPS, AND BY CHECKING AND REPLYING DOES THAT IMPLY ADMINISTRATION? ALSO IN POSTS,THE USED OF HASTAGS - #LANCER UP AND - #IFYOUBUILDITTHEYWILLCOME IS USED,
2. Prior approval from the school administrator and a school coach for the school sport in season is required.
DID THEY HAVE PRIOR APPROVAL FROM ALL HIGH SCHOOL AGED KIDS FROM OTHER SCHOOLS WHO ATTENDED?

3.13.6 Penalty: The penalty for violation of By-Law 3.13 shall be ineligibility for a period not to exceed 365 days in the sport in which the violation occurred.

I'M SURE IT IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL, BUT POST ALSO STATED "WE WILL ALSO HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION FOR THE YOUTH FOOTBALL PROGRAM THAT IS STARTING IN 2024 AT ST. PIUS X FOR AT THE WINTER WARM UP"

Just covering their ass legally when some MoSports troll files a complaint at MSHSAA when some star athlete transfers there.
Troll?? Ha...and the complaints to MSHSAA haven't been coming from any public schools worth their salt about St. Pius X, I do believe that they are the ones who have been crying to MSHSAA about the public schools "picking on them" and supposedly had evidence of things said and sent but when asked to produce these things...looked like Joseph McCarthy during the Red Scare of the 50's. Also, any "star" athlete around Pius surely isn't transferring there....no matter what sport or what is promised.

Troll?? Ha...and the complaints to MSHSAA haven't been coming from any public schools worth their salt about St. Pius X, I do believe that they are the ones who have been crying to MSHSAA about the public schools "picking on them" and supposedly had evidence of things said and sent but when asked to produce these things...looked like Joseph McCarthy during the Red Scare of the 50's. Also, any "star" athlete around Pius surely isn't transferring there....no matter what sport or what is promised.

Well, they need to consider someone like Roy Johnson from Bishop Sycamore. Start the recruting train early, with 4th grade pee wee in the surrounding area. Bring them up together and get them into school here.

• Love
Reactions: FootOnTheGas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT