ADVERTISEMENT

I see no one has posted about Tim McCarver passing yesterday.

Heard that in the radio Friday. That’s pretty insane. Especially for the era. Still a lot of guys that played then because they could run.
He caught some of the best pitchers the Birds ever had.

He caught some of the best pitchers the Birds ever had.
Truth. The list of really good pitchers he caught is pretty impressive. Hell, if you started and stopped with Gipson that's pretty impressive by itself.

Truth. The list of really good pitchers he caught is pretty impressive. Hell, if you started and stopped with Gipson that's pretty impressive by itself.
"The only thing Timmy knew about good pitching was he couldn't hit it." Gibby was a classic all by himself.

Well you need to throw Carlton I reckon. How many World Series titles would they have if had kept him? :eek:

If the cardinals hadn’t traded Carlton and Jerry Reuss my childhood would have had many more fond memories.

If the cardinals hadn’t traded Carlton and Jerry Reuss my childhood would have had many more fond memories.
Looked for it last night and found it, Carlton said he wanted a $6,000 raise, they denied it, 20 min later then he said ok, I'll stay, and they said no your gone.

Reuss was asking for a $3,000 raise and was denied.

Wow.

Looked for it last night and found it, Carlton said he wanted a $6,000 raise, they denied it, 20 min later then he said ok, I'll stay, and they said no your gone.

Reuss was asking for a $3,000 raise and was denied.

Wow.
I couldn't remember what he asked for but I knew it was not enough to ship him out that's for sure!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT