ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical

butterypopcorn05

Nov 9, 2002
A large man breaks into your house. He punches you in the face hard enough to break your orbital bone. You grab a weapon and chase him out of your property. He turns and charges you again. At this point, in this situation, how do you think you would react?

And before I get piled on, I realize this is a pretty big oversimplification of the situation... it assumes a lot and doesnt take any biases into account.

Im not pro-cop. I think they abuse their power often and we end up with a lot of armed little man syndrome.

But Im also not pro-stupidty.

If he is 5 feet away, shoot him in the head.
If he is 35 feet away, you aren't in danger yet. You don't need to shoot him in the head twice.
And if you kill him in the middle of the street, cover him with a sheet so neighbor kids don't have to see it.

Cant argue with covering the body... Im not sure if they carry sheets with them but you find whatever is close and cover the body. Its just respectful to everyone.

Originally posted by Duck_walk:
If he is 5 feet away, shoot him in the head.
If he is 35 feet away, you aren't in danger yet. You don't need to shoot him in the head twice.
And if you kill him in the middle of the street, cover him with a sheet so neighbor kids don't have to see it.
Are you not a dang football coach? Even the slowest of large kids can cover 35feet or 11.66 yards in a short time. We all know you're to slow up top to process this but the cop had a few seconds before he reached him. If the cops story is true he died right in front of him, so yeah he shot him in the head only a few feet away.

As for your complaining of leaving him uncovered, I don't know why they didn't cover him. But neither do you, unless you just figure these guys have zero respect for human life.

Originally posted by Duck_walk:
Was he charging the cop? Damn I didn't know you were there.
How do you know it was 35 feet then and not five? Were you there?

Keep spewing stupid. It seems easy for you.

Guys you need to quit. I am telling you we will never know the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have another hypothetical. What if those two "kids" had just got off the street when he told them to? How about doing what a police officer says to do when it's a completely reasonable request. BTW does anybody really think the cop knew they were suspects in a robbery and pulled up and just told them to get off the street?

Originally posted by 3Rfan:
I have another hypothetical. What if those two "kids" had just got off the street when he told them to? How about doing what a police officer says to do when it's a completely reasonable request. BTW does anybody really think the cop knew they were suspects in a robbery and pulled up and just told them to get off the street?
That's because kids aren't raised to respect authority anymore. Whether it's teachers or police officers, respect is hard to come by for them.

Originally posted by 3Rfan:
Exactly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT