ADVERTISEMENT

History Question for old timers,,,Cardsbeatwriter???

8a6966f2c2a424295c11c670adfc0e99.jpg
Haha spinoff loved that show too (Good Times)!

This is true but "dingbat" is NOT your thing! Feel free to claim your thing and I'll update the list!
My apologies... but I really struggle to take a ding... uh I mean enlarged PAer seriously, especially after one ripped me off this summer in Erie. But, I'll try to refrain from that d-word, as there are other d-words that can be used to describe party members.

My apologies... but I really struggle to take a ding... uh I mean enlarged PAer seriously, especially after one ripped me off this summer in Erie. But, I'll try to refrain from that d-word, as there are other d-words that can be used to describe party members.
THANK you for NOT calling me fat or obese! Because I am only SLIGHTLY overweight. Or as you put it, enlarged. But you cant trust those fellers up in Erie! You get me that name, and I'll have a nice little "chat" with em! I watch out for my fellow MoSporters!

I thought there was a booked published some time back that had every score of every game all-time in it with Webb City football history not to mention the website which I completely forgot about until this question was brought forth ... what happened to the Webb City football history website?
Like most sites the owner moves away, losses interest or can no longer afford the cost to maintain site or dies. The great Jefferson City site and a couple of good sites for Lexington & Winnetonka that had all the scores disappeared before I could get info off of them. So, my Lexington & Winnetonka records only go back to the 1990s but I found another source for Jefferson City for the 1905-1949 scores I was missing.
Luckily, I had corresponded with the Webb City guy over the years and even sent him some early 1920s scores he didn't have. I have all the scores he had posted and continue adding each new season.
My collection of Missouri school's football histories keeps growing as I add more teams and still trying to find historical scores. But I tip my hat to you as I know you have more on Carl Junction than I do and maybe Lamar!

You know if people could get their info on FB before anything happens the info can at least be preserved.

So Webb has been .500 or better in a longer period of time than Nixa has had football. Interesting. Also shows the results of the incredible growth that has occurred in southern Greene County and northern Christian County as well.

Like most sites the owner moves away, losses interest or can no longer afford the cost to maintain site or dies. The great Jefferson City site and a couple of good sites for Lexington & Winnetonka that had all the scores disappeared before I could get info off of them. So, my Lexington & Winnetonka records only go back to the 1990s but I found another source for Jefferson City for the 1905-1949 scores I was missing.
Luckily, I had corresponded with the Webb City guy over the years and even sent him some early 1920s scores he didn't have. I have all the scores he had posted and continue adding each new season.
My collection of Missouri school's football histories keeps growing as I add more teams and still trying to find historical scores. But I tip my hat to you as I know you have more on Carl Junction than I do and maybe Lamar!

I have completed Carl Junction for 1921, working on 1920 right now ... its been a struggle. Of course, I tend to get sidetracked when game broadcasters make mistakes by saying something is a school record and then I have to spend time going back to look it up to double check.

This week I've had to go double check the school record for longest field goal made and found an interesting discrepancy. I also spent some time trying to track down two box scores that for some reason I managed to think I had and I didn't because it came during my time at the Joplin Globe ... the September 6, 2002 season opener when Carl Junction played at Willow Springs, I found the scoring summary in the Springfield News-Leader but I don't have a full box score. And the box score from the September 26, Lamar at Carl Junction game ... this aggravates me because I was at this game as it was the first game atthe new Bulldog Stadium (post tornado) and there was a weather delay and the game ended late and apparently the box score did not make the paper and I cannot find the game stats anywhere.

Reactions: AC100
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT