ADVERTISEMENT

Historical Football Page/Info

TadQueasy

Nov 6, 2015
A buddy of mine coaches HS football in Indiana. He was showing me the following site that has all kinds of current and historical information on every team in Indiana over the last 30 years. It is pretty cool. I love stuff like this.

Does anyone know of any sites like this for Missouri high school football? If not one of you nerds around here should develop one.

Here's a couple sites that Realray put together. He's a historian who used to post here and on the SCA sports website for many years:

Here's a couple sites that Realray put together. He's a historian who used to post here and on the SCA sports website for many years:

Forgot all about realray. One of the originals.

@seksports3 !!

I believe he was into collecting historical high school football data. Had quite the archives if I recall correctly
I have a lot of scores and standings for Western Missouri schools and have started adding St Louis area schools info in late 2010s and gave some info to RealRay but I can't afford to maintain a website. I lived in Kansas 50+ years and have even more info on Kansas schools and found a benefactor who pays to maintain the site for Kansas Schools http://kansasfootballhistory.com.

I have a lot of scores and standings for Western Missouri schools and have started adding St Louis area schools info in late 2010s and gave some info to RealRay but I can't afford to maintain a website. I lived in Kansas 50+ years and have even more info on Kansas schools and found a benefactor who pays to maintain the site for Kansas Schools http://kansasfootballhistory.com.
I knew you had quite the archive. Good stuff here!

I knew you had quite the archive. Good stuff here!
Thank you. Lived in Clinton twice in the 60s, Nevada in 90s, since retirement Platte City 2015-2018 and Gladstone/Kansas City since 2018. Started keeping this info in 1970 for SE Kansas & SW Missouri schools and adding other states in 1990s about 12 years before MaxPreps.co started.
I also been doing NJCAA teams since 1970 and even though only 60+ teams still playing I have files on almost 200 schools. My newest project is as many college football histories as I can. I have just over 1,000 teams right now with 93 presently active colleges still to complete along with even more defunct college teams to add. Wish there was a way I could share all this information, It's been my obsession now for 53 years with no plans to stop.

Started working on all-time Carl Junction High School football scores, opponent, date and game location when I worked at The Joplin Globe 1997-2004. Had 1970-present when I left.

Recently has more free time than I wanted and picked it back up a year ago and currently have 1930-present.
Plan to do boys and girls basketball and baseball when I finish football.

Started working on all-time scores, opponents, dates and locations for my Field Kindley in Coffeyville. Thanks to your website was able to get the all-time scores but still working on dates and game locations. 10 years ago this weekend when Coffeyville made the Class 4 state championship, wrote a historical perspective and was able to find out the vault at the school had a list of every coach for each season and overall record for each season but no list of all-time scores and opponents.

Earlier this month FKHS contacted me asking to help compile season by season statistics. They had a junior running back rush for 381 yards in a single game and no one knew if it was a school single game record or a SEK single game record.

Spoke with Anvil Welch (I know he calls you often) and he said not a day goes by that he wishes Jack Harris was still alive and that his records (such immaculate and complete records) had never been thrown away by the Parsons Sun.
Craig Null, former coach/teacher in Independence who recently authored a book about the history of Kayo Emmot called “Go Hard — The Kayo Emmot Story.”
He wants his next book project to be the history of boys basketball in Southeast Kansas. I told him I want to help with the project. Once I finish the Carl Junction projects, I’ll finish doing Field Kindley football, boys basketball and baseball and he thought we could collaborate on a book.
Need to call you sometime and catch up. Thanks for all you do and your time doing research.

Started working on all-time Carl Junction High School football scores, opponent, date and game location when I worked at The Joplin Globe 1997-2004. Had 1970-present when I left.

Recently has more free time than I wanted and picked it back up a year ago and currently have 1930-present.
Plan to do boys and girls basketball and baseball when I finish football.

Started working on all-time scores, opponents, dates and locations for my Field Kindley in Coffeyville. Thanks to your website was able to get the all-time scores but still working on dates and game locations. 10 years ago this weekend when Coffeyville made the Class 4 state championship, wrote a historical perspective and was able to find out the vault at the school had a list of every coach for each season and overall record for each season but no list of all-time scores and opponents.

Earlier this month FKHS contacted me asking to help compile season by season statistics. They had a junior running back rush for 381 yards in a single game and no one knew if it was a school single game record or a SEK single game record.

Spoke with Anvil Welch (I know he calls you often) and he said not a day goes by that he wishes Jack Harris was still alive and that his records (such immaculate and complete records) had never been thrown away by the Parsons Sun.
Craig Null, former coach/teacher in Independence who recently authored a book about the history of Kayo Emmot called “Go Hard — The Kayo Emmot Story.”
He wants his next book project to be the history of boys basketball in Southeast Kansas. I told him I want to help with the project. Once I finish the Carl Junction projects, I’ll finish doing Field Kindley football, boys basketball and baseball and he thought we could collaborate on a book.
Need to call you sometime and catch up. Thanks for all you do and your time doing research.

I'm kinda glad I only do scores & standings, with some many teams I do adding stats would be an almost impossible task. My interest has stayed mostly just football but still try to track all Fort Scot sports and do have 90% of every sport SEK League standings, spurred on by what I got from Jack Harris when he retired. Unfortunately it's probably only about half of what Jack had compiled. I contributed all my Fort Scott info for a football & basketball history book in 2020, but it hit a snag on getting published so not sure it will ever come out. Been awhile since I talked with Anvil. Since my retirement and moving to KC area have lost contact with a lot of associates. I need to update all my info onto CDs and pass on to several people so my info isn't lost when I pass. I did that in 2019 but added a lot more info since then. Just a year and half away from tuning 70 but never know, will I live as long as some relatives (mid 90s) or be gone by 75. Glad there are others still out there doing the same thing and keeping history alive.

Please keep me in mind … between Craig Null, Anvil, Scott Nuzum and myself, we would appreciate the opportunity to continue to maintain the records and continue to add more news and notes.
With my own boys just about done with school and needing to secure a job, I have more time on my hands than I’d like to admit. Trying to kee my mind sharp but digging through years of old newspapers and finding what I can.

Started working on Field Kindley baseball records in the spring of 2022 and now have every score of every game from 1971-1987. Need to work on it some more this spring and see how close I can come to finishing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT