ADVERTISEMENT

Hillcrest 7 - West Plains 35 (late 4Q)

Hillcrest poor OL play is haunting them this week too.
3rd & 21 from their own 20 for Hillcrest

4th & long now.

2nd week in a row Hillcrest is running a read option on 3rd and a mile. I just don’t understand that. You’ve got a QB who can throw, let him line up 7 yards deep and throw in those situations.

Rather than taking a couple shots at the end zone after a return to the 30, hornets just run the option and let the clock run out.

Playcalling has been so questionable the last 2 games.

3rd & 7 for WP at Hillcrest 21.
RB tries to bounce outside and gets a short gain.

4th & a long 4

Pass incomplete. Hillcrest takes over at their own 18.

21-7 WP leads with 3 min left in 3Q

Hillcrest QB was hurt playing safety on last drive.
Back up QB in for Hillcrest. That’s not good for the hornets at all. Their QB is their best athlete

WP getting maximum penetration. Complete lack of blocking from Hillcrest OL.
They’ve got size but just aren’t getting the job done in the trenches for the 2nd week in a row.

Hillcrest punts, WP takes over at their own 33

4th & 9 for WP at hornet 35

WP QB overthrows receiver for the 3rd straight play, Hillcrest takes over on downs.
Backup QB still in for Hillcrest

21-7 WP leads with 10:28 left in 4Q

Hillcrest JV O turns ball over on downs to WP varsity D at midfield.

28-7 WP with 3 and a half min to go.

WP varsity O takes the field against an all JV Defense with the exception of the DTs
They’re going to try and punch another one in with the varsity while up 3 scores with 3 min left in the game.

I don't want to start a new thread but CJ beat Marshfield 36-0.
I saw that. Good for them. I figured they’d take the blue jays to the wood shed.

Right now here’s my predictions on the OMC

1. Branson
2. Carl Junction
3. Bolivar
4. West Plains
5. Hillcrest
6. Rogersville
7. Marshfield

Completely agree. I dont see any way you can put Bolivar at the 3 spot.
WP played extremely sloppy tonight against a Hillcrest team that played without their 3-4 best players for the final quarter and a half of the game. Multiple turnover on downs by WP.
They benefited from generous field position to start half of their drives.

They may be better than Bolivar this year, but if they are, it won’t be by much.
And they better get the passing game going because they tried tonight on multiple drives and those were the ones that stalled.

Bolivar coming back on harrisonville is more impressive to me than anything WP has done so far. Y’all know I’m always behind WP but right now, they just aren’t impressing to me.

Their OL/DL is playing well and their primary back runs hard. Outside of that, they’re going to have problems against branson and Bolivar

WP played extremely sloppy tonight against a Hillcrest team that played without their 3-4 best players for the final quarter and a half of the game. Multiple turnover on downs by WP.
They benefited from generous field position to start half of their drives.

They may be better than Bolivar this year, but if they are, it won’t be by much.
And they better get the passing game going because they tried tonight on multiple drives and those were the ones that stalled.

Bolivar coming back on harrisonville is more impressive to me than anything WP has done so far. Y’all know I’m always behind WP but right now, they just aren’t impressing to me.

Their OL/DL is playing well and their primary back runs hard. Outside of that, they’re going to have problems against branson and Bolivar
Harrisonville was up I think 21-0 in the 2nd quarter when Harrisonville's best player got hurt.

Reactions: thetophat2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT