ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Tophat

I have never posted on the Nebraska board so not letting me in to create/respond to a thread BUT found someone on the MAIN Rivals forums who I am now following who will hear from me this evening (at work too busy right now to do this). Updates to come!
Yeah I was trying to find out if we could message a mod, there has to be some way to get a Mod for our board get this crap cleaned up.

There have been no bots since July 16 so deleting all those threads will help. Let me see what I can do, folks.
deleting the threads will not help much. Let me explain. I get that a lot of us are blocking every scammer we see but there is so many others of fellow football friends that won't show their face for a few more weeks that have not blocked them. If the scammers see threads being deleted AND if they have not lost the ability to post which unless they been deleted and blocked by rivals as a whole they will just post more. They will notice their posts being deleted and with that they will fill this thread up with garbage at a level that makes this past week look like child's play.

The only way to make a difference is to block them individually and hopefully they don't create new accounts (rivals as a WHOLE) and we will eventually see things simmer down. This is HIGHLY Unlikely.

Rivals has to find the source of this and block them as a whole. Why? When you log into this forum, your logging into Rivals and can create posts anywhere in any of the Rivals forums. The credentials of these accounts are controlled at that level.

A moderator can only control threads and posts here on our forums. They can not block and delete their accounts.

Sorry.

deleting the threads will not help much. Let me explain. I get that a lot of us are blocking every scammer we see but there is so many others of fellow football friends that won't show their face for a few more weeks that have not blocked them. If the scammers see threads being deleted AND if they have not lost the ability to post which unless they been deleted and blocked by rivals as a whole they will just post more. They will notice their posts being deleted and with that they will fill this thread up with garbage at a level that makes this past week look like child's play.

The only way to make a difference is to block them individually and hopefully they don't create new accounts (rivals as a WHOLE) and we will eventually see things simmer down. This is HIGHLY Unlikely.

Rivals has to find the source of this and block them as a whole. Why? When you log into this forum, your logging into Rivals and can create posts anywhere in any of the Rivals forums. The credentials of these accounts are controlled at that level.

A moderator can only control threads and posts here on our forums. They can not block and delete their accounts.

Sorry.
All I can do is my best. Let's see what happens.

Sorry.
Angry Hells Bells GIF

End is not near LOL. When Cardinal Ritter and other private powerhouses all of a sudden get shut down for violations by MSHSSA all in the same year for some crazy reason then we can say the end is near.

• Haha
Reactions: thetophat2021
End is not near LOL. When Cardinal Ritter and other private powerhouses all of a sudden get shut down for violations by MSHSSA all in the same year for some crazy reason then we can say the end is near.
We are trying to find humor in this craziness. Again no promises just that I will do my best to mitigate these bots AND anyone out there "hitching a ride" for their own purposes.

Sorry.
I think being able to delete threads is a great place to start.

"They will notice their posts being deleted and with that they will fill this thread up with garbage at a level that makes this past week look like child's play." Is one direction things could go. It could also force their hand and abandon this site. Move onto the next because they aren't getting anything from us.

I think being able to delete threads is a great place to start.

"They will notice their posts being deleted and with that they will fill this thread up with garbage at a level that makes this past week look like child's play." Is one direction things could go. It could also force their hand and abandon this site. Move onto the next because they aren't getting anything from us.
That's a good point. Bot activity ramping up due to threads being deleted is an assumption. It could very well happen but it's not a guarantee. Today is also Thursday lol

Sorry.
I went out and looked at alot of other boards the main board other states boards. It seems our board is the one that is being hit the most? So it makes me wonder if they are just targeting boards that maybe no longer have Mods like ours.

I went out and looked at alot of other boards the main board other states boards. It seems our board is the one that is being hit the most? So it makes me wonder if they are just targeting boards that maybe no longer have Mods like ours.
Any luck getting another mods attention?

Reactions: Albert C. Slater
There is a waiting period when a brand new poster. I will get this moving well before FB season gets here promise!
Top the more digging I do, I think the spam is coming from the owners of the site. Bill might have let the site domain go abandoned and these people picked it up. They may be the ones doing the posting and the mods. Rivals might be our only help, however if they own the domain now we might be screwed.

There is a waiting period when a brand new poster. I will get this moving well before FB season gets here promise!
So there IS a waiting period. Im looking at you @PurpleHazeMFs !!

How long is the waiting period? If we start seeing new accounts like that one, it might give us a clue when to expect more bot attacks from new accounts.

So there IS a waiting period. Im looking at you @PurpleHazeMFs !!

How long is the waiting period? If we start seeing new accounts like that one, it might give us a clue when to expect more bot attacks from new accounts.
Hasn't posted likes/laughs etc. since I posted the gummy bear video...................

Top the more digging I do, I think the spam is coming from the owners of the site. Bill might have let the site domain go abandoned and these people picked it up. They may be the ones doing the posting and the mods. Rivals might be our only help, however if they own the domain now we might be screwed.
no this is not the case. the top domain is rivals, that is owned by rivals. a sub domain is forums which is created by Rivals, a sub domain off that is mosports which again was created by Rivals. The ownership of a domain is only at the top domain level, again Rivals. Which if you go to Whois lookup you will see the ownership of the rivals domain. Anything below that is still only owned by rivals.

So no, the bots and scammers dont have control of this domain as well as moderation of it.

Reactions: bullitpdq68
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT