ADVERTISEMENT

Helias 90 Hickman 28 Final

Game called mid 4th quarter after Hickman kicked off, Helias return man then fumbles the ball and gets hurt. After a 15 min delay, Officials have called the game.

What is the story with Hickman football? They are one of the largest schools in the state.
They have great basketball and track athletes. I think they have a 6'7 250 tight end/wide receiver, good basketball player that is getting D1 offers.

What is the story with Hickman football? They are one of the largest schools in the state.
They have great basketball and track athletes. I think they have a 6'7 250 tight end/wide receiver, good basketball player that is getting D1 offers.
They have talent but seems they have no direction. Hopefully this new coach can stay long enough to get them going in the right direction.

I was surprised how they looked completely outmatched physically. They were TINY compared to Helias. Didn't expect that from such a large school.

Oh I’m sorry. I meant to say that I’m so proud of them running the score up and getting one of their own players injured in the process.
Something every program should aspire to.
I get that you are trying to be funny but that is someone's child. You judge people on morals when you think its funny a young man was hurt that says way more about you than the coach/team running up a score. Attack the coach or the team in general, just leave the that kid deserved to get hurt comments at home. You never know when the young man's parents are reading your comments. Do I think the score was out hand? Yes I do. That was out of character for the coaching staff. Did something cause them do it? Wish I had the answer. No matter what the score was, it should never be a thought in someone's head that a young man should get hurt because of it. Have a great day.

I get that you are trying to be funny but that is someone's child. You judge people on morals when you think its funny a young man was hurt that says way more about you than the coach/team running up a score. Attack the coach or the team in general, just leave the that kid deserved to get hurt comments at home. You never know when the young man's parents are reading your comments. Do I think the score was out hand? Yes I do. That was out of character for the coaching staff. Did something cause them do it? Wish I had the answer. No matter what the score was, it should never be a thought in someone's head that a young man should get hurt because of it. Have a great day.
You do realize my original comment was made before knowing that he was rolled out on a stretcher and taken to the hospital correct?

You then respond to me with some jab attacking my character and expect me to just take it laying down.

And at no point did I infer that someone “should” get hurt for it. You’re taking what I said completely out of context.

Enjoy the view from your pulpit

the-simpsons-stop.gif

I don't understand why you gotta win by 72.
90-50 is one thing.

But 90-28?

Come on man.

At one point, they were on pace for 180....soooo they were nice maybe?
Wouldn't it be 220?? I think it was 55-0 at the end of the 1st quarter but I may have seen that wrong. I'm assuming there has to be some bad blood between Hentges and Conyers from when he was at Battle.

Reactions: Wheels 1
You do realize my original comment was made before knowing that he was rolled out on a stretcher and taken to the hospital correct?

You then respond to me with some jab attacking my character and expect me to just take it laying down.

And at no point did I infer that someone “should” get hurt for it. You’re taking what I said completely out of context.

Enjoy the view from your pulpit
Yes. Yet you left the comment up even after you found out. Most people would have said man that was in bad taste and taken it down.

Your damn right I am going to attack your character when you make a comment like that and leave it up. I don't care whose kid or whose team. I am going to call you out on it.

"I guess that’s karma for hanging 90 on someone". How else are we supposed to take this comment? Again you left it up after knowing he was hurt.

Like I said before I know you were making a joke. I make a lot of them on here myself. To me this one was just in really bad taste. If that puts me up on a pulpit so be it.

Yes. Yet you left the comment up even after you found out. Most people would have said man that was in bad taste and taken it down.

Your damn right I am going to attack your character when you make a comment like that and leave it up. I don't care whose kid or whose team. I am going to call you out on it.

"I guess that’s karma for hanging 90 on someone". How else are we supposed to take this comment? Again you left it up after knowing he was hurt.

Like I said before I know you were making a joke. I make a lot of them on here myself. To me this one was just in really bad taste. If that puts me up on a pulpit so be it.
Well you are more than entitled to your own opinion. If you notice, I dropped it and didn’t say anything else about the matter until you took a jab at me, due to the fact that I found out he was hospitalized.
Me taking it down does nothing, others had already quoted my post to respond so it was going to stay up on the thread regardless of whether or not I took it down.

Wouldn't it be 220?? I think it was 55-0 at the end of the 1st quarter but I may have seen that wrong. I'm assuming there has to be some bad blood between Hentges and Conyers from when he was at Battle.
A little off topic, but why did Conyers leave Hallsville to take this mess over? I know when he left Battle I read an article about how his kids were in school at Hallsville and his wife was from there. Just seemed odd given that he'd already dealt with the mess that is Columbia public schools.

Oh, I didn't even watch that much. Got to the 25th play and they had 28 pts so I was going off of that lol

Reactions: 65TPT
I've seen Truman take beatings for decades, even the powerhouse schools find a way to not even put 70 on them usually. Still hard to believe a school as big as Hickman would be on the receiving end. Their basketball team made the quarterfinals last year and was full of athletes. They had one of the fastest 4x100 teams in the state and one of the fastest freshmen in the country. I'm guessing none of them play.

I've seen Truman take beatings for decades, even the powerhouse schools find a way to not even put 70 on them usually. Still hard to believe a school as big as Hickman would be on the receiving end. Their basketball team made the quarterfinals last year and was full of athletes. They had one of the fastest 4x100 teams in the state and one of the fastest freshmen in the country. I'm guessing none of them play.
@joey!

A little off topic, but why did Conyers leave Hallsville to take this mess over? I know when he left Battle I read an article about how his kids were in school at Hallsville and his wife was from there. Just seemed odd given that he'd already dealt with the mess that is Columbia public schools.
Not exactly sure on that. I think he was a Hickman alum so possibly that and pay I imagine. I don't think he left Hallsville in the best shape either. Sounds like their JV teams have struggled in the past and when I watched their varsity play last year it was not very good.

Reactions: HHSX2
Not exactly sure on that. I think he was a Hickman alum so possibly that and pay I imagine. I don't think he left Hallsville in the best shape either. Sounds like their JV teams have struggled in the past and when I watched their varsity play last year it was not very good.
Yeah, he was a Hickman alum. I remembered that when he got hired. Just seemed odd. DC at RB all those years, got the Battle job and seemingly killed it. Leaves for Hallsville, which on the surface would be a head scratcher. But you already live there and your kids go to school there, that is completely understandable. Just weird to only do that a few years and then head back to Columbia, especially for the mess that is Hickman. BUT, I get being an alum. Hickman probably just needs a touch of care and consistency.

Reactions: 65TPT and HHSX2
Yeah, he was a Hickman alum. I remembered that when he got hired. Just seemed odd. DC at RB all those years, got the Battle job and seemingly killed it. Leaves for Hallsville, which on the surface would be a head scratcher. But you already live there and your kids go to school there, that is completely understandable. Just weird to only do that a few years and then head back to Columbia, especially for the mess that is Hickman. BUT, I get being an alum. Hickman probably just needs a touch of care and consistency.
New superintendent and athletic director as well at Hallsville

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT