ADVERTISEMENT

For those wanting equal classifications, you may get your wish!

Was on the advisory board’s agenda.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HomeyR
I think equal classes is great idea but that class 1 shouldn’t exceed the 2.0 ratio. If they would have done that to begin with, their probably wouldn’t be proposals to modify the classes every year.

Why would equal classifications be a bad idea?
Because no matter what you do people are going to cry that it's not fair. There aren't 50 schools of similar size in Class 1 and Class 6 which means you're going to have a Class 1 school with 100 kids in the same class as a school with 190-200 kids.

And you're going tohave a Class 6 school with 2000 kids in the same class as a school with 1100 kids.

I've been saying for years that there is an easy solution, which is to create 89 classes and crown 89 state champions.

If you did Platinum, Bronze and Silver state brackets for each class like USSSSSA baseball, you could crown 250 state champions every year.

Everybody WINS!

Because no matter what you do people are going to cry that it's not fair. There aren't 50 schools of similar size in Class 1 and Class 6 which means you're going to have a Class 1 school with 100 kids in the same class as a school with 190-200 kids.

And you're going tohave a Class 6 school with 2000 kids in the same class as a school with 1100 kids.

I've been saying for years that there is an easy solution, which is to create 89 classes and crown 89 state champions.

If you did Platinum, Bronze and Silver state brackets for each class like USSSSSA baseball, you could crown 250 state champions every year.

Everybody WINS!
nobody said it has to be 6 classes just equal classes, i like 7 classes with around 42-44 per class. each class can have 8 districts with 5 to 6 teams

Everybody WINS!
91-174

Veer...serious question...why do you always say that MSHSAA coddles Class 6? Not being a smart ass...just really don't understand why you say that?

i
Jacktards from C1 and C2 think all schools over 1000 are the same. They don’t realize the difference between a 1,300 Fort Osage and 2,400 Blue Springs. All the same to them.
there is that sort of mindset from schools with 2-300 ive seen it. However i think with a state the size of Missouri you have to do more classes to get a fair break up.

i

there is that sort of mindset from schools with 2-300 ive seen it. However i think with a state the size of Missouri you have to do more classes to get a fair break up.
100% Arkansas has 7 classes and has already released the classification and Privates are separated I believe. Just 16 schools in the largest class. Look at their numbers.

If you want to create participation you have to try and level the field as far as enrollment numbers. The complaint has always been about the enrollment disparity in each class. The only way to fix is create more classes.

Reactions: Treadmill
When did Arkansas separate Privates? Unless it was the last year or two, that is incorrect, Pulaski Acadamy continually was a roadblock for Harrison. And, Shiloh Christian has had its share of success as well

Oklahoma has already released numbers for the 2024-2025 and the 2025-2026 years.... Crazy small classes there at the top as well.....

When did Arkansas separate Privates? Unless it was the last year or two, that is incorrect, Pulaski Acadamy continually was a roadblock for Harrison. And, Shiloh Christian has had its share of success as well

Oklahoma has already released numbers for the 2024-2025 and the 2025-2026 years.... Crazy small classes there at the top as well.....
I might be wrong on that, I thought they had but reading the classification list is sounds like maybe they have not.

I might be wrong on that, I thought they had but reading the classification list is sounds like maybe they have not.
Arkansas Activities Association Website says "Non‐public member schools will be added to the applicable classifications after the completion of each specific sport season and four year review of the competitive equity factor. Conferences will not be determined until classifications are finalized,” so the privates aren't on the list yet but will be and are not separate.

Equal ratios for the classes (or as close as possible) seems like it would be the objectively "fairest" for all school sizes. Here's what it would look like using last year's numbers:

Equal ratios for the classes (or as close as possible) seems like it would be the objectively "fairest" for all school sizes. Here's what it would look like using last year's numbers:

you have no idea about fair do you. you literally have classes 1 and 2 where teams have 1.5 to 2x the probability to win a championship vs other classes. 32 teams in 1 class and then 63 in another smdh.

you have no idea about fair do you. you literally have classes 1 and 2 where teams have 1.5 to 2x the probability to win a championship vs other classes. 32 teams in 1 class and then 63 in another smdh.

There were 32 teams in Classes 5 & 6 back in 2002 and 64 in Classes 1-4. Class 1 still has the highest ratio between largest and smallest in this scenario.

I dont understand what the issue is with splitting evenly.

Some math guy should post those numbers/districts up

(Use this years numbers)

There were 32 teams in Classes 5 & 6 back in 2002 and 64 in Classes 1-4. Class 1 still has the highest ratio between largest and smallest in this scenario.
I see you don't understand probability very well. It doesn't matter that class 1 might have the highest ratio. It is still less likely the talent pool will be so much greater out of an 80 kid advantage than a 4 to 600 kid advantage. If I had excel access to the numbers I'd draw up 7 classes with 42 to 43 per class and I'd bet you would like it a lot better

I dont understand what the issue is with splitting evenly.

Some math guy should post those numbers/districts up

(Use this years numbers)
I'm loaded with meetings and outings tomorrow but if someone has them in an excel format I could prolly do it but if I have to transfer the data to excel I ain't got time til Thursday

I see you don't understand probability very well. It doesn't matter that class 1 might have the highest ratio. It is still less likely the talent pool will be so much greater out of an 80 kid advantage than a 4 to 600 kid advantage. If I had excel access to the numbers I'd draw up 7 classes with 42 to 43 per class and I'd bet you would like it a lot better
I have been trying to say that the higher ratio for class 1 is skewed since this all started.

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
i

It was fine with 5 classes. 5 deserving champions every year. Of course, there were people that didn't think it was fair. Same as always. There have always been people that blame the system or the people that beat them.

Jacktards from C1 and C2 think all schools over 1000 are the same. They don’t realize the difference between a 1,300 Fort Osage and 2,400 Blue Springs. All the same
Hmm, and big school jacktards think the answer for all small schools is work harder. Seems their are differences in all levels of fb. Nice generalization.

Hmm, and big school jacktards think the answer for all small schools is work harder. Seems their are differences in all levels of fb. Nice generalization.
And there are jacktards, sorry to say, that think all privates are the same. Seems like there are differences in all levels of fb … there are differences in all levels !

Reactions: Vallegrad2
And there are jacktards, sorry to say, that think all privates are the same. Seems like there are differences in all levels of fb … there are differences in all levels !
And there are jacktards that can't understand how having a class 3/4 talent pool and playing class 1 is an advantage.

Then when the said school gets smoked after they get moved up they wonder why!!

work harder!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT