ADVERTISEMENT

First Missouri/Kansas HS Football Pre-Season Rankings !

FishOutofWater6

Oct 1, 2020
I know it's way too early to know anything, but because my back hairs are starting to stand up from angst, im excited to present to you all, the CalPreps 2024 preseason rankings. To my knowledge, it's still incomplete and subject to change, but hey, who else has something to chat about
I'll post the top 20 of each with links below.

Missouri
1. Liberty North
2. Rockhurst
3. Lee's Summit North
4. CBC
5. Cardinal Ritter
6. De Smet Jesuit
7. Liberty (KC)
8. Nixa
9. Lee's Summit West
10. Seneca
11. Jackson
12. Helias
13. Kearney
14. Lamar
15. Webb City
16. Platte County
17. Blair Oaks
18. Blue Springs South
19. Oak Park
20. Central (Park Hills, MO)

Kansas

1. Derby
2. Gardner-Edgerton
3. Mill Valley
4. Aquinas
5. Bishop Miege
6. Blue Valley
7. Blue Valley Southwest
8. Andale
9. Blue Valley Northwest
10. Cheney
11. Manhattan
12. Washburn Rural
13. Maize South
14. Kapaun Mt. Carmel
15. Northwest (Wichita)
16. Lawrence Free State
17. Blue Valley West
18. Olathe North
19. Clay Center
20. Eisenhower

Last edited:
Nice convo piece but see several that appear to be based on last year's results. Liberty and BS South rising agree would rank Platte County in the top 10 and Rockhurst lower perhaps in the 15-20 range. Absolutely amazing we are T minus 82 days from kickoff!

Reactions: Fort80
Nice convo piece but see several that appear to be based on last year's results. Liberty and BS South rising agree would rank Platte County in the top 10 and Rockhurst lower perhaps in the 15-20 range. Absolutely amazing we are T minus 82 days from kickoff!
Haha...previous season inertia. It gets the best of them. Calpreps worthless until about week 5. Last year more off than ever for some reason.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Again this summer I see early morning St. Pius X practice on way to work still think they could make some major noise this fall.

football Class 4 power rankings:1. Kearney2. Lutheran North3. St. Pius X (KC)4. Warrenton5. Festus6. Holt7. Pleasant Hill8. Parkway North9. Savannah10. Harrisonville

This from Gateway Sports Venue.

Again this summer I see early morning St. Pius X practice on way to work still think they could make some major noise this fall.
yeah my oldest 2 are at pitt state this week for camp but i go past william chrisman and Truman for work everyday. If Chrisman could get the summer programs rocking they have a talent pool. From attendance #'s last year it wouldnt hurt to have the parents a bit more invested there as well

1. Liberty North
2. Rockhurst
3. Lee's Summit North
4. CBC
5. Cardinal Ritter
6. De Smet Jesuit
7. Liberty (KC)
8. Nixa
9. Lee's Summit West
10. Seneca
11. Jackson
12. Helias
13. Kearney
14. Lamar
15. Webb City
16. Platte County
17. Blair Oaks
18. Blue Springs South
19. Oak Park

No... In 2023:
Seneca 40 Nevada 36
Kearney 35 Nevada 0 (Halftime)

Reactions: Arcola
1. Liberty North
2. Rockhurst
3. Lee's Summit North
4. CBC
5. Cardinal Ritter
6. De Smet Jesuit
7. Liberty (KC)
8. Nixa
9. Lee's Summit West
10. Seneca
11. Jackson
12. Helias
13. Kearney
14. Lamar
15. Webb City
16. Platte County
17. Blair Oaks
18. Blue Springs South
19. Oak Park

No... In 2023:
Seneca 40 Nevada 36
It is the dreaded all classes stuff same as MaxPreps does..................but gives us something to jaw about during the offseason.

Thanks! Given that shouldn't they be considered a threat in C4?
The defense will have to drastically improve. Gave up 33 points per game last year. Only beat 1 team with a winning record and that was Pleasent Hill and Pleasent Hill avenged that lose in districts by 41.

1. Liberty North
2. Rockhurst
3. Lee's Summit North
4. CBC
5. Cardinal Ritter
6. De Smet Jesuit
7. Liberty (KC)
8. Nixa
9. Lee's Summit West
10. Seneca
11. Jackson
12. Helias
13. Kearney
14. Lamar
15. Webb City
16. Platte County
17. Blair Oaks
18. Blue Springs South
19. Oak Park

No... In 2023:
Seneca 40 Nevada 36
giphy.webp

football Class 4 power rankings:1. Kearney2. Lutheran North3. St. Pius X (KC)4. Warrenton5. Festus6. Holt7. Pleasant Hill8. Parkway North9. Savannah10. Harrisonville

This from Gateway Sports Venue.
Class 4 seems pretty wide open. Lutheran North lost a few kids to the portal including their all-state quarterback who's now at Parkway North. Festus and Warrenton return a ton, but neither program has made a state run in forever so interesting to see how those teams unfold. Parkway North has Hollis from LN and return Messiah Smith who was one of the best running backs in St. Louis last season.

Class 4 seems pretty wide open. Lutheran North lost a few kids to the portal including their all-state quarterback who's now at Parkway North. Festus and Warrenton return a ton, but neither program has made a state run in forever so interesting to see how those teams unfold. Parkway North has Hollis from LN and return Messiah Smith who was one of the best running backs in St. Louis last season.
Sir Kearney was crowned the 2024 state champs months ago where have you been

The defense will have to drastically improve. Gave up 33 points per game last year. Only beat 1 team with a winning record and that was Pleasent Hill and Pleasent Hill avenged that lose in districts by 41.
Still trying, seven months plus later, to wrap my head around that 8-man esque Oak Grove score!

Reactions: Wheels 1
Uh oh will we see the nwalls vs. RawMeat feud reignite this fall? Let's see who remembers this............

With pretty much all the key O players graduated now??????? They will be in the mix but way too presumptuous to call them favorites.

"All" the key O players? The two returning All-State O linemen are back. The Class 4 Shot champion and the other one have a couple of D1 offers now. Oh, and the RB that got 30% of the snaps is back.
Of course, the tremendous D is returning, augmented by the move-ins.

Last edited:
If you had to pick a proverbial favorite for Class 4 then I would say Kearney. However, they aren't as well rounded in every position like last year. Skeptical and curious of who their new skilled athletes and quarterback will be.

If you had to pick a proverbial favorite for Class 4 then I would say Kearney. However, they aren't as well rounded in every position like last year. Skeptical and curious of who their new skilled athletes and quarterback will be.
QB is issue #1. They have an outstanding returning RB (younger brother of their star one last year) and some OL back but the WR also just graduated. The huge positive is the HC who always seems to find a way offensively. Never know what to expect from his teams but their PPG average speaks for itself.

In saying all of this, though, we have to see what MSHSAA will do with classifications this August. Now THAT is REAL unpredictable.

Reactions: STL Crusader
"All" the key O players? The two returning All-State O linemen are back. The Class 4 Shot champion and the other one have a couple of D1 offers now. Oh, and the RB that got 30% of the snaps is back.
Of course, the tremendous D is returning, augmented by the move-ins.
You are now sounding like know-it-all Rufus, sorry. I said "pretty much" not all as an absolute. I answered another poster just a bit ago should cover it..............

You are now sounding like know-it-all Rufus, sorry. I said "pretty much" not all as an absolute. I answered another poster just a bit ago should cover it..............

Pretty much four of the five best athletes on the team are back.
And look at it this way.

2022: Offense scored 25 ppg versus top opponents, gave up 24 ppg
2023: Offense scored 33 ppg versus top opponents, gave up 12.4 ppg
Defense wins championships.

Last edited:
Pretty much four of the five best athletes on the team are back.
And look at it this way.

2022: Offense scored 25 ppg versus top opponents, gave up 24 ppg
2023: Offense scored 33 ppg versus top opponents, gave up 12.4 ppg
Defense wins championships.
It did in 2015 could see this team being similar to that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT