ADVERTISEMENT

Everything you want to know about football participation in the USA

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
Only two states have increased participation in tackle football. Three are about the same. Everywhere else it has decreased.

Fewer white and black males are participating. Hispanic participation rates have increased.

This article analyzes who is playing, who isn’t by race, geography, age, income and political affiliation.

Touch football participation is going up bigly, especially in wealthy areas. The who, what, and why…..

I didn’t jump through enough hoops to get to read it but I will comment on what you provided.
-Not a real surprise. Seems like high school age kids nowadays have more to do and high school athletics is not as important as it was with your generation. EG… number of 3 sport athletes
-Fewer black and white males for same reason.
-Hispanics are showing an increase because the Hispanic population continues to increase.
-touch football on the rise … kids nowadays are maybe softer than in your generation and another reason could be the number of concussions /danger awareness of… possibly a factor.

Only two states have increased participation in tackle football. Three are about the same. Everywhere else it has decreased.

Fewer white and black males are participating. Hispanic participation rates have increased.

This article analyzes who is playing, who isn’t by race, geography, age, income and political affiliation.

Touch football participation is going up bigly, especially in wealthy areas. The who, what, and why…..

41818032-f089-41aa-b08a-5b697b4375ee_text.gif

Turning every thread into an annoyingly redundant joke no matter the topic is far worse than bullying. In fact, it’s actually good rationale for it.

Some of us are interested in the future and past of football. Others are interested in cartoons.

Put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig. The article is misleading and politically motivated. It disregards a number of factors and misrepresents the facts.

For facts on high school participation, you can only trust the NFHS
Read, and See chart at the bottom.

The article I posted also states that participation rebounded back to pre-pandemic levels.

It is looking at more long term trends in the sport. It’s not misleading. It has no agenda. It draws no conclusions. It gives data and information they were able to compile from many sources and gives some possible explanations. It was posted as a “where the sport currently stands”.

I naively thought some people would read it and discuss the direction the sport is heading instead of strictly attacking the messenger or posting childish memes.

The article I posted also states that participation rebounded back to pre-pandemic levels.

It is looking at more long term trends in the sport. It’s not misleading. It has no agenda. It draws no conclusions. It gives data and information they were able to compile from many sources and gives some possible explanations. It was posted as a “where the sport currently stands”.

I naively thought some people would read it and discuss the direction the sport is heading instead of strictly attacking the messenger or posting childish memes.

You go Toots!!! He is a MoRivals legend. Just ask him. He'll tell you.

If you ever taught a child with Down syndrome you would never attempt to ridicule someone with that picture. They are treasures. They are gifts.
Fun fact about Down Syndrome. It used to be called Mongolian Idiocy and those with the extra chromosome were called mongoloids

Reactions: BoosterBosko

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT