ADVERTISEMENT

Did Helias use an ineligible player in the Camdenton game?

Eagles_Ball

Dec 19, 2003
Hearing a player that had gotten ejected from the previous game played in the next game, which was against Camdenton. Anyone know anything about this? Supposedly brought to MSHSAA's attention and they ruled Helias didn't have to forfeit.

It's always the private schools that get away with it.
Bless Jason Watkins GIF by Mammoth Screen

Hearing a player that had gotten ejected from the previous game played in the next game, which was against Camdenton. Anyone know anything about this? Supposedly brought to MSHSAA's attention and they ruled Helias didn't have to forfeit.
This can also happen if the officials report on the ejection isn't written up properly. If the report does not support ejection, MSHSAA has no choice but to let them play. Don't know if that is the case here, but it does happen.

He was ejected during the Camdenton game and then sat out the next game which was Rock Bridge. Imagine that, a Private school following the rules.
My bad on that one. I misunderstood, which is why I asked. He did get kicked out of the Camdenton game. And then returned to play in the Camdenton game.

A little more clarification...Ref kicked him out. Camdenton crowd reacts cheering the ejection. Player goes back in the game. Gets a flag, which draws attention to him being back in the game, then gets kicked out again. Interesting. Wonder if the coaches knew or the player just subbed himself back in?

A little more clarification...Ref kicked him out. Camdenton crowd reacts cheering the ejection. Player goes back in the game. Gets a flag, which draws attention to him being back in the game, then gets kicked out again. Interesting. Wonder if the coaches knew or the player just subbed himself back in?
Don't matter. That's on the coaching staff. That's their job.

Don't matter. That's on the coaching staff. That's their job.
Agreed. Was more curiosity than anything. Evidently the coaching staff claimed they didn't know he was ejected. Assuming that's an attempt to cover for the player, if in fact it's obvious he was ejected and subbed himself back in. Could be they honestly didn't know, I guess. That's normally not something there's a lot of confusion about though.

Agreed. Was more curiosity than anything. Evidently the coaching staff claimed they didn't know he was ejected. Assuming that's an attempt to cover for the player, if in fact it's obvious he was ejected and subbed himself back in. Could be they honestly didn't know, I guess. That's normally not something there's a lot of confusion about though.
That's BS.
It's their duty to know. They have 13 coaches.

Just for fun...Here's the video...that slow of a day.

3:01:13 he gets tossed

3:07:24 he's back in and gets flagged, then gets another flag when it looks like the official tells him that he's already been ejected.

Just for fun...Here's the video...that slow of a day.

3:01:13 he gets tossed

3:07:24 he's back in and gets flagged, then gets another flag when it looks like the official tells him that he's already been ejected.

Hmm...seems like much ado about nothing really. He returns for one play where there was a flag and the refs rectify whatever confusion existed about him being ejected earlier. Unless I am missing something (which is a definite possibility) I don't see how Helias gained any advantage or Camdenton was negatively affected in a 38-8 game. Did this come to light because Camdenton is wanting to get a forfeit win or something?

Hmm...seems like much ado about nothing really. He returns for one play where there was a flag and the refs rectify whatever confusion existed about him being ejected earlier. Unless I am missing something (which is a definite possibility) I don't see how Helias gained any advantage or Camdenton was negatively affected in a 38-8 game. Did this come to light because Camdenton is wanting to get a forfeit win or something?
Oh, I don't think it had any effect on the game whatsoever. I don't think anyone could argue that.

Rules are rules?
I don’t think whether it effected the outcome of the game or not really matters. Kid was ineligible after being ejected, resumed play, and therefore Helias should have to forfeit for using an ineligible player. Period.

Rules are rules?
I don’t think whether it effected the outcome of the game or not really matters. Kid was ineligible after being ejected, resumed play, and therefore Helias should have to forfeit for using an ineligible player. Period.

That just seems fundamentally wrong to me. This isn't a case of a team playing an ineligible athlete on purpose or something.

I wouldn't want to win a game that way.

That just seems fundamentally wrong to me. This isn't a case of a team playing an ineligible athlete on purpose or something.

Idk that you are completely being truthful here. You wouldn't want to LOSE a game that way. Winning a game that way, well, a win is a win.

So the defense is the coaches are inept?
I would say the only "claim of ignorance" the coaches could have is if they didn't tell them he was ejected. You can obviously see it from the ref signal ejection to the Pressbox Side but wonder if the ref to their sideline let them know as well. Either way not a good look. While they're at it though, they may just check the players address. He was probably just settling some beef with some of his lake friends lol...

Is a player playing in a game he's already been ejected from "fundamentally wrong"?

Irony is that #77 is from the Lake area. They moved down during covid. His brother was a big time recruit for Illinois out of DeSmet who busted in college. Frankly he wasn't that good in the Tri-County but that is for another story.

I'd be interested to hear what you have to say after watching the film.
I did not see the ejection on the first personal foul. I thought they tossed him for arguing with the ref which we though was a second unsportsmanlike like. I stand corrected.

I did not see the ejection on the first personal foul. I thought they tossed him for arguing with the ref which we though was a second unsportsmanlike like. I stand corrected.
I can't imagine any way i'd have survived after arguing with a ref.

Reactions: HHSX2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT