ADVERTISEMENT

DeSmet 66, Winnetonka 40 FINAL

This looks very different from the opener. Tonka looks totally lost, frankly. DeSmet owning the boards forcing long 3s that are not going. One and done won't cut it here.

Very much like LSC vs. Smithville girls this is a pair of same (5) loss teams but the schedules are night and day and it is showing so far.

All DeSmet with the exception of a couple of 3s right before half. Tonka finally woke up but only after down probably too much to catch up. Not doing the sharpie thing just yet but not sure what will reverse this one.

This baby is gone for sure now. Tonka has been one of if not the biggest Cinderella story of the year in this Metro this should not blemish that. This game is a LOT more about DeSmet than Winnetonka.

Tomorrow night at 8 PM is must see as DeSmet faces Jeff City for the C5 title! Key to this one beyond Tonka being a bit wide eyed early was DeSmet's easy ability to break the press which the Griffs live on.

Back to Girls next up are the C4 semis. I am going to take a dinner break just peeking at the first game then back to watch and cover the LFL-Chilli game at 8 PM.

De Smet's never been phases for anything all season.

I'd be shocked if they don't beat Jeff City.
Most disciplined team I've seen so far and they make the 3s look almost effortless. We shall see, though. JC is playing with a huge essentially home crowd plus lots of motivation (the forfeits)..........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT