ADVERTISEMENT

David Freese

Once again I wanna know what you think a 'real good outfielder' can do that Noot can't or doesn't do. PITCHING is this teams biggest problem along with some injury issues that can happen to any team.
How about an OPS north of .800. That's probably borderline not good for a corner spot on a good team. How about an OPS of .850-900? He can't, or hasn't, done that.

Blah blah blah...You're saying the same thing over and over. Nobody is arguing with you. He's fine. He's decent. He's also nothing special. He doesn't have the pop to be a corner OF'er on a really good team. He's not the best defensive CF'er on this team, Carlson is (by leaps and bounds). But he's fine. If he's your 3rd best OF'er, or your 4th OF'er...cool. But he's not the best OF'er on a really good team. Think about the really good Cardinal teams of the past. And think about who their best OF'ers were. And then think about who their 4th OF'er was. Tell me who Lars Nootbaar most compares to, the best or the 4th. He might very well be the best OF'er on this team, and that's a huge freaking problem.
This is the team they have! We ALL know they need more but Noot is as good as anybody on this team out there, I don't know what you from his bat. Who can they put out there that is any better. You guys tell me how average he is but you have to see if gets lots of playing time he gets better and better, he doesn't have to be the best on ANY team to be good.
I've been saying all year they are playing like a travel ball team so everyone can learn every position instead of playing to WIN! The days off thang is mind boggling to me, they don't a need a day off every 3 or 4 days, these guys have been playing almost everyday their whole life! I can see a little extra time off in the heat we've had here and other places but not all the freakin time.

How about an OPS north of .800. That's probably borderline not good for a corner spot on a good team. How about an OPS of .850-900? He can't, or hasn't, done that.
He ain't playing on a good team so throw him out there let him keep gettin better. Muscle man ain't a bit better in the OF than NOOT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT