ADVERTISEMENT

CofO repeat?

OWLkaholic

Aug 27, 2001
CofO returns something like 80% of their scoring and adds a pg transfer from University of Memphis. Id say its an understatement to say that anything less than a repeat will be unsatisfactory.

We hope so.....

As a proud alumni, I hope that they can repeat. I was amazed by the national championship rings awarded to the players at Homecoming last Friday night. Those rings are absolutely awesome.

But, they are going to have to improve a lot if they want to repeat. They could do it, but going to have to play a lot better than they did Friday night. It's going to take some work. Hopefully they do it.

Re: We hope so.....

Lost at Evangel last night, starting forward Chris Pullen didnt play due to injury. Long year well see

He is a big loss for sure. But they just aren't playing real well right now. They will get better I'm sure. They have the ability, just have to work harder. Homecoming game they stepped up the intensity on Bethel College and went from 3 or 4 down to 25 up in minutes.

well, when you hear the next bit of news that comes out of c of o you will realize that there will be no repeat and that their season is over.

Re: this was the dumbest thing I have ever heard of

I guess I'm behind on whats going on. Why does anyone think their season is over? How bad is the injury to Chris Pullen? Whats up with the dean?

It really shouldn't be talked about on here in specifics, but they will be without several key players this year because of a situation off the court that probably wasn't handled well by the administration.

unbelievable!
This post was edited on 11/11 7:48 PM by theozarkspadesterif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

trust me, this team will not give up. Its just a shame that some stupid thing(THAT WE ALL HAVE DONE) will end hurt them. Trust me all the players think this thing is stupid. Other great players have been kicked out in the past for stupid stuff.

The loss last night to Missouri Baptist was disheartening but the team is coming along. Down 19 points in first half, came back and took the lead in the second half, then went down 10 but came back again to within 2 points. Got hurt bad by foul trouble, especially with Bonaparte. Couple of absolute terrible calls as well. Bonaparte got an intentional foul when he got faked out and went up in the air coming down on top of the shooter. Second call was a technical for taunting when another player went up for a layup and kid tried to draw a charge. As they both went to the floor the CofO player got called for staring at the defensive player. All while falling down mind you. Never saw a "Taunting" call made for that. Those two calls broke the momentum for CofO and led to a big point swing. But they played great to make the comeback. In a few games they will be back on track, although probably not as good as they were before.

Hey OWL

I bet that boozing and carrying on never went on when you were a student there.

I think they need Glenny back on the Sidelines to calm things down around there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT