Willard @ Waynesville

Neosho/Lebanon is the game of the week.

Webb City 41-7
Nixa 48-14
Republic 35-21
Lebanon 35-28
Carthage 55-7
Willard 28-24

Neosho at Lebanon I agree is the game of the week. Very interesting matchup. 2-0 vs 0-2 but in all reality these teams may be close. I could easily see Neosho winning this, but my gut says Lebanon is better.

Carthage at Glendale could be gross. Glendale lost (I think?) to Willard who was turboclocked by Ozark who was turboclocked by Carthage.

It's possible Webb and Poo could be a game but I think Kickapoo still has a lot of work to do. Nixa made Webb City look bad in the second half last week but it's entirely possible they win the rest of their schedule. Nixa has a roster that could make even some private STL schools feel envious.

Webb
Nixa
Republic
Neosho
Carthage
Willard

Technically you could say Nixa and Joplin is the game of the week because they are both 2-0. Obviously the game won't be close so it just depends how you look at it.

Webb City @ Kickapoo.. Webb City - Not close
Joplin @ Nixa.. Nixa - Not close
Republic @ Ozark.. Republic - Interesting matchup here. Ozark is ALOT better, but I'm taking the orange and black tigers!
Neosho @ Lebanon.. Neosho - This one should be close and could go either way. I'm taking the wildcats in a close one.
Carthage @ Glendale.. Carthage - Gross...
Willard @ Waynesville.. Willard - Even more gross...

Another great week of matchups!

Webb City @ Kickapoo
Joplin @ Nixa
Republic @ Ozark
Neosho @ Lebanon
Carthage @ Glendale
Willard @ Waynesville
Webb City @ Kickapoo...Webb eventually rolls. Something around 14-21 points in the end. They're too good to lose to Poo.

Joplin @ Nixa...Nixa by a million. No shot at Joplin. That's just basically going to be the mantra for Nixa the rest of the regular season.

Republic @ Ozark...I think week 2 safely showed where Ozark is. Clearly better than Willard, Glendale, and Waynesville (not 100% sure here) but not nearly ready to compete with the teams not as good as Nixa but still good. This week probably tells us where Republic really is. They got rolled by Nixa (the best) and rolled Waynesville (one of the worst). My gut tells me this gets ugly for Ozark. REPMO rolls to a 35-14 type win.

Neosho @ Lebanon...intriguing game. Neosho's fun and gun. Lebanon's ground and pound. Trying to be good vs. been good a while. Clash of styles and culture. It's darned near a toss up in my book, which means I'm giving the nod to Leb and their home crowd.

Carthage @ Glendale...Carthage could win this game 100-0 if they wanted and it's not because Carthage is all that awesome. How long until Glendale regrets the Mauk ousting? Evidently Frank Tristan is a super nice guy and his teams have gotten POUNDED in his four years in the COC. Mauk was an a$$hole by most accounts and his teams were pretty competitive.

Willard @ Waynesville...Waynesville gets to prove if they're better than the bottom dwellers or one of the bottom dwellers. I think they're closer to not being a dweller (Willard/Glendale) than being one. And they're at home. I think it's Waynesville by a couple TDs.

- Webb, Kickapoo has been very underwhelming so far.
- Nixa, although we find out what Joplin’s got in this game. If it’s relatively close (within 2 touchdowns), Joplin may be better than we thought.
- Republic, Ozark is not as good as that Week 1 win vs Willard makes it seem.
- Neosho, but that’s a big guess. We find out a lot about where both teams stand in this one.
- Carthage, going 3 for 3 on turbo clocks this year.
- Willard, this one will be ugly.

- Carthage, going 3 for 3 on turbo clocks this year.
That would be 4 for 4 on knocking out opponents.

powerslap-slap-ko.gif

Webb City over Kickapoo
Joplin gets beat by Nixa
Republic over Ozark
Neosho gets beat by Lebanon (hope I’m wrong. This could be the first loss by a heritage COC team to the newcomers. Let’s go Wildcats).
Carthage over Glendale
Willard over Waynesville

Webb City- gets back to the W column
Nixa- wins the Eagle battle
Republic- in an old classic COC rivalry
Neosho- hopefully keeps the recent old COC dominance
Carthage- should slap them silly as demonstrated to them last week
Willard- keep the old dominance in the battle of Ws.

In this case, "ALOT" is a relative term. I just think they are more experienced this year than last, quite a few returning faces, especially on the defensive end of the ball. I don't think they are a top 5 team in the COC by any means, but I do think comparatively to last years squad they are better. They will still lose to the top teams in the conference this year.
Curious...What makes you think Ozark is "ALOT" better?

Webb City @ Kickapoo...Webb eventually rolls. Something around 14-21 points in the end. They're too good to lose to Poo.

Joplin @ Nixa...Nixa by a million. No shot at Joplin. That's just basically going to be the mantra for Nixa the rest of the regular season.

Republic @ Ozark...I think week 2 safely showed where Ozark is. Clearly better than Willard, Glendale, and Waynesville (not 100% sure here) but not nearly ready to compete with the teams not as good as Nixa but still good. This week probably tells us where Republic really is. They got rolled by Nixa (the best) and rolled Waynesville (one of the worst). My gut tells me this gets ugly for Ozark. REPMO rolls to a 35-14 type win.

Neosho @ Lebanon...intriguing game. Neosho's fun and gun. Lebanon's ground and pound. Trying to be good vs. been good a while. Clash of styles and culture. It's darned near a toss up in my book, which means I'm giving the nod to Leb and their home crowd.

Carthage @ Glendale...Carthage could win this game 100-0 if they wanted and it's not because Carthage is all that awesome. How long until Glendale regrets the Mauk ousting? Evidently Frank Tristan is a super nice guy and his teams have gotten POUNDED in his four years in the COC. Mauk was an a$$hole by most accounts and his teams were pretty competitive.

Willard @ Waynesville...Waynesville gets to prove if they're better than the bottom dwellers or one of the bottom dwellers. I think they're closer to not being a dweller (Willard/Glendale) than being one. And they're at home. I think it's Waynesville by a couple TDs.
Just an outside op ed but looks like the Carthage-Glendale game is about both sides' coaching situations. Management, especially upper, out here in the industrial World is not dissimilar to what you all have been saying: The best leaders never try to make everyone their best friends but rather do what they know is right and often come across as "wound tight" or "caustic". In saying that gotta be mature enough, though, NEVER to get into anything physical no matter what.

Reactions: Rawlathaballa90
In this case, "ALOT" is a relative term. I just think they are more experienced this year than last, quite a few returning faces, especially on the defensive end of the ball. I don't think they are a top 5 team in the COC by any means, but I do think comparatively to last years squad they are better. They will still lose to the top teams in the conference this year.
I'd agree with that, was just curious on the "ALOT" part. They seem improved on defense. Offense is still really rough.

I'd agree with that, was just curious on the "ALOT" part. They seem improved on defense. Offense is still really rough.
Agreed! I do think they are more familiar with their offensive system than last year, but I fear they do not have the athletes necessary to be explosive on that side of the ball.

Another great week of matchups!

Webb City @ Kickapoo
Joplin @ Nixa
Republic @ Ozark
Neosho @ Lebanon
Carthage @ Glendale
Willard @ Waynesville

Neosho/Lebanon is the game of the week.
Webb City
Nixa
Republic
Neosho
Carthage
Willard

Undefeated this season. I'm editing my previous picks right now!

Webb City @ Kickapoo ... Webb City (42-12).
Webb is hurting. Doesn't matter.
Joplin @ Nixa ... Nixa (48-7). The Eagles are playing at a different level than the rest of the league
Republic @ Ozark ... RepMo (17-10). Competitive game. It's at Ozark so there's that.
Neosho @ Lebanon ... Lebanon (42-10). It may feel like Neosho is off to a strong start, but a lot of people are underestimating how bad SGF is at football these days.
Carthage @ Glendale ... Carthage (1000-0).
Willard @ Waynesville ... Willard (12-0).
Another scrum. Wllard emerges again.

Webb City 28-Kickapoo 14...I can't believe Kickapoo is this unprepared. They are good at every other sport, and just seem so far behind in football. I had thought they would be good defensively, but maybe the OC was just that bad on offense.

Nixa 41-Joplin 14...Nixa can't overlook them, feel like Joplin is a touch more physical than people thought they would be, but this is a major talent disparity. I do think Carthage has a fighting chance next week, especially if Joplin gets really physical with Nixa this week...and Carthage has their 3rd straight tune up game.

Republic 34-Ozark 21...Republic doesn't play defense, Ozark doesn't play offense...who knows what will happen. I give the edge to Republic due to athleticism of the quarterback and a pretty large coaching disparity.

Neosho 28-Lebanon 27...I can't wait to watch this one. Feels like Neosho is fighting for legitimacy and Lebanon may have a "final stand" and play their best game. Can Lebanon just physically whip Neosho??? That is in play...but Neosho is more skilled and fast than it seems they have been the past few years.

Carthage 61-Glendale 7...Glendale is bad....like really bad.

Willard 24-Waynesville 21.

Reactions: Stimie69er
So I just figured out the first 4 weeks of COC play is cross division and the last 5 is the division games.

Webb City at Kickapoo -- Cardinals
Joplin at Nixa -- Nixa
Republic at Ozark -- RepMo
Neosho at Lebanon -- Neosho
Carthage at Glendale -- Carthage
Willard at Waynesville -- Willard

Calpreps projections for those who dont hate data and friendly debate!

Webb City over Kickapoo 42-13

Nixa over Joplin 48-14

Republic over Ozark 34-19

Neosho over Lebanon 31-28

Carthage over Glendale 56-0 (You don't see the computer blank someone too often...)

Waynesville over Willard 31-21 (playoff projection had the opposite result)

Nixa over Joplin 48-14

Carthage over Glendale 56-0 (You don't see the computer blank someone too often...)

I'd say these are probably pretty accurate for my line of thinking. For whatever reason, I think Leb pulls it out. The spreads are about what I was thinking though, across the board.

I think the Waynesville-Willard game is the interesting one. I have this feeling (and that's basically all it is) that Waynesville is a bit better than both Willard and Glendale. Mind you, I don't think any of them are anything but bad. I just think Waynesville is a little more sound. I'm interested to see this score.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42

Nixa over Joplin 48-14

Those are basically in line with what I expect. And I agree with Eaglesball that I could see Lebanon pulling this one. But who knows. I'd like to see Neosho represent and start 3-0. May be an even match, they even wear the same colors, lol.

I'm hoping Joplin surprises everyone but Nixa has too many weapons.

I'd say these are probably pretty accurate for my line of thinking. For whatever reason, I think Leb pulls it out. The spreads are about what I was thinking though, across the board.

I think the Waynesville-Willard game is the interesting one. I have this feeling (and that's basically all it is) that Waynesville is a bit better than both Willard and Glendale. Mind you, I don't think any of them are anything but bad. I just think Waynesville is a little more sound. I'm interested to see this score.
I was just really surprised that it had waynesville winning by ten in a regular season projection but losing by like 7 in a playoff projection. Seems weird since they are both projected at a neutral site. Maybe past playoff performances are taken into account I guess?

Webb City 28-Kickapoo 14...I can't believe Kickapoo is this unprepared. They are good at every other sport, and just seem so far behind in football. I had thought they would be good defensively, but maybe the OC was just that bad on offense.

Nixa 41-Joplin 14...Nixa can't overlook them, feel like Joplin is a touch more physical than people thought they would be, but this is a major talent disparity. I do think Carthage has a fighting chance next week, especially if Joplin gets really physical with Nixa this week...and Carthage has their 3rd straight tune up game.

Republic 34-Ozark 21...Republic doesn't play defense, Ozark doesn't play offense...who knows what will happen. I give the edge to Republic due to athleticism of the quarterback and a pretty large coaching disparity.

Neosho 28-Lebanon 27...I can't wait to watch this one. Feels like Neosho is fighting for legitimacy and Lebanon may have a "final stand" and play their best game. Can Lebanon just physically whip Neosho??? That is in play...but Neosho is more skilled and fast than it seems they have been the past few years.

Carthage 61-Glendale 7...Glendale is bad....like really bad.

Willard 24-Waynesville 21.

First loss of the season is Webb City. Totally ridiculous. Too many excuses right now..injuries, inexperienced assistant coaches, too many kids interested in other sports. Just saying the previous coach overcame these things...

Record now 17-1.

Carthage vs Nixa next Friday is going to be the good one.

Reactions: Stimie69er
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT