ADVERTISEMENT

CMAC Week 3

trumanbulldog42

Sep 26, 2019
Rock Bridge (1-1) vs. Jeff City (1-1) - Rock Bridge by as many as they want. It appears after Friday that week 1 may have been a case of how much worse Jeff is and not a great Cammy team.

Smith Cotton (0-2) vs. Camdenton (1-1) - uphill battle here for Smith-Cotton. Interested to see how both teams bounce back from Friday's disappointing results.

Capital City (2-0) vs. Hickman (0-2) - poor Kewpies....

Helias (2-0) vs. Battle (0-2) - Oh how the mighty have fallen....Helias by as many as they want

Can Camdenton compete with the good teams? They're clearly better than the bad ones (Battle, Hickman, JC, S-C), just because I think JC is probably the best of the worst.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42
Can Camdenton compete with the good teams? They're clearly better than the bad ones (Battle, Hickman, JC, S-C), just because I think JC is probably the best of the worst.
Agreed, that's definitely the question for me as well. Where does Camdenton fit in, because I feel like the rest of the teams we kinda know where they are even if the order changes a little from year to year

Camdenton from 4-5 years ago with the DeLaurent kid, yes I believe they compete. This year, no I don't. I think it's Rock Bridge and Helias far and away better than the others. Not sure what Camdenton has coming up.

Agreed, that's definitely the question for me as well. Where does Camdenton fit in, because I feel like the rest of the teams we kinda know where they are even if the order changes a little from year to year
giphy.gif

Joe might be on to something here. All due respect to the good people associated with the Branson football program, but if they're anywhere close to turbo'ing you...well, you might have some issues.

I did hear there were some unique scenarios that lead them to the outcome, but man, still it's Branson v Camdenton.

Joe might be on to something here. All due respect to the good people associated with the Branson football program, but if they're anywhere close to turbo'ing you...well, you might have some issues.

I did hear there were some unique scenarios that lead them to the outcome, but man, still it's Branson v Camdenton.
I thought the news here in Jeff City said that Camdenton starting QB was out for the game. Not sure if was the whole game or partial.

Speed is the biggest difference for Camdenton now. It's something they have struggled with since moving up to Class 5.

Yeah, I heard something about the starting qb being out for a couple of series due to his knee brace breaking or something like that.

Yeah, I heard something about the starting qb being out for a couple of series due to his knee brace breaking or something like that.
Yep. It locked up. Like wouldn’t hinge. Took a couple series before they could get it to bend again. I think the Lakers had two turnovers during that time.

Rock Bridge (Columbia) 28-17
Camdenton 33-3
Capital City (Jefferson City) 55-21
Helias Catholic (Jefferson City 56-14

Heard it was first series and was out until the second half. That would throw a team out of whack for sure, especially early on. They can compete with everyone but RB and Helias are the top 2 in the conference no doubt.

Heard it was first series and was out until the second half. That would throw a team out of whack for sure, especially early on. They can compete with everyone but RB and Helias are the top 2 in the conference no doubt.
Yeah, that would definitely make the early 21-0 lead for Branson make much more sense

Yep. It locked up. Like wouldn’t hinge. Took a couple series before they could get it to bend again. I think the Lakers had two turnovers during that time.
It happened when he tried to slide. It was on the second series, after they turned it over on the first one, with him in there. He only missed the rest of that series and the next one. And there were no turnovers when he was out of the game.

It happened when he tried to slide. It was on the second series, after they turned it over on the first one, with him in there. He only missed the rest of that series and the next one. And there were no turnovers when he was out of the game.
I get what you're saying, but going 2 of your first 4 drives without the guy that is easily the best player on the team and the guy that makes the offense go definitely puts you behind the 8 ball for momentum and flow of the game.

Not saying the result would've been completely different if he hadn't missed those series but it's definitely possible

I get what you're saying, but going 2 of your first 4 drives without the guy that is easily the best player on the team and the guy that makes the offense go definitely puts you behind the 8 ball for momentum and flow of the game.

Not saying the result would've been completely different if he hadn't missed those series but it's definitely possible
I understand that... but it is a lot different than missing from drive 1 until the half or the team turning the ball over twice with him on the bench, like was stated above. That is all I was pointing out. But it would have an effect on any team, if that happened.

For those who like em.....calpreps projections

Rock Bridge over Jeff city 52-28

Camdenton over Smith-Cotton 42-13

Cap City over Hickman 58-26

Helias over Battle 56-14

I know not everyone is a fan of these projections but I think it's interesting how close they typically are, especially later in the season when they have more data to go off of.

Reactions: hangmanbobbyjaggers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT