ADVERTISEMENT

Class 2

HAWKS4LIFE

Oct 22, 2001
Is anyone going to challenge Lamar? I personally think they win the next 2 (3 consecutive) Their Jr. class is LOADED!! Excited to get this year started! Best of luck to everyone!

Is anyone going to challenge Lamar? I personally think they win the next 2 (3 consecutive) Their Jr. class is LOADED!! Excited to get this year started! Best of luck to everyone!
If they are going to lose? This season after conference play I could see Ava being a dark horse. They were devastated with injuries last year. They know how we play and previous exposure can be a factor. Not saying it will happen. I could be convinced if Maryville falls down they could be a good opponent at state. My 3rd option for a threat would be Lutheran St Charles. But they are third currently.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
How can we talk classes when MSHSAA has not released its assignments?
Well with who could fall down to class 2 I think the only possible threats would be Maryville or Mount Vernon if they are better this year. They know Lamar. Not that it wouldn’t end any differently then normal though. Lamar really doesn’t have a chance to move up from MSHSAA’s own requirements and Lamar’s enrollment.

Where’s BO graduates and or fans. Any chance they move down? I saw on maxpreps they have 112 boys out or something insane like that if numbers I saw for re classifications are correct? That’s about every boy in the school is playing football. Seems off.

Where’s BO graduates and or fans. Any chance they move down? I saw on maxpreps they have 112 boys out or something insane like that if numbers I saw for re classifications are correct? That’s about every boy in the school is playing football. Seems off.
Remember the enrollments are three grades only. 9-11

Blair Oaks will most likely stay in Class 3, will be close though.

They have their usual 50-60 kids out, and they have out most all of the kids that need to be out for football.

They are very young and inexperienced on defense. Last week in the jamboree they started 6 sophomores and 1 freshman on defense. They didn't have a single senior starting on defense. So they will have some ups and downs, but should still end up being a pretty good defense as those players develop throughout the year. They still have the players and athletes there, they're just really young and inexperienced.

Offensively they bring back all but 1 offensive lineman from last year(injured for the year). They lose every receiver except 1 and they lose their running back. BUT they do have their 2 time all state stud QB back that is only a junior this year. So with him they will be hard to stop most likely. They have some good athletes at the skill positions, but they're just young and inexperienced.

Overall they will have some moments early in the season where the inexperience and the youth come through. But I expect by playoffs they will be where they need to be in order to be a contender, Class 2 or 3. They will be very well coached and prepared, it's just a matter of them getting themselves clicking on all cylinders by the time playoffs come around. All this being said, I'm not nearly as confident with them winning state this year as I was in 2018 and 2020. This year will be similar to their 2019 team, where there's a decent chance, but most likely not a really great chance.

Next year for the 2022 season, they will most likely have another one of their scary good teams similar to the 2018 team, and most likely better than their 2020 team. They will return basically everybody next year from this years team.

Blair Oaks will most likely stay in Class 3, will be close though.

They have their usual 50-60 kids out, and they have out most all of the kids that need to be out for football.

They are very young and inexperienced on defense. Last week in the jamboree they started 6 sophomores and 1 freshman on defense. They didn't have a single senior starting on defense. So they will have some ups and downs, but should still end up being a pretty good defense as those players develop throughout the year. They still have the players and athletes there, they're just really young and inexperienced.

Offensively they bring back all but 1 offensive lineman from last year(injured for the year). They lose every receiver except 1 and they lose their running back. BUT they do have their 2 time all state stud QB back that is only a junior this year. So with him they will be hard to stop most likely. They have some good athletes at the skill positions, but they're just young and inexperienced.

Overall they will have some moments early in the season where the inexperience and the youth come through. But I expect by playoffs they will be where they need to be in order to be a contender, Class 2 or 3. They will be very well coached and prepared, it's just a matter of them getting themselves clicking on all cylinders by the time playoffs come around. All this being said, I'm not nearly as confident with them winning state this year as I was in 2018 and 2020. This year will be similar to their 2019 team, where there's a decent chance, but most likely not a really great chance.

Next year for the 2022 season, they will most likely have another one of their scary good teams similar to the 2018 team, and most likely better than their 2020 team. They will return basically everybody next year from this years team.
What? Sophs and freshman playing?
Dont tell carnie or clinton

Reactions: WaggleQB
Lamar will be bumped up to class 3 I would think.
Absolutely not. They aren’t even that close. By the new standards they’d need 30 ish plus new kids. In grades 9-12. They have no jobs, and a few kids are now being homeschooled instead of attending the school since even last year. People always forget one of the oddities of Lamar continuing on as a great program is the fact there’s nothing there. (In town) unlike surrounding towns that’s used to be their size.

Absolutely not. They aren’t even that close. By the new standards they’d need 30 ish plus new kids. In grades 9-12. They have no jobs, and a few kids are now being homeschooled instead of attending the school since even last year. People always forget one of the oddities of Lamar continuing on as a great program is the fact there’s nothing there. (In town) unlike surrounding towns that’s used to be their size.
Pretty good bbq place.

Just shows how big of gap there is between class 2 and 5/6 schools. Lamar will most likely repeat and they looked like a JV team against Webb and Joplin during the jamboree.

• Haha
Spoiler! This "legendary" poster is NOT a Doc Guy!!
You Doc Guys....
R.63943d91cc94362f8af0c35ad0b1ac58

• Angry
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Absolutely not true. Many employers are looking for workers.
Is equating “jobs” to “economy driving and boosting” jobs the same thing? I see plenty of part time and less then 13 dollars an hour jobs. Redneck is the only thing that pays decent. I’m talking about growing a city level job. There’s nothing that’s going to fuel a economy here. Or bring in families unless they want to drive to find well paying jobs. I’m absolutely correct sir. I love this town but it’s fairly dead. Which speaks nothing to those of us who live here, nor I’m I ragging on it either.

Just shows how big of gap there is between class 2 and 5/6 schools. Lamar will most likely repeat and they looked like a JV team against Webb and Joplin during the jamboree.
Lamar didn’t allow Joplin to score, and got three turnovers on Webb, as well as scored on both varisty Defenses. And I’m sure In most states most small schools playing a amazing powerhouse like Webb and a class 6 school would look bad at times. Don’t ya think?

Last edited:
Hey Party who are the big employers in Lamar? Is there anybody driving any growth?
Redneck, Smith Seed, Capital Polymers, Cox Hospital, Lamar Schools, ect... If your are looking for a ton of 50k+ jobs...then no they are rare. But to say there are NO jobs is simply not true.

Redneck, Smith Seed, Capital Polymers, Cox Hospital, Lamar Schools, ect... If your are looking for a ton of 50k+ jobs...then no they are rare. But to say there are NO jobs is simply not true.
Not what was meant. You kinda have to decide to Interpret it that way to take it that way. Obviously meant growth based jobs. It’s why other smaller towns, ones we even play in sports have grown and we haven’t.

Not what was meant. You kinda have to decide to Interpret it that way to take it that way. Obviously meant growth based jobs. It’s why other smaller towns, ones we even play in sports have grown and we haven’t.

I will say this Lamar is a nice little town, it is to bad that O'Sullivans closed up and that so far the town's leadership has not been able to find a company that can replace it. There was a time in the conference that Lamar was one of the bigger schools. I think even at one time they were bigger than Monett.

I will say this Lamar is a nice little town, it is to bad that O'Sullivans closed up and that so far the town's leadership has not been able to find a company that can replace it. There was a time in the conference that Lamar was one of the bigger schools. I think even at one time they were bigger than Monett.
Yup that hurt pretty bad. I wish we would’ve gotten that brake line company (I believe). We were a finalist for it a few years back. But we didn’t get it.

Monett has grown a lot, Lamar was never bigger. For context in 1980 Monett had a pop. of 6,100 while Lamar was at 4,053. O'Sullivan was a big loss.

Monett has grown a lot, Lamar was never bigger. For context in 1980 Monett had a pop. of 6,100 while Lamar was at 4,053. O'Sullivan was a big loss.

Sorry meant more school population... We have always been a big town population wise, but the actual size of our school district is tiny, When I graduated high school in the mid 80's we only had 396 kids in high school.

Reactions: PartyMyWay
Who are you kidding? Lamar starters scored a td against the Joplin varsity defense while intercepting a pass and holding Joplin scoreless. Joplin's only td came against the jv defense.

Against WC, the Cardinals scored a td right up the middle on the first play. Lamar scored a td against the WC defense. WC scored a couple more touchdowns against Lamar's jv and freshman team. Lamar also recovered 2 WC fumbles and had 1 interception. So, there was not as much of a difference as you say.

Lamar didn’t allow Joplin to score, and got three turnovers on Webb, as well as scored on both varisty Defenses. And I’m sure In most states most small schools playing a amazing powerhouse like Webb and a class 6 school would look bad at times. Don’t ya think?
When since Lamar pages joplins 2s that was nice and the turnovers are great, but in a real game it’s Webb 42 Lamar 7 and it’s a running clock. There is a huge gap and there should be. It’s not a knock on Lamar just shows the gaps in large and small schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT