ADVERTISEMENT

Carl Junction 42 - Hillcrest 13 (FINAL)

I thought it was pretty common practice for both teams to kneel when someone is down and injured whether they’re your team or not. Or at least it was in my day.

Guess they do things differently in CJ

I was at the game watching from a quiet spot, had I known you were there would have been willing to meet you.

Surprised you didn’t mention the following mistakes made by game operations:
— Clock never stopped after both Hillcrest punts in the first quarter. Clock stops on change of possession, did not happen, no one on the officiating crew noticed either.
— First quarter took 20 minutes total time to play. Kickoff at 7, end of 1st quarter was 7:20.
— First play of the second quarter was an illegal procedure penalty on CJ and the clock ticked off two seconds on a dead ball foul, officials never noticed or had the clock reset.
— Clock was started on extra points on all three second quarter touchdowns. The most egregious was the CJ touchdown with :53 seconds left in the half, the two-point conversion had a penalty and after the successful conversion run, the clock had :47 seconds remaining.
— Second half kickoff went out of bounds with no touch by either team … four seconds ran off the clock as it read 11:56. Clock was started on the kick instead of on the return. Can you imagine if there had been a touchback? Clock would have ran off five or six seconds while the ball traveled in the air out of the end zone.

During the second half, started watching the 40 second play clock closer and it was not executed properly at all. Twice in the first half I caught where it was not reset and read zero as Hillcrest broke the huddle, once the white hat caught it and was pushing for a reset which didn’t happen.

The second half it was completely random when it was reset.

If I was Hillcrest, I would be upset with game operation/game management. The result was not impacted by the mistakes but for a varsity game to have inept game operators is unacceptable at the high school level.

Not to mention the PA announcer speaking over the white hat while announcing penalties, the PA announcer mispronouncing his own players names and the PA announcer leaving the microphone on while talking inside the press box.

Its inexcusable for a school the size of Carl Junction — with two athletic directors in the high school and another for the junior high — to be unable to secure trained professionals to execute proper game management and logistics.

Haven’t gone back to do stats off the film yet but I’m willing to bet the play by play and color announcer either failed to notice the errors or laughed about them. Of course, those two are both members of the school board including the president and they do such a horrible job representing the district that it has become an utter embarrassment.

Had a player last year come tell me it’s so embarrassing, 20 years from now when he wants to sit down with his son and show him videos from when he played, his son is going to ask why can’t they get your name right dad?

Two years ago when they spoke negatively about the Jefferson City boys basketball team during the Kaminsky Classic, a friend of mine in Jefferson City texted me to ask who were the two clowns calling the CJ game online, I had to explain it was the school board president.

I was at the game watching from a quiet spot, had I known you were there would have been willing to meet you.

Surprised you didn’t mention the following mistakes made by game operations:
— Clock never stopped after both Hillcrest punts in the first quarter. Clock stops on change of possession, did not happen, no one on the officiating crew noticed either.
— First quarter took 20 minutes total time to play. Kickoff at 7, end of 1st quarter was 7:20.
— First play of the second quarter was an illegal procedure penalty on CJ and the clock ticked off two seconds on a dead ball foul, officials never noticed or had the clock reset.
— Clock was started on extra points on all three second quarter touchdowns. The most egregious was the CJ touchdown with :53 seconds left in the half, the two-point conversion had a penalty and after the successful conversion run, the clock had :47 seconds remaining.
— Second half kickoff went out of bounds with no touch by either team … four seconds ran off the clock as it read 11:56. Clock was started on the kick instead of on the return. Can you imagine if there had been a touchback? Clock would have ran off five or six seconds while the ball traveled in the air out of the end zone.

During the second half, started watching the 40 second play clock closer and it was not executed properly at all. Twice in the first half I caught where it was not reset and read zero as Hillcrest broke the huddle, once the white hat caught it and was pushing for a reset which didn’t happen.

The second half it was completely random when it was reset.

If I was Hillcrest, I would be upset with game operation/game management. The result was not impacted by the mistakes but for a varsity game to have inept game operators is unacceptable at the high school level.

Not to mention the PA announcer speaking over the white hat while announcing penalties, the PA announcer mispronouncing his own players names and the PA announcer leaving the microphone on while talking inside the press box.

Its inexcusable for a school the size of Carl Junction — with two athletic directors in the high school and another for the junior high — to be unable to secure trained professionals to execute proper game management and logistics.

Haven’t gone back to do stats off the film yet but I’m willing to bet the play by play and color announcer either failed to notice the errors or laughed about them. Of course, those two are both members of the school board including the president and they do such a horrible job representing the district that it has become an utter embarrassment.

Had a player last year come tell me it’s so embarrassing, 20 years from now when he wants to sit down with his son and show him videos from when he played, his son is going to ask why can’t they get your name right dad?

Two years ago when they spoke negatively about the Jefferson City boys basketball team during the Kaminsky Classic, a friend of mine in Jefferson City texted me to ask who were the two clowns calling the CJ game online, I had to explain it was the school board president.

I mentioned a few instances in my posts where the game clock was running when it shouldn’t have been in the first half.
I didn’t catch all of them though. Later in the 3rd CJ was only up 21-13 at the time but I could tell by the way they were moving the ball the game was over so I wasn’t paying as much attention to the specifics.
I hadn’t even planned on going to this game since my buddy’s son is done for the year, but went ahead anyways. Wanted to see how CJ looked.

They have the potential to give WP & Branson both good games and maybe even beat them, but if they played like they did tonight, I don’t think they’ll get it done.

WP has struggled up front, but are still much better than Hillcrest in the trenches and their D will give CJ fits if they try to run all night.

I had mentioned in another thread that I was going to CJ and had mentioned AC on there. Don’t know if he wanted to meet me or not 🤣🤣
I can be a bit of a fanatic and obnoxious with the teams I follow in the heat of the moment so you might not of liked what I had to say either.

I may go to the CJ/WP game so who knows.

Was very impressed with CJs kicking game as well as their RBs. They ran hard and kept their feet moving, hard to get a gauge on CJs line because Hillcrest OL has been pretty poor all year. QB definitely threw into double coverage multiple times and he’ll have to watch that because he’ll get a lot more pressure from Branson and WP than he did tonight.

Reactions: Craig Hull
You mentioning about the school board pres doing the streaming for the games and talking crap reminded me of when Thayer was playing at East Buch in the playoffs in football a few years ago and while they were on air streaming the game there were other East Buch parents in the pressbox talking trash about certain individual players for Thayer while they were doing their stream.

CJ will get destroyed next week with an effort like that. I just didn't feel much energy.

CJs passing game is inconsistent.

CJ has a D1 offensive lineman that only plays on offense now but I have to assume once districts start he is going both ways.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
You mentioning about the school board pres doing the streaming for the games and talking crap reminded me of when Thayer was playing at East Buch in the playoffs in football a few years ago and while they were on air streaming the game there were other East Buch parents in the pressbox talking trash about certain individual players for Thayer while they were doing their stream.

The CJ crew is so bad if I started listing all the mistakes they make the message board would crash.
The best has to be when he tries to describe the offensive alignment and has no idea the difference between shotgun, pistol, splitback, offset I and spread.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
CJ will get destroyed next week with an effort like that. I just didn't feel much energy.

CJs passing game is inconsistent.

CJ has a D1 offensive lineman that only plays on offense now but I have to assume once districts start he is going both ways.
I can guess which offensive lineman that was LOL

If Bolivar has righted the ship, CJs 4-game stretch coming up is going to be brutal, but honestly, Seneca may be better than both Branson and WP, and that’s not a knock to either of them, Seneca is just good.
So if y’all play them tough and limit turnovers, I like your chances against the other two teams.

The CJ crew is so bad if I started listing all the mistakes they make the message board would crash.
The best has to be when he tries to describe the offensive alignment and has no idea the difference between shotgun, pistol, splitback, offset I and spread.
Sounds like what I have to listen to while sitting in the stands. Had to explain to a group of people tonight that an inadvertent facemask isn’t a 15 yard penalty 🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT