ADVERTISEMENT

Can you watch the Cardinals?

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
I live outside of town. We don’t have cable access. For 16 years I had Dish Network.
Two years ago they stopped showing STL Cardinals games so I dumped the over priced service. I watched a lot of games for free on a bootleg website my in-laws found out about from his guy. That website is very unreliable.

Last August I paid for the Direct-TV streaming app so I could watch the last two months of the season after listening to games on the radio most of the summer.

The Bally Sports+ app was supposed to stream Cardinals games in 2023 for $19.99/month. The season starts in days and from what I can tell, it ain’t happening.

But I can sign up and get Detroit Tigers or KC Royals games or even STL Blues games. I can watch NBA games on it. What in the hell is wrong with MLB???????????

My only option is to re-activate my Direct TV streaming APP for $99/month just to watch baseball. Absurd.

It’s kind of amazing how awful the MLB is at “promoting” their product. It’s pretty much the anti version of the NFL and NBA. It’s like they try really super hard to not make it a available.

We have been cord cutters for quite a while now. YouTube and Hulu for live TV. Neither had FSMW/Ballys at the time we had them. Last time I had regular access was 2019 season when we lived in KC area. I bought the MLB package after Father’s Day for whatever the big discount was. Maybe $120 for the remainder of the season. I’d watch occasionally on my phone while at a kids practice or something or after they were in bed. But man, it was just so hard to watch. I honestly haven’t missed it much. I’ll watch when they’re on the YouTube or another National feed if it’s not blacked out. That said, if there were something like the Ballys app that was supposed to happen, I’d pay the $20 or so a month to watch. I’d probably still get the MLB package but I’m pretty sure we’re blacked out down here in Spfd area. And that’s the insane part, I’m blacked out. Over 200 friggin miles from Busch. That’s so antiquated and backwards thinking.

It’s kind of amazing how awful the MLB is at “promoting” their product. It’s pretty much the anti version of the NFL and NBA. It’s like they try really super hard to not make it a available.

We have been cord cutters for quite a while now. YouTube and Hulu for live TV. Neither had FSMW/Ballys at the time we had them. Last time I had regular access was 2019 season when we lived in KC area. I bought the MLB package after Father’s Day for whatever the big discount was. Maybe $120 for the remainder of the season. I’d watch occasionally on my phone while at a kids practice or something or after they were in bed. But man, it was just so hard to watch. I honestly haven’t missed it much. I’ll watch when they’re on the YouTube or another National feed if it’s not blacked out. That said, if there were something like the Ballys app that was supposed to happen, I’d pay the $20 or so a month to watch. I’d probably still get the MLB package but I’m pretty sure we’re blacked out down here in Spfd area. And that’s the insane part, I’m blacked out. Over 200 friggin miles from Busch. That’s so antiquated and backwards thinking.
Yea the Springfield being in “the St. Louis market” thing on mlb.tv made my head explode. I’m 70 miles away and I think that’s ridiculous. It’s like they want fewer fans.

It’s like they want fewer fans.
That’s what all of their moves scream and I can’t figure it out. I’ve never once thought, in all my year of being a Birds fan, crap I can’t watch them on TV so we better head on down to the stadium. So dumb. On the other hand, if you control your product (rather than selling off media rights) and make it available to everyone in a number of modes…just think of all the potential fans you could gain. In turn, those fans get invested in the sport and a team and then want to buy merchandise and go see their team play in person. Why is that such a foreign concept?

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
I just texted a guy I know who works for the Cardinals but isn’t directly involved with TV negotiations. He said….

The talk is that they are going to pull the blackouts for mlbtv with everything that is going on. I’ll find out more on Monday. Chances are ballys app gets it too.

Same boat here. I can see the cable building from my house. But it doesn't run this direction. I've been through Dish, YouTubeTV, and DirectTV Stream. DTV Stream price went up a bunch so I went back to YTTV and bought the Bally Sports + stream thinking I could watch Blues and Cards. Suprise, Cards games aren't on the app. If the Bally app does get it fine. But if not I'll be dropping that and just listen on the radio now and then. It's simply absurd how hard they make it to follow their sport.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT