ADVERTISEMENT

Branson

Rolla girls won a bracket and Fatima won a bracket. Sparta is good. 2 of their top 3 weren't there Friday but they thumped licking and blue eye on Thursday. Licking is huge but no guards. Blue Eye will be good again with the twins flying around. Climax Springs is a quality small school. Hollister PG is a nice nice player.
Campbell girl from Rolla is on another level now. Corley and Libhart with campbell inside makes rolla a contender. Depth could be an issue against Kickapoo in OC play.

Rolla girls won a bracket and Fatima won a bracket. Sparta is good. 2 of their top 3 weren't there Friday but they thumped licking and blue eye on Thursday. Licking is huge but no guards. Blue Eye will be good again with the twins flying around. Climax Springs is a quality small school. Hollister PG is a nice nice player.
Campbell girl from Rolla is on another level now. Corley and Libhart with campbell inside makes rolla a contender. Depth could be an issue against Kickapoo in OC play.
Kickapoo is down. Way down. And about to lose their remaining best player. Rolla is definitely the favorite I’d think.

Why would Kickapoo be down so much? They only graduated 1 and lost 1 to transfer. Fontleroy didn’t play at all last year, so that would be a huge boost unless she is out or transferring. They should have tons of size still. Or are they losing more than just those kids?
Will Sparta be class 2 or 3 next year?

Why would Kickapoo be down so much? They only graduated 1 and lost 1 to transfer. Fontleroy didn’t play at all last year, so that would be a huge boost unless she is out or transferring. They should have tons of size still. Or are they losing more than just those kids?
Sparta is real close to the cutoff. I would guess they move up to class 3 though. That’s what they would of been last year with the extra class they are adding.

Post is moving. Coach is fighting it, but with the recent influx of transfers into the bots program, he’s being told to shut up and let her move. The other one that left has a 9th grade sister that will start immediately in Nixa, and very possibly is their best player. Fontleroy is still iffy to play. And the locker room chemistry is, uh, a problem. They’ll be down.

Fontleroy played this past week at the Fieldhouse for Kickapoo, so she's back. Why would she be "iffy" to play if she seems to be healthy and is already playing?

Nixa already has too many players as it is - even without two good seniors to be no longer playing basketball at all - so it'll be interesting to see how all that works out.

You could see signs of Sparta rising up last year. Blue Eye will be different without Patton but they will still be good. Those two should have a real battle for the Conference Title. "Bug" down at Hollister, is, and has been a special player. She took over games last year. And, if they get a lead, can practically be a stall game all by herself.

It's the two that didn't play last year for various reasons. They both played significant varsity during their sophomore seasons.

Post is moving. Coach is fighting it, but with the recent influx of transfers into the bots program, he’s being told to shut up and let her move. The other one that left has a 9th grade sister that will start immediately in Nixa, and very possibly is their best player. Fontleroy is still iffy to play. And the locker room chemistry is, uh, a problem. They’ll be down.
Other than the boys program getting a lot of transfers, this is a complete work of fiction.
1. The post may leave, but the coach isn't trying to fight it.
2. Fontleroy played this past week and looked fine. She will be ready for the season.
3. The 9th grade sister is far from Nixa's best player. Will be lucky to start.
4. Chemistry may actually be an improvement from the attrition from the program and me-first attitudes.
5. While they may be down, I would hardly count them out. They're still big. Still athletic. And with Fontleroy they will almost certainly always have the best player on the floor, which can't be overstated.
Get your facts straight before you post this garbage.

Don’t want to get into specific names, even if it is just an initial. I disagree some with it being so tough in Nixa. If that is true why haven’t they been better? I think they had a losing record last year and only 1 district championship since 2014. They have had a D1 player during that time who is now playing overseas professionally. Also have had others play college ball at lower levels or had the opportunity to.

Don’t want to get into specific names, even if it is just an initial. I disagree some with it being so tough in Nixa. If that is true why haven’t they been better? I think they had a losing record last year and only 1 district championship since 2014. They have had a D1 player during that time who is now playing overseas professionally. Also have had others play college ball at lower levels or had the opportunity to.

Well... that's a loaded question. I guess when I say it's tough in Nixa, I mean that they have a lot of talent and just high numbers in general. When you have that, it's all the more important that they play the best players and coach them up.

Well... that's a loaded question. I guess when I say it's tough in Nixa, I mean that they have a lot of talent and just high numbers in general. When you have that, it's all the more important that they play the best players and coach them up.
In the past 3 or 4 years I have seen loaded Nixa Junior High teams play but when I looked at their high school roster now I see very few of those players now. Do they just quit?

In the past 3 or 4 years I have seen loaded Nixa Junior High teams play but when I looked at their high school roster now I see very few of those players now. Do they just quit?

That, or they transfer.

The 2021 and 2022 classes lost a combined 4 games or something like that in 4 total seasons in middle school. Both classes have been hit hard with players quitting or transferring, but they still have plenty of talent.

Who are the two seniors that are not going to play this year for Nixa
One who got kicked off last year, and one who quit last year. They don’t have too many players. They had too many bad ones last year. Lots of girls who got time last year gonna be watching this year.

Other than the boys program getting a lot of transfers, this is a complete work of fiction.
1. The post may leave, but the coach isn't trying to fight it.
2. Fontleroy played this past week and looked fine. She will be ready for the season.
3. The 9th grade sister is far from Nixa's best player. Will be lucky to start.
4. Chemistry may actually be an improvement from the attrition from the program and me-first attitudes.
5. While they may be down, I would hardly count them out. They're still big. Still athletic. And with Fontleroy they will almost certainly always have the best player on the floor, which can't be overstated.
Get your facts straight before you post this garbage.
Ha. I know for a fact the coach told the family he’d fight it. I’m not guessing.

the freshman in Nixa will start. She’s at worst the 2nd best player. Would you like to wager?

Ha. I know for a fact the coach told the family he’d fight it. I’m not guessing.

the freshman in Nixa will start. She’s at worst the 2nd best player. Would you like to wager?

Who will she start over? Two returning juniors to be will start, so will the older transfer, the senior post will likely start and then either the other senior or maybe the sophomore who is the daughter of a prominent faculty member will start. If the other rumored transfer of a Senior post player happens, then she starts.

I know there will be at least two good freshman there, but I just can’t see either one starting over who they already have, unless they have size and can play post. Nixa needs size. They've got three good junior guards, so a freshman guard also starting with those three and the post might not make the most sense, but I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
What a clown. I’ve spoken to the coach and the player. Neither of them said that. But you keep pushing what you want.
As far as the freshman goes, if she starts they might as well make space for another district runner-up trophy.
Nixa girls basketball:
No one does less with more

Kickapoo has beaten Nixa 11 straight times. That would be like steph curry leaving the warriors and joining the Thunder with KD and Westbrook thinking it's a better situation.

Who will she start over? Two returning juniors to be will start, so will the older transfer, the senior post will likely start and then either the other senior or maybe the sophomore who is the daughter of a prominent faculty member will start. If the other rumored transfer of a Senior post player happens, then she starts.

I know there will be at least two good freshman there, but I just can’t see either one starting over who they already have, unless they have size and can play post. Nixa needs size. They've got three good junior guards, so a freshman guard also starting with those three and the post might not make the most sense, but I guess we'll see.

Returning juniors, transfer junior will start. ADs daughter will not. Senior post probably unless other transfer materializes. The Poo transfer freshman will start. It’s done.

What a clown. I’ve spoken to the coach and the player. Neither of them said that. But you keep pushing what you want.
As far as the freshman goes, if she starts they might as well make space for another district runner-up trophy.
Nixa girls basketball:
Nixa girls basketball:
Want to wager? An easy question.

Listen, I’m not guessing. MSHSAA has already been contacted. This isn’t speculation. She was moving with grandma until Pendergrass threatened her with a challenge. Have you seen the emails to MSHSAA? I have. I get that you’re a Poo fan, but the facts are undeniable. The Poo AD is in a tough spot. After the boys team got injections of talent it’s hard to challenge someone leaving. I know the NL was contacted about it as well. The shape of the story would be “boys can get talent in, but you challenge girls leaving?” Like I said—we will see. But I’d still like a wager on whether she’d start or not.

Is the Poo coach challenging the sisters transfer to Nixa or the post transfer or both. Also where is Kickapoo’s post transferring to?

The sisters already had at least one parent living in Nixa, so that's probably not challenge-able. If a player were to move in with grandma instead of staying with their actual parents, I can see where a school might challenge that, absent of a good reason for the move.

Both people chiming in above with opposing stories seem to think they know what is happening. Not sure how one can characterize a freshman starting varsity as "done" when actual tryouts and practices don't take place till October. That almost makes it seem like it was worked out before the transfer happened...

I think the sisters moving to the Nixa district to live with a parent there could still be challenged. That is similar to the Kirk situation at Poo a few years ago. MHSAA said he couldn’t play varsity. I believe that was his second move however. But the sisters are moving for athletic reasons. It is to get away from Poo’s coach

Yeah. Its actually becuase the mom doesnt think the sophomore scored enough as she so arrogantly announced from the stands after a 32 point Kickapoo win over Parkview last season.

It’s clear they moving for athletic reasons, they have said as much to many people. Parent has lived in Nixa for awhile. Used dads address for poo and now will use moms for Nixa. No grandma involved. Just tired of poor coaching at Poo, period. Not gonna get any better down South, but at least they can feel like stars which is all they care about.

Maybe next time Nixa will actually take applications when the girls head coaching spot is open.

The freshman can move and be eligible with no issues. They can move schools for any reason between 8 and 9. The junior to be would be the one whose eligibility could be in question. She’ll make a nice tandem with the junior that’s a really good player on that team if deemed eligible

Update: The freshman sister who transferred to Nixa along with her junior sister is not starting. They are starting the 5 I thought they would start. But Nixa is playing 5 additional players off the bench so far for fairly extensive minutes and the freshman is one of them.

So if there was a wager, someone won, and someone lost :p

Last edited:
And the AD's daughter is in fact starting. If she wasn't starting, then the senior post who got hurt would be.

AD's daughter is playing very well from what I've seen so far and deserves to start, especially since she's grown 2 or 3 inches in the last year and is now close to 6'. She has a good inside-outside game and jumps very well, as she is a volleyball standout as well.

Update: The freshman sister who transferred to Nixa along with her junior sister is not starting. They are starting the 5 I thought they would start. But Nixa is playing 10 players off the bench so far for fairly extensive minutes and the freshman is one of them.

So if there was a wager, someone won, and someone lost :p
The season isnt over, and there’s a reason she isn’t starting yet. Do you know what it is?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT