ADVERTISEMENT

Big 8 Pick em week 2

bullitpdq68

Sep 22, 2005
Home of the Cubs!!
Week one is in the books and really no big surprises. Monett is young and played like it at times. Reeds is decent, but I would say clearly not as good as last year. Mac County at home was able to put up more of a fight with the neers than I thought. Everybody else the scores looked about what was predicted.

Last week Results
Reeds SpringVersusMonettCrossoverReeds33-28east
Mt VernonVersusMac CountyCrossoverMt Vernon23-13east
AuroraVersusSenecaCrossoverSeneca37-0West
HollisterVersuscAssvilleCrossovercAssville44-6West
MarshfieldVersusLamarCrossoverLamar68-14West
LogRogVersusthe NewtCrossoverLogRog28-0east
CatholicVersusNevadaCrossoverNevada56-0west

This week Picks.

NevadaVersusReeds SpringCrossover
SenecaVersusCatholicCrossover
cAssvilleVersusAuroraCrossover
The NewtVersusHollisterCrossover
Mac CountyVersusMarshfieldCrossover
MonettVersusMt VernonCrossoverThursday Game
LamarVersusLog RogCrossover

My Picks.

Nevada over Reeds Nevada should get by Reeds easily, but I would not be surprised if Reeds puts up some points.
Seneca over Catholic The Indians should be able to put this away by halftime.
Aurora over cAssville. this is my upset pick Saw Aurora at some camps and their skill looked decent and they have size.
The Newt over Hollister, see if they can get in the win column. going out on a limb here.
Mac County over Marshfield.
Monett over Mt Vernon, again going with my heart on this pick. Love my cubbies!! Mt Vernon is very talented and very well coached so this would be a huge upset.
Lamar over Log Rog, I will be surprised if this game an't over by halftime.

Nevada
Seneca
Cassville
Hollister
Mac County
Mt. Vernon (want Monett, definitely see them being a tough out each game with the fight they showed against RS)
Lamar

Reactions: bullitpdq68
RS - wont pick against them, Were rolling last week until injuries hit and a young Monett team that didnt quit made it close 33-7 became 33-28 real fast
Seneca - might be the leagues best vs the leagues worst
Cassville- Houns might be improved but not enough
Hollister- Tigers might be the youngest team on either side but should get this one
MC- would have picked different a week ago
MTV- they are going to be crazy good the next two years
Lamar- maybe a little closer than last week but they roll anyway

Nevada over Reeds Spring. Should be big, unless Reeds gets some big plays.
Seneca over Catholic by whatever score they want.
Cassville over Aurora. Hollister was terrible, so who knows about Cassville.
Hollister over East Newton. East Newton might keep it close.
Mac over Marshfield. Mac outplayed Mt. Vernon most of the game and probably should have won.
Mt. Vernon over Monett. Monett probably has more talent and showed a ton of heart, but MTV has a better coach and Monett runs a 3rd grade offense.
Lamar over Log Rog. They just keep rolling.

Nevada over Reeds Spring. Should be big, unless Reeds gets some big plays.
Seneca over Catholic by whatever score they want.
Cassville over Aurora. Hollister was terrible, so who knows about Cassville.
Hollister over East Newton. East Newton might keep it close.
Mac over Marshfield. Mac outplayed Mt. Vernon most of the game and probably should have won.
Mt. Vernon over Monett. Monett probably has more talent and showed a ton of heart, but MTV has a better coach and Monett runs a 3rd grade offense.
what offense does Monett run?

I'm not sure. Watch it online and tell me. It looks like they just kind of line up and push each other forward a few yards at a time.
Looks like the flexbone. Really good offense if you can block.

Like most.

Monett probably has more talent and showed a ton of heart, but MTV has a better coach and Monett runs a 3rd grade offense.
The Mox knows about coaching. Coach Lance Harbor was able to come in and save the day! From what the Mox saw, Monett’s 3rd grade offense looked like the Oppty-Oop the Mox liked run! And they almost got 400 yards running that offense! That’s what the Mox was trying to tell Coach!

The Mox knows about coaching. Coach Lance Harbor was able to come in and save the day! From what the Mox saw, Monett’s 3rd grade offense looked like the Oppty-Oop the Mox liked run! And they almost got 400 yards running that offense! That’s what the Mox was trying to tell Coach!
Looks like Mac ran a similar offense with some success against MTV. I'll take Tom Cox not letting that happen twice, but Monett might have better pieces to run it.

NevadaI'll just take all home teams this week. Why not?
Seneca
cAssville
The Newt
Mac County
MonettThursday Game
Lamar

The Mox believes this is the same comment others would use about Lamar and their offense back in their hay-day! The Mox says RUN THE OOPTY OOP!
The Mox!!! Imagine the teams you and Coach Nickerson could have produced. Offensive genius, creator of the Oopty Oop one on side. Then defensive mastermind, creator of the 6-2 Stack Monster on the other!

The Mox!!! Imagine the teams you and Coach Nickerson could have produced. Offensive genius, creator of the Oopty Oop one on side. Then defensive mastermind, creator of the 6-2 Stack Monster on the other!
The only team Mox would be coaching.
ffc2c228-335e-4df0-90bc-bc0b9074f932_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT