ADVERTISEMENT

Best Matchup of the Week

I'm the Junkyard Dog.
Sigh. I guess I have to be Paul Bearer
HyCEjT.gif

Well they were known for openly recruiting players from other schools at SPS, hence the whole Mabins situation.

They use their QB camps to try to recruit kids from other districts and have been told by multiple sources that they already started doing that this past summer in the Big 8.

From a pure coaching standpoint, they’re great, from a recruiting standpoint, oh wait, this is HS football, shouldn’t be a thing.

There’s a reason none of the coaches in the OC or the Springfield area liked them, and there’s a reason the Mauks were given I believe 3 or 4 different warnings by SPS in regards to openly asking athletes to leave their schools and transfer to Glendale. It was an ongoing issue at SPS and there were formal complaints being made every year.

I like Monett, but can’t respect the Mauks. Develop the talent you’ve got in your program.

I was posting on a HS football forum in Ohio years ago when the Mauks came to Missouri for the first time, and I wondered why most of the posters on there weren’t fans of the Mike Mauk, now, however many years later, I get it.
So much to unpack in all this and honestly no matter what I say you and others will believe what you want. However I will just say this the Boogeyman almost all of the time never turns out as bad as others want them to be once (you) actually take the time and get to know them.

Monett has one of the better young QB's in the Big 8 if not the best, and the kid is only a sophomore, who wants to ride the pine for three years?...BFE is going to continue to act like they are from BFE....

As for talent, They are developing the talent in Monett! Mauk said he was going to two platoon when he took the job, nobody thought it could be done many said it will be a huge mistake we don't have the kids or talent. Mauk said I will get kids out and it will work, well guess what we do it and you are starting to see it pay off, the kids are learning the system and believing. These kids deserve success.

Monett has one of the better young QB's in the Big 8 if not the best, and the kid is only a sophomore, who wants to ride the pine for three years?...BFE is going to continue to act like they are from BFE....

For the record, I never said they were working on recruiting current high school QBs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT