ADVERTISEMENT

Are we better off today than 4 years ago?

I cannot say I am better off, but I am not worse either.
Two things really hurting Biden is his refusal to do something about the border, and inflation which not sure how much control he has over that.

Reactions: Arcola
I cannot say I am better off, but I am not worse either.
Two things really hurting Biden is his refusal to do something about the border, and inflation which not sure how much control he has over that.
"refusing to do anything about the border"

Pretty sure there was an immigration bill that was headed to his desk that got derailed by #DonSnoreleone

WOW, I didn't realize that time frame. Everything slowed way down during COVID.
The country really started paying attention to COVID March, maybe February, but Fauci became a household name in March, and by the end of April he was hidden. It seemed like he was visible for A LOT longer than that.

WOW, I didn't realize that time frame. Everything slowed way down during COVID.
The country really started paying attention to COVID March, maybe February, but Fauci became a household name in March, and by the end of April he was hidden. It seemed like he was visible for A LOT longer than that.
He made the rounds on various talk shows... Fat Donnie could not completely shut him down.

"refusing to do anything about the border"

Pretty sure there was an immigration bill that was headed to his desk that got derailed by #DonSnoreleone
Biden doesn't get a pass on the border. He's had 4 years to do something. Dems and BIden are dead wrong on immigration and it may cost Dems the election, even though I don't think this country is stupid enough to put Con Man back in office.

Biden doesn't get a pass on the border. He's had 4 years to do something. Dems and BIden are dead wrong on immigration and it may cost Dems the election, even though I don't think this country is stupid enough to put Con Man back in office.
They tried to pass something that sounds like even the GOP liked.

Trump blocked it for optics

The GOP doesn't really care about immigration either.

Problem is there will be some industries hurt badly if there is a 'clamp down' (Hint: There won't be).

Oil industry in SW US relies on undocumented immigrants. Bigly

They tried to pass something that sounds like even the GOP liked.

Trump blocked it for optics

The GOP doesn't really care about immigration either.

Problem is there will be some industries hurt badly if there is a 'clamp down' (Hint: There won't be).

Oil industry in SW US relies on undocumented immigrants. Bigly
Listen neither the Dems nor the Pubs actually want anything done about the border, because big business doesn't want it fixed, why because they need cheap labor!!! We as consumers need the cheap labor to help keep inflation in check.

Reactions: HomeyR and straw09
Listen neither the Dems nor the Pubs actually want anything done about the border, because big business doesn't want it fixed, why because they need cheap labor!!! We as consumers need the cheap labor to help keep inflation in check.

If we cognitively understand this...and we like lower prices...then what exactly are we bitching about?

agreed!!

If we cognitively understand this...and we like lower prices...then what exactly are we bitching about?
good question, but really its harder today because the government does make it harder to hire illegal immigrants, so we as consumers don't reap the benefits. We actually now have to pay more for them and the benefits they receive.

good question, but really its harder today because the government does make it harder to hire illegal immigrants, so we as consumers don't reap the benefits. We actually now have to pay more for them and the benefits they receive.
I don't know the ins and outs of work visas, but a friend of mine runs a local landscaping crew and he was not granted his workers this year. Also knew another friend in the STL area that would have 30+ on work visas. Why deny those workers when we need the labor help?

I don't know the ins and outs of work visas, but a friend of mine runs a local landscaping crew and he was not granted his workers this year. Also knew another friend in the STL area that would have 30+ on work visas. Why deny those workers when we need the labor help?
good question, in my area down here SWMO you can find lots of labor. Had to have some brick work done, called a local contractor said he could not get to it for 6 months to a year before he could get to it. Later on I was driving by a house and there was a bunch of guys laying bricks on a house, so I stopped and asked them if they do any work, nobody there could speak very much English to understand very much, but they had me write down my address. A few days later they showed up with another fellow who could speak English, Explained what I needed and next thing I know they do the brick work charge me half of what the contractor was going to charge and did really good work. Don't believe any of those guys were legal LOL they preferred cash.

good question, in my area down here SWMO you can find lots of labor. Had to have some brick work done, called a local contractor said he could not get to it for 6 months to a year before he could get to it. Later on I was driving by a house and there was a bunch of guys laying bricks on a house, so I stopped and asked them if they do any work, nobody there could speak very much English to understand very much, but they had me write down my address. A few days later they showed up with another fellow who could speak English, Explained what I needed and next thing I know they do the brick work charge me half of what the contractor was going to charge and did really good work. Don't believe any of those guys were legal LOL they preferred cash.
Good for you

That's capitalism.
Why do the GOPers want to control everything and ruin our economy?

3 years back we had a bad storm come thru the north end of our county and I would guess 40-50% of the homes got their roofs replaced. It was tough for local contractors to find help. One guy brought in a crew of Mexicans. I talked to him one day and he said the Mexican crew could tear off and replace two roofs in the time it took his regular crew to replace one.

3 years back we had a bad storm come thru the north end of our county and I would guess 40-50% of the homes got their roofs replaced. It was tough for local contractors to find help. One guy brought in a crew of Mexicans. I talked to him one day and he said the Mexican crew could tear off and replace two roofs in the time it took his regular crew to replace one.
They are hard working, just had mine replaced 3600 square foot home tore it off and put a new on in a day, was not a real fan of the music...

In our area that is essentially what every roofing crew is. One foreman that speaks English and the rest are Mexicans. The ones that I met that worked for my buddy worked their tails off and were very respectful. I feel bad for them that they wouldn't let them back to work this year.

It's funny how things have flip, Dems were against NAFTA GOP wanted it, Dems were against illegal immigration Pubs didn't care. In the last 15 years that slowly flipped so crazy.
Slick Willie signed off on NAFTA in 93.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT