ADVERTISEMENT

Archie 40, Worth County 26 FINAL. CONGRATULATIONS WHIRLWINDS!

CONGRATULATIONS to both sides! Great way to kick off Show Me Bowl 2023................

I have a Vendor meeting followed by Company lunch so will not be able to cover the C3 game at all will peek in at C1 when I get home will cover each 7 PM game beginning with C5 tomorrow!

Four quadrants, southwest Mo, northwest Mo southeast Mo, northeast Mo.

Archie certainly west.

Archie closer to Arkansas than Iowa.

Thus on the four quadrant map Archie is in Southwest Missouri. Which is the whole point of saying “southwest Missouri”.

If you want to put them in northwest Missouri, please explain.

Archie certainly west.

Thus on the four quadrant map Archie is in Southwest Missouri. Which is the whole point of saying “southwest Missouri”.

West Central Missouri................

They are SWMO only in the sense that of all the 8 man schools they are in the 8 man area. Here's how I'd determine if they are SWMO or KC area... any random kid on the team how to get to Joplin... then ask them how to get to Arrowhead... Most would probably say where the **** is Joplin.

They are SWMO only in the sense that of all the 8 man schools they are in the 8 man area. Here's how I'd determine if they are SWMO or KC area... any random kid on the team how to get to Joplin... then ask them how to get to Arrowhead... Most would probably say where the **** is Joplin.
Sure, but if you ask them which way they’ll head to buy a used pickup truck I bet they’d head south.

Archie certainly west.

Archie to Joplin 1 hr 44min
Archie to kansas city 51 min

Reactions: Arcola
Archie to Joplin 1 hr 44min
Archie to kansas city 51 min
And your point is what? I didn’t realize KC was the northern tip of Missouri.

Geographically speaking, facts are facts. Archie is closer to the Missouri southern border than it is to the Missouri northern border.

And here in southwest Missouri, we love our Archie Whirlwinds!

(Our goal here is to make this a longer thread than the State Championship Predictions thread which turned into the usual public versus private debate - this one seems a lot more fun to me)

😀

Interestingly......you guys should get your maps out and do some measuring. By saying SW MO, one is implying you are geographically dividing the state into 4 quadrants (SW, SE, NW & NE). Archie is approximately 135 miles from the the Arkansas State line and approximately 145 miles from the Iowa state line.

I guess if you want to add central Mo to equation, it would be geographically located in West Central Mo. If you divide Mo in half between North and South, it is certainly not in the north half of the state.

To visualize a line dividing north and south, where Highway W intersects with 49, between Archie and Harrisonville, is about halfway between the northern and southern state borders. Jefferson City is almost exactly in the middle, north to south speaking and then over to just a few miles south of downtown STL, if you ignore the 30 mile wide bootheel.

Missouri-Map-1265x1124.jpg

Congrats to Archie. A state title takes hard work, talent, organization, focus, and often some good fortune. Every team that wins one is deserving. It's a hell of an accomplishment. Have not seen them, but have heard from trusted friends and associates that they were unbelievable. I believe it's their first title? That's a special deal. All of the players, coaches, and everybody associated with the program should enjoy this for weeks. And weeks and weeks, if they want to.

That is classic stuff

https://ibb.co/pbp4sFx

Map don't lie baby there is no way you call archie sw look at that pin
Have to agree with you. I’m looking at this map with its very clear labels and city name, and most of the country will now think of Archie as a St. Louis area school.

If we assume that giant pin which takes up a huge chunk of the map and thus creates what some would call an optical illusion is indeed Archie.

Or if we assume there is a northern half of Missouri and a southern half of Missouri, we could use Google maps to PROVE (once again) that Archie is closer to Arkansas than Iowa.

Now, SWMO says let’s go Seneca, Marionville and Republic. Don’t let our Archie neighbors down today! Let’s make it #two, three, and four titles today for ourselves!

🏆🏆🏆🏆

Lamar will finish it all out tomorrow - one more 2023 ring for our SWMO thumbs!

Reactions: I2R I
Speaking as a person located 5 miles south of Archie we do not consider ourselves SWMO. To me, anything north of Kansas City might as well be Omaha. Joplin is rarely a thought unless we are going to Oklahoma and it's the last stop before hitting the border.
We definitely see ourselves as just western, MO hence the WEMO conference. But if forced to choose we would not choose SWMO.
It's one of those things that when we want to nerd out and get technical it's "Huh...guess we are SWMO".

Interestingly......you guys should get your maps out and do some measuring. By saying SW MO, one is implying you are geographically dividing the state into 4 quadrants (SW, SE, NW & NE). Archie is approximately 135 miles from the the Arkansas State line and approximately 145 miles from the Iowa state line.

I guess if you want to add central Mo to equation, it would be geographically located in West Central Mo. If you divide Mo in half between North and South, it is certainly not in the north half of the state.

To visualize a line dividing north and south, where Highway W intersects with 49, between Archie and Harrisonville, is about halfway between the northern and southern state borders. Jefferson City is almost exactly in the middle, north to south speaking and then over to just a few miles south of downtown STL, if you ignore the 30 mile wide bootheel.

I don’t think this is the map most true MoSporters refer to.

I don’t think this is the map most true MoSporters refer to.
@J. Kane

Reactions: shoot90draw
Speaking as a person located 5 miles south of Archie we do not consider ourselves SWMO. To me, anything north of Kansas City might as well be Omaha. Joplin is rarely a thought unless we are going to Oklahoma and it's the last stop before hitting the border.
We definitely see ourselves as just western, MO hence the WEMO conference. But if forced to choose we would not choose SWMO.
It's one of those things that when we want to nerd out and get technical it's "Huh...guess we are SWMO".
Import some red clay then you can call Archie SWMO...........oh and don't forget the rocks!

Reactions: Missouri Kid
And just when Webb City, Seneca and Lamar were considering replacing Joplin with Archie in their annual August jamboree…..what a shame.

Oh well! I’m still just as proud of the Whirlwinds and wish them equal success in 2024!

I like the J Kane map better...............

Reactions: CaptainMullet
not all playoffs
Just from Quarterfinals on, got it! Keep picking against them and if it doesn't work today and tomorrow, continue on next year during the regular season. It is bound to happen at some point! Especially when they play each other in the regular season!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT