ADVERTISEMENT

Another Kansas Genius

Duck_walk

Oct 17, 2002
Carlton Bragg is a 6'10" five-star recruit from Villa Angela St. Joseph in Cleveland. Every major college basketball program has been after Bragg for a couple years now and on Thursday, he was set to finally make his decision. The finalists were Kentucky, Kansas, and Illinois. After an interminable press conference featuring lots of preamble from people who were not Bragg, the coveted recruit finally stepped to the mic.

As the drama built, Bragg said "University of Kentucky" as he
put on his Kansas hat. He then apologized, saying he misspoke.
Bahahahaha

This post was edited on 1/8 3:25 PM by Duck_walk

I wonder how many Jayhawks are coming out early for the NFL draft?

Originally posted by Duck_walk:
Carlton Bragg is a 6'10" five-star recruit from Villa Angela St. Joseph in Cleveland. Every major college basketball program has been after Bragg for a couple years now and on Thursday, he was set to finally make his decision. The finalists were Kentucky, Kansas, and Illinois. After an interminable press conference featuring lots of preamble from people who were not Bragg, the coveted recruit finally stepped to the mic.

As the drama built, Bragg said "University of Kentucky" as he
put on his Kansas hat. He then apologized, saying he misspoke.
Bahahahaha

This post was edited on 1/8 3:25 PM by Duck_walk
While I can easily see this happening because of confusion, UK-KU, but do you think he might have done that on purpose?

Originally posted by revno:

I wonder how many Jayhawks are coming out early for the NFL draft?
We will leave the coming out to Pinkys boys.......Lets play best players revno I will go uhm Gayle Sayers your turn...........waiting...........OK I'll go John Riggins your turn............your right noone, bunch of hohums from mU. Want to try Basketball??? LMAO you MU boys cant get past your past to enjoy your present.

Stop waiting..................................

Roger Wehrli, Kellen Winslow, Johnny Roland............................................you better be glad Sayers and Riggins played 30, 40 years ago because you would have a hard time getting them to Kansas today.
This post was edited on 1/8 6:56 PM by Pure Swing

Re: Stop waiting..................................

Originally posted by Pure Swing:
Roger Wehrli, Kellen Winslow............................................you better be glad Sayers and Riggins played 30, 40 years ago because you would have a hard time getting them to Kansas today.
Okay then Ill go Dana Stubblefield and Gilbert Brown, little more recent but do agree Sayers probably wouldnt have gone to KU even though he was born in Wichita but Riggins may have still went to KU as he as well is a true Jayhawker. You do realize Winslow is almost 60 and Wehrli is almost 70 right?

I'm sorry I didn't know that Sayers and Riggins were so much younger. I think there are around 25 MU Tigers playing in the NFL today.......................how many Jayhawks?

I'm sorry I didn't know that Sayers and Riggins were so much younger. I think there are around 25 MU Tigers playing in the NFL today.......................how many Jayhawks?
LOL you MU boys are so sensitive. I just pointed out that you told me Sayers and Riggins were years ago so I pointed out the two you gave were as old and older. KU usually has around 10-13 or so. MU around twice that many. As usual MU fans cant comprehend KU being a Basketball school therefore we have more in the NBA with 15 and names like Danny Manning, Paul Pierce and some little dude from years past Wilt Chamberlain who have played in the NBA.

LOL........We're not sensitive, out of all those great KU players in the NBA, do they know the difference between a KU hat and a UK hat? If your bringing up Manning, would he have gone to Kansas if they hadn't given his dad a coaching job?

If your bringing up Manning, would he have gone to Kansas if they hadn't given his dad a coaching job?
I don't favor either school, but do you know how stupid that sounds? That happens a lot of times.

LOL........We're not sensitive, out of all those great KU players in the NBA, do they know the difference between a KU hat and a UK hat? If your bringing up Manning, would he have gone to Kansas if they hadn't given his dad a coaching job?
Im thinking that would say more about Ohio than Kansas but once again whatever makes you feel better.

Just a kid? I'm sure he was pretty nervous.

He'll be an honor roll student at ku. No class attendance necessary.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

your right.....that is a lot.
There have been several instances over the years where a parent has got a college job in the son's recruiting. But for me to name them is too much effort for me to research. So I know that these situations have existed, but to let you sleep better at night knowing you were correct it is easier to type "one". I find the hatred between the two states to be humorous.

Check your post count slacker.
roll.r191677.gif

I'm done with that challenge.
laugh.r191677.gif

Didn't Julian Winfield's father (Lee?) get an asst coach position when he played??

Absolutely. What about Julian Winfield? He transferred from St. Lou U. to sign with the JAYHAWKS but Stewart offered his daddy a job so he instead went to MU.

Originally posted by wc3peat:
LOL you MU boys are so sensitive. I just pointed out that you told me Sayers and Riggins were years ago so I pointed out the two you gave were as old and older. KU usually has around 10-13 or so. MU around twice that many. As usual MU fans cant comprehend KU being a Basketball school therefore we have more in the NBA with 15 and names like Danny Manning, Paul Pierce and some little dude from years past Wilt Chamberlain who have played in the NBA.
Don't forget a pretty good point guard named JoJo White. I'm far from a KU fan, but I respect talent wherever it comes from.

I really thought kU's punter, or someone off of the kickoff return team might have had enough exposure this year to latch on to one of these NFL jobs all of these Mizzou players are getting. Maybe next year.

Originally posted by revno:
I really thought kU's punter, or someone off of the kickoff return team might have had enough exposure this year to latch on to one of these NFL jobs all of these Mizzou players are getting. Maybe next year.
Yeah Missouri really floods the market. MU has 22 total players in the NFL with a handful being starters. KU has 12 with a handful being starters. Hell Pitt State and MOSO can almost compete with that. You brag about some stupid stuff. You realize you dont get to claim the players like the Mannings with your SEC SEC BS right?

Are you really claiming 22 is somewhat close to 12?

Also, mizzou has had 6 first round draft picks since GP took over, with another one assured this year in Ray. Can ku claim anything close to that?

Peat do you read before you speak?
"You MU boys can't get past your past to enjoy your present." - 3 peat

Then all you can talk about is Sayers and Manning just to name a few from 20 plus years ago. Come on man.
Stop acting like you are from kansas.

Originally posted by wcowherd:
Are you really claiming 22 is somewhat close to 12?

Also, mizzou has had 6 first round draft picks since GP took over, with another one assured this year in Ray. Can ku claim anything close to that?

you are a mouthy freakin idiot. Do you read where I say the two are close? Can they come close to that? Kind of a stupid question isnt it? Do you wanna compare NBA picks you reakin twit? KU had the first and third pick in the draft last year MU ever done anything like that? 2008 KU had 3 first rounders and 3 second rounders MU ever do anything like that peanut?

Originally posted by Shark12:
Peat do you read before you speak?
"You MU boys can't get past your past to enjoy your present." - 3 peat

Then all you can talk about is Sayers and Manning just to name a few from 20 plus years ago. Come on man.
Stop acting like you are from kansas.
Simple English for you. You morons are so use to getting your a$$es handed to you when you have a good team or are on a roll like the lst few years your fans are so obnoxious nobody but an MU fan cares.

I guess if you could read and comprehend the post you would understand where the Manning and Sayers comment came from but whatever. And your right Im not from KANSAS..............

You were the one that compared the 22 to 12. What was the purpose of that if not to compare the two? And no one is talking about basketball here. Can ku fans talk about anything other than basketball? Maybe it's because you can't compare the 1st round draft picks that mizzou has.

Originally posted by wcowherd:
You were the one that compared the 22 to 12. What was the purpose of that if not to compare the two? And no one is talking about basketball here. Can ku fans talk about anything other than basketball? Maybe it's because you can't compare the 1st round draft picks that mizzou has.
They talk about basketball, you talk about football. Everyone has their favorite success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT