Webb City 35, Lebanon 13
Joplin 30, Kickpaoo 7
Neosho 51, Glendale 13
Carthage 55, Waynesville 7
Osage 35, Bolivar 0
Festus 20, Rolla 6 (PPP in fourth)
Mt Home (AR) 43, West Plains 21
Marshfield 12, Parkview 0
No shame for WP there: Mountain Home is on my AR championship watch list...............

No shame for WP there: Mountain Home is on my AR championship watch list...............
I watched the first half of that game last night. It’s on YouTube from both WP & MH broadcasting groups.

WP was bigger, but MH was faster, and really kicked WP tail in the trenches. The first quarter and a half was ugly for both teams. Both lost a fumble and both threw a pick. But MH righted the ship after that.
WP conditioning didn’t look that great and their OL looked terrible or maybe MH DL was just that good.
they just didn’t look ready for MH at all.

I had picked WP to lose this game by 2 TDs so I’m not surprised by the outcome.

Ary had mentioned in the preseason that this may be the best group he’s had since he’s been at MH. Their season have ended at the hands of Greenwood the last 2-3 years and they’re pretty much the Webb City of Arkansas as far as success goes.

This will be a good game for both MH/WP to have. It’s the shortest trip of the year for both schools since they’re both in what would be considered BFE in their state LOL

Not shocked that Glendale and Waynesville got blown out.

Joplin must have righted the ship because I think the last update I got, Poo was winning that game in the 2Q

Parkview must be world record bad to get shut out by Marshfield (the blue jays will probably finish last in the OMC)

I was surprised Bolivar got turboed. Was not expecting that at all.

I watched the first half of that game last night. It’s on YouTube from both WP & MH broadcasting groups.

WP was bigger, but MH was faster, and really kicked WP tail in the trenches. The first quarter and a half was ugly for both teams. Both lost a fumble and both threw a pick. But MH righted the ship after that.
WP conditioning didn’t look that great and their OL looked terrible or maybe MH DL was just that good.
they just didn’t look ready for MH at all.

I had picked WP to lose this game by 2 TDs so I’m not surprised by the outcome.

Ary had mentioned in the preseason that this may be the best group he’s had since he’s been at MH. Their season have ended at the hands of Greenwood the last 2-3 years and they’re pretty much the Webb City of Arkansas as far as success goes.

This will be a good game for both MH/WP to have. It’s the shortest trip of the year for both schools since they’re both in what would be considered BFE in their state LOL

Not shocked that Glendale and Waynesville got blown out.

Joplin must have righted the ship because I think the last update I got, Poo was winning that game in the 2Q

Parkview must be world record bad to get shut out by Marshfield (the blue jays will probably finish last in the OMC)

I was surprised Bolivar got turboed. Was not expecting that at all.
Poof there went my thoughts about the Liberators going to Harrisonville next week. When a coach like Ary says that think Roderique ten years ago................

These OC teams, by and large, have a big learning curve ahead moving to this COC.

Not surprised at all by the results and margins. Well, maybe by the Joplin-POO score. The Springfield teams are miles behind the rest.

We've always been a day late and a dollar short regarding facilities. Now, the indoor practice facility will be the next thing that will take Springfield 20 years to build for each high school.

Not surprised at all by the results and margins. Well, maybe by the Joplin-POO score. The Springfield teams are miles behind the rest.

We've always been a day late and a dollar short regarding facilities. Now, the indoor practice facility will be the next thing that will take Springfield 20 years to build for each high school.
We should obviously put the SPS AD in a leadership role in our state sports organization.

Reactions: UNCLERICO22
We should obviously put the SPS AD in a leadership role in our state sports organization.

Well, I'm not going to comment on that. The sports facilities at SPS have been a problem for decades. They started playing catch up under Fisher by adding turf at the football fields around 2012 (they've been replaced at least once at each school since then), but the indoor facilities are awful. It takes money (BOND MONEY) and they've had far too many other buildings to deal with to spend money on sports. I'm sure it'll happen, but not for another decade+. We now have field turf and new grandstands/concessions at all the baseball/softball facilities. They've made some improvements to the outdoor facilities, but only ones that didn't bust the budget.

I’ll say back when my son was still in high school (graduated in ‘22) and we had baseball games at the various Springfield schools, I was always perplexed at how Kickapoo still looked trapped in the ‘80s when it was supposed to be the prime jewel of R-12. Yet a lot of dirt and improvements were being done on the Hillcrest athletic facilities; it seemed like a construction zone each time we visited it. Of course, work at the ‘Poo did start his senior year.

If Lebanon had had their starting QB the game may have been a lot closer with WC. Just saying...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT