ADVERTISEMENT

Went back and watch the RepMo win over WC

Veer2Eternity

Apr 17, 2005
WC better get a handle on their discipline both on the field and the sideline.
Crying about not getting calls isn't working.

im talking more about the behavior toward the opponent sideline and then at the end of the game.
Oof!
Regardless that was quite an entertaining game.

I'm not sure I've ever heard such lingering outrage from Webb fans as what they have towards Republic as a result of that game. Will be interesting to see how next year's meeting goes. I could see this rivalry getting particularly nasty if Repmo continues to challenge Webb City.

I'm not sure I've ever heard such lingering outrage from Webb fans as what they have towards Republic as a result of that game. Will be interesting to see how next year's meeting goes. I could see this rivalry getting particularly nasty if Repmo continues to challenge Webb City.
Heaven forbid if someone challenges the almighty WC..!

appreciate the youtube link
can someone talk about what each team returns and their outlook?

In hindsight I did see some immediate correction on the one player as he went to sideline so that's a plus.

WC had better kids and just got beat. That's gotta burn them.

In hindsight I did see some immediate correction on the one player as he went to sideline so that's a plus.

Republic just did what they did real well. everyone in the COC better be practicing covering onside kicks this summer :)

appreciate the youtube link
can someone talk about what each team returns and their outlook?
There are certainly others who know more than me but here is what I know -

Webb City loses some good seniors - but their contributions have been hit and miss bc of injury, so how much that will hurt I'm not sure. They will have that #3 kid who will be a nightmare for the COC the next few years. The incoming freshmen struggled as a team but I am told there is a boatload of talent there that will add in some depth to the other grades. Overall I am hearing that numbers are through the roof to the point they are trying to "cull the herd" however they can. I think they will be good. May not win the COC or a state championship but at the same time I wouldn't rule either out.

Republic was a very senior heavy team so I don't know what they will look like next year other than their feeder teams have done very well. I'm not sure if there are any Repmo guys on this board but I'd be curious to know who will be stepping up and what they bring to the table. They have a tough act to follow.

Elsewhere I think all the usual suspects will be in the hunt next year except Joplin but you never know. They had low expectations a few years back with a new group of underclassmen and that turned out to be one of their best teams ever. Carthage isn't losing much, if they can gain some size and speed and play a little cleaner, not leave so many points on the field with penalties and turnovers they could be legit. And of course there are some new comers to the league that will put up a fight as well.

Reactions: Stimie69er

It was a close game. Webb City had the talent to compete and win that game.

To me the difference was that Repmo was a bit more experienced and disciplined. In a tight game that can be the difference.

It was a close game. Webb City had the talent to compete and win that game.

To me the difference was that Repmo was a bit more experienced and disciplined. In a tight game that can be the difference.
I was at the game, for me Webb City seemed to get out coached. Repmo doesn't do a lot, they just do what they do very well, they basically out Webbed the Webbies.

Reactions: Arcola
I was at the game, for me Webb City seemed to get out coached. Repmo doesn't do a lot, they just do what they do very well, they basically out Webbed the Webbies.

They had a great game plan and they executed it exactly as they needed to in order to win the game, but the call that I thought was a masterpiece was late in the game. Republic ran their freeze with the back in motion, like every flexbone team does, a few times in the game. I had noticed that Webb's perimeter defenders didn't really honor the slot's motion when he just kind of continued it toward the sideline before resetting back in his spot. Coach Cornelson obviously noticed too because on that play late in the game, they threw it to that virtually uncovered back for the TD.

Reactions: bullitpdq68
They had a great game plan and they executed it exactly as they needed to in order to win the game, but the call that I thought was a masterpiece was late in the game. Republic ran their freeze with the back in motion, like every flexbone team does, a few times in the game. I had noticed that Webb's perimeter defenders didn't really honor the slot's motion when he just kind of continued it toward the sideline before resetting back in his spot. Coach Cornelson obviously noticed too because on that play late in the game, they threw it to that virtually uncovered back for the TD.
Yeah but Repmo doesn't run a typical flex, In the games I watched I don't think I ever saw read option everything looked like it was called.

Heaven forbid if someone challenges the almighty WC..!
Louisville Cardinals Football GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Reactions: HomeyR
I watched just about every Republic home game and their coach is really, really good. Maybe the most well coached high school football team I've ever seen. Republic was nothing fancy but they knew their strengths and they stuck with those

Reactions: bullitpdq68
Can anyone confirm the news on Gabe? My son was going to text him but didn't want to if he did tear his ACL!

There are certainly others who know more than me but here is what I know -

Webb City loses some good seniors - but their contributions have been hit and miss bc of injury, so how much that will hurt I'm not sure. They will have that #3 kid who will be a nightmare for the COC the next few years. The incoming freshmen struggled as a team but I am told there is a boatload of talent there that will add in some depth to the other grades. Overall I am hearing that numbers are through the roof to the point they are trying to "cull the herd" however they can. I think they will be good. May not win the COC or a state championship but at the same time I wouldn't rule either out.

Republic was a very senior heavy team so I don't know what they will look like next year other than their feeder teams have done very well. I'm not sure if there are any Repmo guys on this board but I'd be curious to know who will be stepping up and what they bring to the table. They have a tough act to follow.

Elsewhere I think all the usual suspects will be in the hunt next year except Joplin but you never know. They had low expectations a few years back with a new group of underclassmen and that turned out to be one of their best teams ever. Carthage isn't losing much, if they can gain some size and speed and play a little cleaner, not leave so many points on the field with penalties and turnovers they could be legit. And of course there are some new comers to the league that will put up a fight as well.
I think they start the year 0-3 next fall! Schedule is tough and if Gabe is out, not a good combo!

I heard Gabe got hurt during basketball but I didn't hear what the injury was. Is it really his knee?

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the news on Gabe? My son was going to text him but didn't want to if he did tear his ACL!
I cannot confirm what the injury was but from what I heard on Friday it did not sound like it was anything with a long term implication like a torn acl.

That would be some bad luck for cardinal fans to have key players sitting the bench for the 3rd year in a row.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
from what I’ve heard is, it doesn’t sound ok and the news is not good. He’s a good athlete and good kid and I hope he gets better news soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT