ADVERTISEMENT

Update: ***Nwaneri to Mizzou****2024 KC Metro - Missouri Side Recruiting Class Status

Watching MIzzou in those days of the 1970s and 80s was akin to watching the St. Louis Cardinals football club. A glimmer of a chance for a big win, only to come to the reality at the end of the game that the Cards do in fact, suck.
They should never have let Don Coryell get away. That is a long way back can look it up later but don't exactly remember why he left for San Diego.

Reactions: HomeyR and mosofan
Watching MIzzou in those days of the 1970s and 80s was akin to watching the St. Louis Cardinals football club. A glimmer of a chance for a big win, only to come to the reality at the end of the game that the Cards do in fact, suck.

In 1976 Mizzou won road games at USC, Ohio St and Nebraska. I doubt many teams have ever done that. Of course, they also lost to mediocre Illinois, Iowa St and ku teams in Columbia. That was a crazy rollercoaster of a season.

They should never have let Don Coryell get away. That is a long way back can look it up later but don't exactly remember why he left for San Diego.

The past 40 years of Missouri football:

16 winning seasons
24 losing seasons

Just drink your beer, study hard, avoid the leftist indoctrination, and graduate. But don't worry too much about poor old mediocre Mizzou football.

Many college football fans in the area are much more concerned with NWMo State, UCM, Washburn and Missouri Western or Pitt State.

Reactions: Rawlathaballa90
The past 40 years of Missouri football:

16 winning seasons
24 losing seasons

Just drink your beer, study hard, avoid the leftist indoctrination, and graduate. But don't worry too much about poor old mediocre Mizzou football.

Many college football fans in the area are much more concerned with NWMo State, UCM, Washburn and Missouri Western or Pitt State.
For the record I am an OU guy who loved and still misses the Big 8!

For the record I am an OU guy who loved and still misses the Big 8!

Missouri has had its days. That Nebraska "Kick into the Endzone" game was devastating.. I saw the end of that one at Harpos. A guy screamed and took off his Mizzou shirt and threw it. I think he was drunk. The 5th down game--horrendous. Heard it on the radio as it happened. There might have been some things broken around the place on that one.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Confirmed. Mike Lane is at Lee's Summit North... Tonka to Park HIll South to LS North
Lees Summit North and Liberty North have had more impact players transfer into their program in recent years than any private school.

Not sure it’s even close.

Lees Summit North and Liberty North have had more impact players transfer into their program in recent years than any private school.

Not sure it’s even close.

"Whachu talkin' bout WILLIS?" Before you pop off about transfers...from the latest class of guys going to college from Liberty North, everyone one of these guys went through grade school, middle school and high school in Liberty... where's all these phantom transfers of which thou forked tongue speaketh?

Blake Craig (Mizzou),
Javon Smith (West Point)
Sam Van Dyne (Washburn),
Calen Presser (Arkansas State),
Branden Miller (UCM),
Kaden Durso (UCM),
Eric Henkel (UCM),
Xavier Horn (NWSU) and
Bernard Sosoatu (Missouri Valley.)

NO TRANSFERS BRO...not a one from this class.

More Bullship defenders of private clubs.

Not sure about Liberty North but LSN definitely has several. I'm not a private defender but if LSN was private there would have been some ruckus raised for sure. There were also a lot of Lincoln Prep studs that dispersed throughout the metro after Lowe left.

Not sure about Liberty North but LSN definitely has several. I'm not a private defender but if LSN was private there would have been some ruckus raised for sure. There were also a lot of Lincoln Prep studs that dispersed throughout the metro after Lowe left.

Liberty North - the impact of transfers is minimal. They have Jacorey from Center. That's it. Every from last year, as listed above was Native Liberty.

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, it has been a good couple of years for Liberty North since 2020:

Baseball: State Champs in 22 and 23.
Cross Country - Boys State 4th in 2020, 3rd 2021, and State Champs in 2022
Football: State Runner-up in 2021, Semis in 2022
Girls Golf: State 3rd in 20 , 2nd in 21 and 3rd in 22
Girls Soccer: 2nd in 2022, State Champs in 2023
Boys Track: State 3rd in 22 and 2nd in 23
Volleyball: State champs 2020, 3rd in 2022.

Now that you mention it, it has been a good couple of years for Liberty North since 2020:

Baseball: State Champs in 22 and 23.
Cross Country - Boys State 4th in 2020, 3rd 2021, and State Champs in 2022
Football: State Runner-up in 2021, Semis in 2022
Girls Golf: State 3rd in 20 , 2nd in 21 and 3rd in 22
Girls Soccer: 2nd in 2022, State Champs in 2023
Boys Track: State 3rd in 22 and 2nd in 23
Volleyball: State champs 2020, 3rd in 2022.
For those not from KC, Liberty North is tucked away up on the far north side of KC. It would be tough for them to recruit much being so far north in the city. Their success across the board has been very impressive.
LSN has easy access to the inner city, eastern Jackson County and Johnson County. I always wondered if Fort could recruit based on past success, but it is a long way out there for most of the metro.

For those not from KC, Liberty North is tucked away up on the far north side of KC. It would be tough for them to recruit much being so far north in the city. Their success across the board has been very impressive.
LSN has easy access to the inner city, eastern Jackson County and Johnson County. I always wondered if Fort could recruit based on past success, but it is a long way out there for most of the metro.
The other factor is you have Kearney, Smithville and Staley all of whom have strong success in FB right on their doorstep.

The other factor is you have Kearney, Smithville and Staley all of whom have strong success in FB right on their doorstep.

Affordable housing does not help Smithville or Kearney in recruiting. It does not exist for the most part for a would-be recruit. The per household is about 32% higher in those towns than Liberty, which is equal to Johnson County, KS. Staley has some apartments that work out just fine - see Buffalo QB from the past decade that moved there. Liberty has a lot of options, but you have to watch the map closely or you could wind up in Blue Jay territory.

Last edited:
Affordable housing does not help Smithville or Kearney in recruiting. It does not exist for the most part for a would-be recruit. The per household is about 32% higher in those towns than Liberty, which is equal to Johnson County, KS. Staley has some apartments that work out just fine - see Buffalo QB from the past decade that moved there. Liberty has a lot of options, but you have to watch the map closely or you could wind up in Blue Jay territory.
I lived in JoCo KS for over a decade. Taxes there were LOWER than back in the ole hometown, JN, and it appears the city is asking for another property tax hike next month.

Back to HSFB how long until Liberty South becomes a reality?

I lived in JoCo KS for over a decade. Taxes there were LOWER than back in the ole hometown, JN, and it appears the city is asking for another property tax hike next month.

Back to HSFB how long until Liberty South becomes a reality?

The school district had the funding and owns the land. They need the property taxes to hit a certain level and the pull from the voters to get that in motion. Mascot? Liberty South Cardinals?

I believe Platte County is building another school just north of 152 west of I-29 and east of 69, off of Platte Purchase across from the new soccer fields. Not sure if it's an elementary/middle or high school.

I believe Platte County is building another school just north of 152 west of I-29 and east of 69, off of Platte Purchase across from the new soccer fields. Not sure if it's an elementary/middle or high school.
My cousins attended Platte County but live(d) in Barry Heights so this would be a fit. Weirdest school district boundaries in the KC metro without a doubt, something we all discussed here many moons ago.

My cousins attended Platte County but live(d) in Barry Heights so this would be a fit. Weirdest school district boundaries in the KC metro without a doubt, something we all discussed here many moons ago.
You can live in the Ethan's Apartments South of 152 and Barry Road, an attend Platte County. That is some weirdness there. Oak Park = 3 miles away. PC = 14 miles away. That MAKES SENSE>

You can live in the Ethan's Apartments South of 152 and Barry Road, an attend Platte County. That is some weirdness there. Oak Park = 3 miles away. PC = 14 miles away. That MAKES SENSE>
I know the background on this at least from a long ago perspective: My Grandmother told me, circa 1976, the Barry Heights neighborhood association voted, petitioned for and was granted admission to the Platte County school district because they did not want their kids going to either North Kansas City or Park Hill school districts.

I know the background on this at least from a long ago perspective: My Grandmother told me, circa 1976, the Barry Heights neighborhood association voted, petitioned for and was granted admission to the Platte County school district because they did not want their kids going to either North Kansas City or Park Hill school districts.
Nothing against PCSD but I'm thinking todays residents in those areas would happily switch to the PH and NKC districts.

Nothing against PCSD but I'm thinking todays residents in those areas would happily switch to the PH and NKC districts.
Times have changed indeed! Back in the 70s it was all about kids smoking the funny stuff. Heck my Freshman year at KTown you could smell it in the bathrooms!

If anything, for the driving distance. The one that always got me in the Northland, were people that lived in Pleasant Valley and North of there, that had kids that went to WInnetonka. Although, they only live like 1.5 miles from Liberty high school. Nope, driving 15 miles to Tonka.

JayShawn Ross was at St Pius X pretty recently.

Horn attended another high school in his career

I’d make a list if I cared, but theyve had more impact guys transfer into the program than most high school teams in Missouri.

You would think Ross and Smith alone — two Power5 recruits —— would make that point.

How many other Missouri High Schools have had two Power5 kids transfer into their program in the last two years??

Last edited:
JayShawn Ross was at St Pius X pretty recently.

Horn attended another high school in his career

I’d make a list if I cared, but theyve had more impact guys transfer into the program than most high school teams in Missouri.

You would think Ross and Smith alone — two Power5 recruits —— would make that point.

How many other Missouri High Schools have had two Power5 kids transfer into their program in the last two years??

Is it really transferring when you live in a public district and suddenly decide you don't want to pay $10,000 in tuition for a private school anymore? You don't move locations - just stop paying the tuition and go public?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT