ADVERTISEMENT

Union members for Trump

Their go-to is he isn't president anymore.
Do they think Matt Gaetz is leading the house into a first-time-ever disaster on his own and not taking orders from Trump?
They don't want to listen to facts that disprove what they want to be happening.
"We don't know for 10 years the effects of vaccines on the military and medical fields."
No one is saying that.
Barely 25% of high school graduates meet the physical and mental requirements necessary to enter the military.
It won't be because we are raising a bunch of soft young people.
For them, something bad is happening so it's Biden's fault.
“no one is sayin it” is far from the truth. Any search, that doesn’t filter and censor results, of the affect of vaccine mandates on military readiness will bring up numerous articles talking about the issues. Servicemen lost their jobs, reducing the number of people available for action which shouldn’t be hard to realize can hurt readiness when there is a shortage of available talent. It is also true that we won’t know the real effects of mRNA gene therapy for years. It could end up being extremely beneficial and it could end up being the cause of a lot of issues. Anyone who says they know is a fool. We have no way of knowing the long term effects of an experimental procedure that didn’t undergo years of testing. It could go either way and I’m not claiming to know it is the opposite. We won’t know for at least 10 years what the affect will be because nobody can predict the future.

You can’t read peoples minds or thoughts and don’t know what Gaetz is thinking other than what he told us and if McCarthy made a deal he isn’t following through with he should lose his spot. I can’t disagree with that and if we held all our politicians to that standard we would be in a lot better place as a county.

Barely 25 percent of the country being army ready is a fancy use of stats. They didn’t even care how old you were until 1946. That has evolved to today where in 2021 they introduced The Army Combat Fitness Test. My argument is by introducing mandates the available 25 percent is reduced. Not a hard concept to realize if people think they will be forced to take an experimental therapy they might reconsider when they are able to make the grade.

Kennedy? Bahahahahaha
He is a lunatic

Your talking point that “other family members denounced him” is just parroting the main stream. They don’t even mention what family member until toward the end of the article and it’s two family members who aren’t relevant. I’m sure you don’t have anyone in your family who would speak badly of you because you are very understanding and empathetic, but I’m sure you could imagine a scenario where a high profile person becomes a target in order to virtue signal to their own team how much a team player they are. Bobby K is bucking the party so he’s going to be attacked. You posted the article with the “laundry list” of Kennedy’s crazy statements. Everyone who understand propaganda knows the laundry list is a form of persuasion where no single argument is strong or correct so they throw the whole list so people can’t do anything but assume that they must be right. Taking time a digging a little deeper will show that most statements are out of context or were statements he said in the past and has now changed his opinion and he is a proponent of more testing before making decisions or forcing mandates. It’s not hard to see why people would go after him when he’s not playing ball and is trying to bring some of the corruption to light.

If you guys want to support mandates and business as usual then it makes sense. It’s easier to virtue signal than get canceled. It’s always easier to just be quiet and let the loudest people make the decisions. It’s easy to hide away or only agree with the mainstream opinion and mainstream news that all echo the same talking points while the opposition is silenced on social media or again canceled for an opposing view. You can all continue to try and team up on anyone and make fun of opposing views but it only shows you aren’t as confident as you’d like to act.

If you lose a job because you refuse to get a vaccination to protect your co-workers you have no one to blame but yourself. It’s stubborn idiocy. If you are so selfish you won’t sacrifice that for your country, then your patriotism is a fraud.

No one is saying was a stretch, but it was nowhere to be found in the first 20 or so links that got pulled up.
Filtering and censoring? There is always a conspiracy somewhere.

Reactions: HomeyR
You can’t read peoples minds or thoughts and don’t know what Gaetz is thinking other than what he told us and if McCarthy made a deal he isn’t following through with he should lose his spot. I can’t disagree with that and if we held all our politicians to that standard we would be in a lot better place as a county.
I don't have to read minds.
In his own words.

Did you ever think there would be a day in your life that the “tough guy” GOP would favor Putin in his invasion of a neighboring country? It’s just mind boggling. The power of the cult.

I am in favor of providing aid to Ukraine. I have a big problem with our allies not shouldering their fair share of financially, and a bigger problem with the stories coming out about the misappropriation, fraud, and outright theft by corrupt Ukrainian politicians and military leaders.

I don't know Putin's intentions beyond Ukraine. Maybe he will stop at the bread basket that is Ukraine. Maybe his intentions are to restore the USSR. He has time on his side, esp knowing that Reps are losing interest in supplying aid to Ukraine. Either would make Putin stronger but does that make Russia a threat to the US?

I don't know Putin's intentions beyond Ukraine. Maybe he will stop at the bread basket that is Ukraine. Maybe his intentions are to restore the USSR. He has time on his side, esp knowing that Reps are losing interest in supplying aid to Ukraine. Either would make Putin stronger but does that make Russia a threat to the US?
Poland... and then ? He wants to restore the Soviet Union.

Our politicians are saying Poland will be next. How do we know that for sure? Poland wasn't a part of the USSR.

Our politicians are saying Poland will be next. How do we know that for sure? Poland wasn't a part of the USSR.
Putin said his goal was to restore the Soviet Union, he just thought it would be a lot easier to do when he said it. I doubt if he goes after any NATO countries, he knows the backlash would be far greater than messing with Ukraine.

Both the Dems and the Pubs have done good, but they both have also done some stupid stuff...why because neither want to be seen as supporting the other side.

Kevin McCarthy tried for once in his life to be the adult in the room and adverted a shut down, the only way to do that was to work with the Dems it cost him the gavel.

We have a boarder crises that both parties at one point have dropped the ball. Neither have really passed any meaningful legislation to help curb those seeking asylum.

We have a huge gap in the working mans pay and those few at the top. I don't know what you do to fix it, but its coming to a head you can see now in the strikes and people are feed up with it. GM top brass making millions while those working the line could never afford the cars they make is wrong. But again neither party has really done anything to fix it talking points aside.

Public education has suffered for decades this just didn't happen under a Republican or Democrat president it has been going on for years and neither side has done much to fix it. First both parties need to get the hell out of the classroom and stop telling teachers what they can teach, they are all so scared about saying anything they say nothing at all.

I could go on, but again we the parties need to start working more together compromise some and be less tribal or this great country is going to fall apart.

Public education has suffered for decades this just didn't happen under a Republican or Democrat president it has been going on for years and neither side has done much to fix it. First both parties need to get the hell out of the classroom and stop telling teachers what they can teach, they are all so scared about saying anything they say nothing at all.
As a retired teacher, I take exception to your commonly held opinion that our public school system is failing. The vast majority of high schools in MO provide a quality education. The schools that are failing are city schools and rural schools in low income area. Take a look at the schools reporting the lowest test scores, and then take a look at those same schools attendance rates and poverty level, and there within lies the core of the problem. Some STL city public schools have 40% to 50% daily absentee rates. You can't teach them if they aren't there. Parents should be held accountable.

I agree many of our city schools are failing, just as their neighborhoods are failing with drugs, gangs, violence, guns, poverty, and teenagers with no adult supervision.

I taught at a small town rural school that consistently ranked in the Top 10% in MO for overall school performance. Our students submit a post HS survey on their HS experience, and consistently report being very well prepared for college. I can assure you that all of the schools in our area are providing a good education. I think the same could be said for most rural schools across MO except in the poorest rural areas. It is grossly unfair and inaccurate to include all schools in the statement about "our failing public school system." People in our area are very proud of our schools.

As a fellow teacher always said, "It's not an educational problem, it's a societal problem."

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
As a retired teacher, I take exception to your commonly held opinion that our public school system is failing. The vast majority of high schools in MO provide a quality education. The schools that are failing are city schools and rural schools in low income area. Take a look at the schools reporting the lowest test scores, and then take a look at those same schools attendance rates and poverty level, and there within lies the core of the problem. Some STL city public schools have 40% to 50% daily absentee rates. You can't teach them if they aren't there. Parents should be held accountable.

I agree many of our city schools are failing, just as their neighborhoods are failing with drugs, gangs, violence, guns, poverty, and teenagers with no adult supervision.

I taught at a small town rural school that consistently ranked in the Top 10% in MO for overall school performance. Our students submit a post HS survey on their HS experience, and consistently report being very well prepared for college. I can assure you that all of the schools in our area are providing a good education. I think the same could be said for most rural schools across MO except in the poorest rural areas. It is grossly unfair and inaccurate to include all schools in the statement about "our failing public school system." People in our area are very proud of our schools.

As a fellow teacher always said, "It's not an educational problem, it's a societal problem."
Tell us about your district’s finances. Well-funded? High teacher salaries? Reasonable classroom sizes?

Very well funded. Reasonable class sizes. Good teacher pay. And a very high performing school. Great district to work in.

Yes, and I can't understate the importance of having some industry in the county, and community support by passing bond issues.

I firmly believe that one of the main reasons for poor academic achievement starts at home with lack of parental involvement, supervision, guidance, and academic expectations of their child. I never hear politicians or people bashing our schools place any blame on poor parenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toots_mcgee

Well both my parents are retired teachers two of my kids are current teachers. I base that assumption on what they tell me. I also have many friends that are teachers and they all say the same thing politicians getting involved in education forcing their beliefs is making it harder to just teach the basic and driving teachers out of the classroom.

Well both my parents are retired teachers two of my kids are current teachers. I base that assumption on what they tell me. I also have many friends that are teachers and they all say the same thing politicians getting involved in education forcing their beliefs is making it harder to just teach the basic and driving teachers out of the classroom.
That's not the system failing.

that's big mouth GOPers needing to stay in their lane.

Yes, and I can't understate the importance of having some industry in the county, and community support by passing bond issues.

I firmly believe that one of the main reasons for poor academic achievement starts at home with lack of parental involvement, supervision, guidance, and academic expectations of their child. I never hear politicians or people bashing our schools place any blame on poor parenting.
Its because the politicians are too busy bashing the education system and the teachers and the education platforms, they want their beliefs and ideology taught in the classroom, and it comes in some form or another from both sides contrary to what the Duck wants to believe. Because both parties want to tell teachers what to teach and how to teach, they do that when most if not all have never been in a classroom themselves. They are ignoring the real experts who keep saying we are going down the wrong paths of teaching to test. . They are the ones that are listening to the Mommy and daddies on how teachers should be teaching their precious little angles.

Many good teachers are leaving the classrooms for good because both sides push their agendas instead of focusing on just letting teachers do what they do best and that is just teach their subject matter.

That's not the system failing.

that's big mouth GOPers needing to stay in their lane.
It's not just the GOPers, I agree they have some weird things but lets not forget the Libs keep pushing teachers on the non gender thing, how hard is it now for a PE teacher today... when you have to wade out into that.

Let the teachers just teach what they know best We keep asking them to wade out into all these things that politicians want them too when all they want todo is teach.

Now he has fully endorsed the guy that chased Hilary over Benghazi for months and months and never came up with anything she did wrong.
This evening I've seen that Trump was sharing nuclear sub secrets with a gazillionaire Aussie dude. He used that kind of Top Secret imformation to show off that HE had access to it. He also spouted off about a plan to attack Iran if needed. Anybody that thinks that guy should ever set foot in the WH again needs to wake up!

Your talking point that “other family members denounced him” is just parroting the main stream. They don’t even mention what family member until toward the end of the article and it’s two family members who aren’t relevant. I’m sure you don’t have anyone in your family who would speak badly of you because you are very understanding and empathetic, but I’m sure you could imagine a scenario where a high profile person becomes a target in order to virtue signal to their own team how much a team player they are. Bobby K is bucking the party so he’s going to be attacked. You posted the article with the “laundry list” of Kennedy’s crazy statements. Everyone who understand propaganda knows the laundry list is a form of persuasion where no single argument is strong or correct so they throw the whole list so people can’t do anything but assume that they must be right. Taking time a digging a little deeper will show that most statements are out of context or were statements he said in the past and has now changed his opinion and he is a proponent of more testing before making decisions or forcing mandates. It’s not hard to see why people would go after him when he’s not playing ball and is trying to bring some of the corruption to light.

If you guys want to support mandates and business as usual then it makes sense. It’s easier to virtue signal than get canceled. It’s always easier to just be quiet and let the loudest people make the decisions. It’s easy to hide away or only agree with the mainstream opinion and mainstream news that all echo the same talking points while the opposition is silenced on social media or again canceled for an opposing view. You can all continue to try and team up on anyone and make fun of opposing views but it only shows you aren’t as confident as you’d like to act.

They can’t denounce him if they are dead! My statement remains true. The story could also read 4/8 remaining siblings who are still alive and the most progressive of the family, virtue signal to friends, while taking shot at brother, bringing sibling rivalry into the news, so someone would talk about them and not their brother who they are, and always have been, jealous of.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
They can’t denounce him if they are dead! My statement remains true. The story could also read 4/8 remaining siblings who are still alive and the most progressive of the family, virtue signal to friends, while taking shot at brother, bringing sibling rivalry into the news, so someone would talk about them and not their brother who they are, and always have been, jealous of.
That position truly makes no sense. They also can't support him. 50% have denounced him and the others have not said anything. Alternative facts do not make your statement true.

you mad.

GOP's only shot at beating biden is having a kennedy split the vote.

Think on that.

... I would be the first to say it but he was more focused on appointing all the judges Obama neglected to appoint (not the Supreme Court ones) and that could be argued is more powerful than an bill that can be repealed very easily with executive order.

Good God, the amount of fallacious and specious logic as well as intellectual laziness (or worse, dishonesty) is staggering. It took roughly 4 seconds to find this and a couple minutes to read it: https://www.politifact.com/factchec...heck-why-barack-obama-failed-fill-over-100-j/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT