ADVERTISEMENT

The power of fake news

Fox and Facebook: what can you say.

200w.gif

Fox and Facebook: what can you say.

Sure you can look at it with that spin but you left some glaring pieces out of that article. Most notably is that 49 percent of democrats also feel like the US is in a recession. How do you explain that? I think we can call that half and round it one percent. Half of all dems and over half of pubs and Indy’s believe it to. Are all those people on both sides really that dumb or are they just describing how it feels in their life and it feels like a recession because they aren’t making more money and inflation is still at 3 percent over the previous month. Nobody cares it’s down from 9 percent. Prices are still going up and people are feeling it in their lives. The media can say whatever they want but people are just believing everything g shoved down their throat like you who continues to just lap it up.

Wages are going up relatively the same percentage. Americans don't pay as much attention to their wages going up as they do to prices going up.

• Haha
Reactions: 65TPT and HomeyR
Sure you can look at it with that spin but you left some glaring pieces out of that article. Most notably is that 49 percent of democrats also feel like the US is in a recession. How do you explain that? I think we can call that half and round it one percent. Half of all dems and over half of pubs and Indy’s believe it to. Are all those people on both sides really that dumb or are they just describing how it feels in their life and it feels like a recession because they aren’t making more money and inflation is still at 3 percent over the previous month. Nobody cares it’s down from 9 percent. Prices are still going up and people are feeling it in their lives. The media can say whatever they want but people are just believing everything g shoved down their throat like you who continues to just lap it up.

Easily explainable. Normal folks don't have much of a grasp on economics. Wages for most have been stagnant since the 70s. And they still haven't caught up with the inflation that happened in the recent past. I'm not sure how that can't be blamed on employers, given the record profits many have experienced.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereks...y-americans-feel-like-we-are/?sh=a514e2758e05

Pretty sure all those groups you mentioned are on social media, bruh. Nice try though.

You have to be completely out of touch to think the stock market is down and unemployment is up right now. It’s the Fake news. Has nothing to do with the price of Milk or TP.

Last edited:
Pretty sure all those groups you mentioned are on social media, bruh. Nice try though.

You have to be completely out of touch to think the stock market is down and unemployment is up right now. It’s the Fake news. Has nothing to do with the price of Milk or TP.
I was simply attempting to explain how half of all democrats and over half of all independents and republicans could think we were in a recession. I was using something known as empathy to explain why people might feel the way they do even though the numbers presented to them by the very trustworthy government and media is different than how they feel. The general population hasn’t been misled about anything recently so they should be very trusting of all information in polls, from the news and government. You can call them uneducated and say someone has to be completely out of touch to think that but you don’t know the lives these folks are living and it is just easier to dismiss them as dumb and out of touch than try to figure out why they feel they way they do. It’s much more likely that we are in a Brave New World situation where people are inundated with so much fake news from all sides they don’t know who to believe and are instead making their decision based upon how they feel instead of these very trusted sources of information. Seems like you are the one who is out of touch since it’s so hard for you to understand how someone could feel that way when they are struggling and you aren’t.

Easily explainable. Normal folks don't have much of a grasp on economics. Wages for most have been stagnant since the 70s. And they still haven't caught up with the inflation that happened in the recent past. I'm not sure how that can't be blamed on employers, given the record profits many have experienced.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereks...y-americans-feel-like-we-are/?sh=a514e2758e05

My point exactly, record profits but wages aren’t increasing and inflationary policies are helping drive the stock market up (most likely artificially) and a correction is coming.

Reactions: 65TPT
Also, those sources can hardly be categorized as liberal.
Never said the sources were liberal and wasn’t trying to claim that information is not coming from liberal outlets. They are all fed their information by the AP or other entities. All the media is corrupt and owned by pharma or controlled by the multitude of agencies or both.

200w.gif

Wages are going up relatively the same percentage. Americans don't pay as much attention to their wages going up as they do to prices going up.
You really believe wages are going up with the rate of inflation? Please show me that data.

Damn it we want to blame Joe Biden for something!!!

Kroger's profit was up 35.6% from '22 to '23. Publix was up 49% from '22 to '23. Let’s vote for a Putin lovin felon because of corporate greedflation!!!!!!!

I guess where they got that information is different than good ol Mid Missouri. State workers got an 8% wage increase last year. This year 3%. I'm not in education, but what did they get? My wife works for what used to be Capital Region before they were bought out by MU and they got 3% last year. I mow grass part time, the mower I bought last year went up 50% compared to the same mower in 2021. My car insurance went up 50% in the last year! Homeowner insurance went up nearly 25%. You must not buy groceries for your family, because I know that is way over the 5% that that chart is showing. That is if I'm reading it correctly. Fast food and sit down restaurants are well over that, most going up over 20% in the last year, at least in my area that is.

I know of very few people who have held the same position and their wages have increased more than inflation.

I guess where they got that information is different than good ol Mid Missouri. State workers got an 8% wage increase last year. This year 3%. I'm not in education, but what did they get? My wife works for what used to be Capital Region before they were bought out by MU and they got 3% last year. I mow grass part time, the mower I bought last year went up 50% compared to the same mower in 2021. My car insurance went up 50% in the last year! Homeowner insurance went up nearly 25%. You must not buy groceries for your family, because I know that is way over the 5% that that chart is showing. That is if I'm reading it correctly. Fast food and sit down restaurants are well over that, most going up over 20% in the last year, at least in my area that is.

I know of very few people who have held the same position and their wages have increased more than inflation.
KMOX guys were talking yesterday or the day before, basically saying the "American dream" of home ownership, etc is essentially dead and probably not coming back. I really don't understand how everywhere you go they are short staffed and prices are at a record high, mortgage rates way up, etc how the heck people are affording to live.

Reactions: 65TPT
I don't know about insurance policies, mine didn't go up nearly that much.
I know groceries are higher. I can't defend that, but I am just saying that those are what the numbers say.

1. You need to get bids for your homeowners and auto insurance every year. With homeowners insurance, they low ball you to sign you up then jack up the price every year (other than during Covid). My bro in law worked for shelter and that was their pricing strategy. They counted on you being lazy and not shopping around and accepting their increases.

2. Never buy a new car. You will save a fortune in your life on the cars themselves and insurance by driving older cars.

3. Stop making convenience purchases.

4. Stop eating so much red meat and sugar.

5. Pay off your credit card bill 100% every month and NEVER pay interest to a CC company.

You do those five things and it will make your life easier.

I don't know about insurance policies, mine didn't go up nearly that much.
I know groceries are higher. I can't defend that, but I am just saying that those are what the numbers say.
I don't completely understand all the data, but is inflation calculated monthly? Most workplaces, or at least ones I have been employed by, only give raises once a year. Is that chart showing that in June 2022 inflation was 9.1%, but in July is was 8.5%. Was that compounded essentially on top of the 9.1%? If that is the case then it would make a lot more sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT