ADVERTISEMENT

Super duper Tuesday

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
There was early voting, mail-in voting and no recounts of Super Tuesday results.

Trump has not however questioned them, challenged them in court or pushed his followers to doubt them.

Mike Kehoe is running attack ads about Jay Ashcroft allowing mail in and absentee votes to count and saying that the election in 2020 was secure in Missouri, Kehoe claims there was fraud, so does that mean that maybe Trump did not win Missouri back in 2020? I really don't get the ad?

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
Mike Kehoe is running attack ads about Jay Ashcroft allowing mail in and absentee votes to count and saying that the election in 2020 was secure in Missouri, Kehoe claims there was fraud, so does that mean that maybe Trump did not win Missouri back in 2020? I really don't get the ad?
yes it weird all the GOPers that won in 2020 don't claim their elections were fraudulent.

it's almost like they count on their voters to be non-thinkers.

Stop trying to force these folks to have logical consistency. It. Will. Not. Happen.
Only a left wing , liberal idiot would be stupid enough to complain when he won.

But to your point, there should be no early or mail in voting allowed period unless you are in the US military and deployed overseas. Its called Election Day for a reason.

Reactions: Arcola and pgapro29
Only a left wing , liberal idiot would be stupid enough to complain when he won.

But to your point, there should be no early or mail in voting allowed period unless you are in the US military and deployed overseas. Its called Election Day for a reason.
to be fair, the loser had millions spent and wasted a lot of court time for nothing.

Didn't find one instance that hurt him.

Trumps problem is he's trump.

Worst president in US history.

Must be nice to have a job that lets you stand in line for hours to vote.

So, by the tone of this, you would be for making Election Day a national holiday then?

Also, your general diction and syntax indicates that you are in NO position to adjudicate anyone an "idiot." That word should leave your lexicon.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
you mean there are places to vote where you have to stand in line? Not that way around these parts!! *spit*
Do you mean there are places where you don't have to stand in line to vote? It's almost like we might be disenfranchising some people.

to be fair, the loser had millions spent and wasted a lot of court time for nothing.

Didn't find one instance that hurt him.

Trumps problem is he's trump.

Worst president in US history.
I really have no idea how someone can think that Biden is not worse than Trump. What positive has happened under Biden? I think its sad that we are a nation of millions of people and these are the two best candidates we have?

Reactions: pgapro29
Must be nice to have a job that lets you stand in line for hours to vote.
I am almost certain it is a law that your employer must give you 3 hours paid time off to vote unless the polls are open at least 3 hours before or after your working hours. I could be wrong.

I really have no idea how someone can think that Biden is not worse than Trump. What positive has happened under Biden? I think its sad that we are a nation of millions of people and these are the two best candidates we have?
biden hasn't shut the country down and developed the clot shot.

• Haha
Income inequality has actually improved slightly under Biden as the lowest paid 25% have seen a larger increase in income than the top 1%.

In case you forget

• Haha
There are infrastructure projects going on all over the country. Get out and see what is up thanks to Joe Biden.

My mom can afford to buy her insulin now and not have to choose between food and drugs.

Reactions: Expect2Win
There are infrastructure projects going on all over the country. Get out and see what is up thanks to Joe Biden.

My mom can afford to buy her insulin now and not have to choose between food and drugs.
Nobody's wages match inflation. Interest rates make home buying a nightmare. We have no control over illegal immigration. I'm not a Trump homer nor a Biden supporter. I just seriously do not how people can sit here and think these are the two best people to represent America. Biden is legitimately incoherent and Trump has his own problems. But to sit here and act like Biden is an amazing president is ludicrous.

Reactions: Arcola
Nobody's wages match inflation. Interest rates make home buying a nightmare. We have no control over illegal immigration. I'm not a Trump homer nor a Biden supporter. I just seriously do not how people can sit here and think these are the two best people to represent America. Biden is legitimately incoherent and Trump has his own problems. But to sit here and act like Biden is an amazing president is ludicrous.
Biden's biggest screw up was adding on to Trumps inflationary spending at the start of his admin.

He didn't give as much welfare as trump but he gave more than he should.

Without that inflation, i'm not sure trump would have any shot.

Maybe that's why he did what he did.

Biden's biggest screw up was adding on to Trumps inflationary spending at the start of his admin.

He didn't give as much welfare as trump but he gave more than he should.

Without that inflation, i'm not sure trump would have any shot.

Maybe that's why he did what he did.
Bidens in trouble when Andrea Mitchell is pushing a line doubting NBS's own poll showing Trump with a 5% nationwide lead. I dont put much stock in polls but that cant be a good sign for Old Sleepy Joe

Bidens in trouble when Andrea Mitchell is pushing a line doubting NBS's own poll showing Trump with a 5% nationwide lead. I dont put much stock in polls but that cant be a good sign for Old Sleepy Joe
polls are pretty much a shot in the dark now since nobody has land lines anymore.

Typical conservative....... If I don't have to work on the weekend no one else does.

Typical Liberal,,,,,,,,,,,dont have to make it a Holiday, why cant we vote on Saturday instead of Tuesday????

You know nothing about my political views other than the tiny bit I share on here and yet you leap to judgment with "typical liberal." I know this is hard for many to comprehend, but "conservative" and "liberal" are not the only options, like most things, they exist on a continuum. I know people want to simplify it down to those two things, but something as complex as a person's political views cannot be simplified, except in the minds of people who aren't capable of comprehending complexity.

Back on topic, though: I don't think you actually want Saturday to be Election Day. People with college degrees have a significantly lower percentage of jobs that have to work on the weekend as compared to those without college degrees. And guess who people with college degrees tend to vote for? And those without college degrees? I'm not saying you can't go vote if you work, but by and large, you tend to not want to deal with the hassle. This is just another way to disenfranchise lower-earning working people, Republican and Democratic voters alike.

Reactions: bullitpdq68
I work harder on the weekends on my little farm than I do at work all week. Hell we could vote on Labor Day !!
I would actually be fine with using an already established holiday as Election Day. This is not an issue that I care deeply about though. More of a "wouldn't it be nice if..." sort of idea.

Income inequality has actually improved slightly under Biden as the lowest paid 25% have seen a larger increase in income than the top 1%.

In case you forget

That article is from 2020. You do realize the increase in minimum wage is one of the driving factors to inflation right? Minimum wage should not be for people trying to raise a family. It should be for younger adults just starting out that are in high school and college.

I probably lean more conservative, but I believe election day should be a national holiday.
As long as employers dont have to pay people to be off of work for an entire day. We generally look the other way if an employee takes off a couple of hours to go vote but companies shouldnt be forced to foot the bill for people to vote.

I am almost certain it is a law that your employer must give you 3 hours paid time off to vote unless the polls are open at least 3 hours before or after your working hours. I could be wrong.
the law states they must give you three hours off, but nothing about paid. However what is wrong with making election day a national holiday? I see nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: 65TPT
As long as employers dont have to pay people to be off of work for an entire day. We generally look the other way if an employee takes off a couple of hours to go vote but companies shouldnt be forced to foot the bill for people to vote.

True, our economic policies and politicians don't favor corporate interests enough.

the law states they must give you three hours off, but nothing about paid. However what is wrong with making election day a national holiday? I see nothing wrong with it.
but then all the riff raff would have a chance to vote and some folks don't want that.

I have to ask how old are you? To say today's home interest rates are making home purchases a nightmare is just really crazy to me. What we saw during the pandemic was just crazy low, you won't see that again unless we see some sort of pandemic, market crash or such and I really don't want to see that. Trump had nothing todo with low housing interest rates or low gas prices, we can thank the pandemic for that.
during the 70's home interest rates ranged from 7.3-12.9
during the 80's home interest at one time reached 18.4 lowest was 9.78
During the 90's home interest rates were 6.9 to maybe 8.4
2000's you started seeing some hit 5.4 to 7.00
2010 you started seeing some in 4.5 range
it wasn't until the pandemic did we start seeing rates go as low as 2.1 which actually spurred this inflation as people rushed to build homes.
I just checked and I can get rates as low as 6.1 I can buy down to 5.9 which is not bad, my first home I purchased in the late 80's I was paying close to 9%.

Reactions: kaskaskiakid
I have to ask how old are you? To say today's home interest rates are making home purchases a nightmare is just really crazy to me. What we saw during the pandemic was just crazy low, you won't see that again unless we see some sort of pandemic, market crash or such and I really don't want to see that. Trump had nothing todo with low housing interest rates or low gas prices, we can thank the pandemic for that.
during the 70's home interest rates ranged from 7.3-12.9
during the 80's home interest at one time reached 18.4 lowest was 9.78
During the 90's home interest rates were 6.9 to maybe 8.4
2000's you started seeing some hit 5.4 to 7.00
2010 you started seeing some in 4.5 range
it wasn't until the pandemic did we start seeing rates go as low as 2.1 which actually spurred this inflation as people rushed to build homes.
I just checked and I can get rates as low as 6.1 I can buy down to 5.9 which is not bad, my first home I purchased in the late 80's I was paying close to 9%.
I'm 31. So no, I wasn't around in the 70s and 80s and definitely wasn't looking to buy a house in the 90s lol. But I have had this conversation with my parents. They built in 1982 when interest rates were 12%. They built their house for less than 80k. That includes land and all. That same house would cost almost 400k to build today and the land would be worth almost 60k. 12% interest is way less on 90k than 7% is on 400-450k. I know we will never see the 2-3% interest again, but even at 5%, you're saving $400/month compared to 7% interest. On a 30 year loan you would save over 150k. I was fortunate enough to buy a house before the pandemic, but I do feel for young adults trying to buy their first home in todays market. When I checked on rates a month or so ago they quoted me at 6.99. Maybe your local banks can quote you that low, but I haven't seen it around here.

I don't get the interest rates on a home either, mine was 6 percent(2001), and that was considered very good.(refinanced at 3.5 in 2005). people are spoiled, interest rates were too low for too long.

I don't get the interest rates on a home either, mine was 6 percent(2001), and that was considered very good.(refinanced at 3.5 in 2005). people are spoiled, interest rates were too low for too long.
Again, 6% on 175k, average home price in 2001, is way less than 7% on 380k, average home price in 2023. The average home price raised almost 100k since 2020. Nobody's wages have increased at that margin. The people that already bought a house, myself included, are not hurt by this. But you take a 25 year old kid trying to buy their first home and it's a lot harder than people who already have equity in a home.

25 year old, shouldn't be buying a 380k house. my first house was way less than the average house. its called starter homes for a reason.

25 year old, shouldn't be buying a 380k house. my first house was way less than the average house. its called starter homes for a reason.
Not saying they should. But my parents were able to build a home at 22 in 1982 equivalent to what a 400k home is today. In our area a 225k home is not a whole lot of a house. If they put 10% down, with taxes and insurance it's going to cost them $1,800/month. What was your payment on your house in 2001? And how much did the house cost?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT