ADVERTISEMENT

St. Louis (+Blair Oaks) could sweep Football Championships.

STLFTBL

Sep 14, 2001
I hope you all are ready for this, but there is a strong possibility that St. Louis could win all the Classes in football except Class 2. If I could claim Jefferson City for St. Louis I would but lets leave Class 2 to Blair Oaks. I could see an All St. Louis Final in Classes 5 ( Howell vs MICDS), Class 6 (CBC v DeSmet), along with St. Mary's and Cardinal Ritter winning their perspective classes and Duchesne winning Class 1.This success factor thing is not working, just moving teams up and down classes, still not sure how Duchesne gets to play Class 1. Now this is far from a guarantee, there are quality teams that could win in each class, but this should be great year for STLFTBL. Seriously, I think we need to split into Private and Public school championships, it sure would make it more interesting.

I hope you all are ready for this, but there is a strong possibility that St. Louis could win all the Classes in football except Class 2. If I could claim Jefferson City for St. Louis I would but lets leave Class 2 to Blair Oaks. I could see an All St. Louis Final in Classes 5 ( Howell vs MICDS), Class 6 (CBC v DeSmet), along with St. Mary's and Cardinal Ritter winning their perspective classes and Duchesne winning Class 1.This success factor thing is not working, just moving teams up and down classes, still not sure how Duchesne gets to play Class 1. Now this is far from a guarantee, there are quality teams that could win in each class, but this should be great year for STLFTBL. Seriously, I think we need to split into Private and Public school championships, it sure would make it more interesting.
giphy.gif

I think this is especially the case IN the Lou. Public schools like Kirkwood, Webster Groves and Hazelwood Central that have great traditions and historical success have all but disappeared. It seems the only discussion is which privates got the top talent year to year.

Completely, absolutely agree about eventually splitting them up but a problem could be the lack of privates outside STL. We shall, I suppose, see.

Reactions: 65TPT
I will speak for the rest of Missouri, eastern Kansas, northern Arkansas and southern Iowa on the Lou winning all classes.
A much simpler solution is private St Louis schools joining the Illinois high school athletic association.
giphy.gif

It’s crazy what happens when MSHSAA puts STL schools that are 10-15 miles apart on opposite sides of the bracket in the same class. 🤣🤣

Hard to do when you have no one in the Class 6 final. Class 5 I could see that. Class 4. St. Mary's will have to beat Smithville at Smithville. Not likely.

St. Louis can not claim Jefferson City. Nope. I speak for many. They will agree.

I would call it St. Louis recruited all star teams could win it all. I don't see any public schools coming out of St. Louis ever other than when Ladue had their run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT