ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting just got easier for……

thesnow.flakegazette

Mar 10, 2023
Webb City, Blair Oaks and Kearney. You don’t have to live at “grandma’s house” anymore.

Pending the governor signs off of coarse.
On a positive note this does force public schools to do better and gives parents the option.

the-rich-get-richer-marques-ray.gif

Webb City, Blair Oaks and Kearney. You don’t have to live at “grandma’s house” anymore.

On a positive note this does force public schools to do better and gives parents the option.

Thank goodness!!! Grandma was going to have to build a bigger place if they didn't change something soon!

This is from a couple of months ago. We have been this far before. The Senate still has to pass it, thought they were going to last year and did not.... but even so there is an athletic restriction that will keep them from playing varsity sports for 365 days if they use this option to change schools.

This is from a couple of months ago. We have been this far before. The Senate still has to pass it, thought they were going to last year and did not.... but even so there is an athletic restriction that will keep them from playing varsity sports for 365 days if they use this option to change schools.

Hasn't the House passed different versions of this multiple times over the years, and it always dies in the Senate (the Republican supermajority Senate)?

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Hasn't the House passed different versions of this multiple times over the years, and it always dies in the Senate (the Republican supermajority Senate)?
yes, they keep passing flawed bills or ones with too many additions.... the majority of conservatives are for parent choice. Last year hardly anything went through the Senate.... lot of bills just sat there....

Until the law is official...come on down. Especially if you run fast, lift a lot, and work hard. Oh, and you like playing for a program that has won 5 state titles. Winners, come on down.

• Haha
Reactions: thetophat2021
Hold up. Blair Oaks loses more kids to Helias than they ever gain. Who have they recruited that has led them to a state title? Kearney? If they did not win state this year, would they even be in this equation? Can not speak for Webb City, but they do run things the right way and people tend to migrate to winning programs. Same with Cardinal Ritter and Vashon (basketball wise). Do those schools really need to recruit? What is your defintion of recruiting?

Hold up. Blair Oaks loses more kids to Helias than they ever gain. Who have they recruited that has led them to a state title? Kearney? If they did not win state this year, would they even be in this equation? Can not speak for Webb City, but they do run things the right way and people tend to migrate to winning programs. Same with Cardinal Ritter and Vashon (basketball wise). Do those schools really need to recruit? What is your defintion of recruiting?
The snowflake will not have an answer. Not sure where they're from, but have probably never been to a town they mentioned nor do they personally know people in those towns. Just have probably been knocked out of the playoffs by one of them and has to make an excuse.

Hold up. Blair Oaks loses more kids to Helias than they ever gain. Who have they recruited that has led them to a state title? Kearney? If they did not win state this year, would they even be in this equation? Can not speak for Webb City, but they do run things the right way and people tend to migrate to winning programs. Same with Cardinal Ritter and Vashon (basketball wise). Do those schools really need to recruit? What is your definition of recruiting?
I actually don't think Webb City would participate in such a program if given the chance. They would say if you want to go to school here you need to move here.

Most football players move to Webb during elementary school but there was 1 homeless kid that ended up living at a house in Webb a few years ago who happened to be a good football player.

Most football players move to Webb during elementary school but there was 1 homeless kid that ended up living at a house in Webb a few years ago who happened to be a good football player.

Football Sport GIF by Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Kid was homeless but still had access to steaks, creatine, and weights.

For starters I don’t care. I’m all for kids being put in positions to be successful. I am pro open enrollment and private schools.

I just find the “public schools don’t recruit” and the “separate classes for public and private schools” to be a bunch of hypocritical BS.

Reactions: Vallegrad2
For starters I don’t care. I’m all for kids being put in positions to be successful. I am pro open enrollment and private schools.

I just find the “public schools don’t recruit” and the “separate classes for public and private schools” to be a bunch of hypocritical BS.
That's fine and dandy as long as you have examples. You always throw in schools that have success, but yet never provide any examples. It's not like Cardinal Ritter a couple years ago when the Boyds come from ESL. You can look back at rosters and see if there are move ins in high school. Still wouldn't necessarily prove they were recruited, but take BO for example. They have probably had 3 kids that moved in during high school in the last 5 years. One was a coaches kid and 2 were military transfers.

I'm don't live near Kearney, Webb or Lamar, but I'm sure anybody from that area could speak of the same. The only thing I do know is I have a coaching buddy that was able to visit Coach Bailey when he was at Lamar and the only thing he talked about were how hard the kids worked in the weight room. I know cliche, but that is what he said. I also was able to spend a day visiting Coach Rod years ago and it didn't take me long to figure out why him and his program were so successful.

That's fine and dandy as long as you have examples. You always throw in schools that have success, but yet never provide any examples. It's not like Cardinal Ritter a couple years ago when the Boyds come from ESL. You can look back at rosters and see if there are move ins in high school. Still wouldn't necessarily prove they were recruited, but take BO for example. They have probably had 3 kids that moved in during high school in the last 5 years. One was a coaches kid and 2 were military transfers.

I'm don't live near Kearney, Webb or Lamar, but I'm sure anybody from that area could speak of the same. The only thing I do know is I have a coaching buddy that was able to visit Coach Bailey when he was at Lamar and the only thing he talked about were how hard the kids worked in the weight room. I know cliche, but that is what he said. I also was able to spend a day visiting Coach Rod years ago and it didn't take me long to figure out why him and his program were so successful.

Well I know the military transfer’s personally and they moved from Jeff City, where dad was born a raised.

A national guard recruiter isn’t exactly a “military transfer”.

Let’s not talk about how BO was able to out recruit Helias for the southern Boone kid.

Linn didn’t like losing some of their best athletes.

Recruiting doesn’t normally happen through coaches. This has been said repeatedly on here by multiple people. Yet it repeatedly gets mentioned that coach so and so would never do on that.

I think it’s funny how people over play the move-in’s with schools like Liberty North where if you took the starters on both office and defense from the past three years there were maybe three starters out of 66 that transferred in.

Well I know the military transfer’s personally and they moved from Jeff City, where dad was born a raised.

Let’s not talk about how BO was able to out recruit Helias for the southern Boone kid.

Recruiting doesn’t normally happen through coaches. This has been said repeatedly on here by multiple people. Yet it repeatedly gets mentioned that coach so and so would never do on that.
The parents bought a house in the district. They literally live on the same street as some of my family members. If I'm not mistaken, Dapkus dad still works at SoBo. I could be wrong on that but I think he is still an assistant baseball coach. Even with living in BO school district he could still go to Helias.

What athletes from Linn moved in during high school?

The school itself is more of a "recruiting" tool than coaches or people. It's the same reason SoBo has seen so much growth. They are both really good public schools. People want their kids out of Columbia and JC and move into those districts.

The parents bought a house in the district. They literally live on the same street as some of my family members. If I'm not mistaken, Dapkus dad still works at SoBo. I could be wrong on that but I think he is still an assistant baseball coach. Even with living in BO school district he could still go to Helias.

What athletes from Linn moved in during high school?

The school itself is more of a "recruiting" tool than coaches or people. It's the same reason SoBo has seen so much growth. They are both really good public schools. People want their kids out of Columbia and JC and move into those districts.

You wanted examples I gave you them. Now you’re reaching for straws.

Again I personally don’t care. People should look at school districts like BO to send their kids. It’s run the right way. You can get on here and defend the integrity of BO all you want but I know for fact the “friends of program(s)” definitely bring in kids at the youth level from other areas and then they magically end up in the district by 9th grade. That’s how nearly every great program runs at the lower levels.

You may be blind to this but I’ve seen this in the mid mo and Stl area.

You wanted examples I gave you them. Now you’re reaching for straws.

Again I personally don’t care. People should look at school districts like BO to send their kids. It’s run the right way. You can get on here and defend the integrity of BO all you want but I know for fact the “friends of program(s)” definitely bring in kids at the youth level from other areas and then they magically end up in the district by 9th grade. That’s how nearly every great program runs at the lower levels.

You may be blind to this but I’ve seen this in the mid mo and Stl area.
Lol you are going to compare mid mo to STL??

So is Linn recruiting kids from Fatima since they can go there and play football? Come on man. You still didn't give any names of kids that were "recruited" from Linn by BO.

The whole Dapkus situation is odd to me because his dad still coaches at SoBo. I have a family member that lives in the SoBo district and he said the dad was on board with him transferring from SoBo. Again, it's all hear say so I take it with a grain of salt.

BO didn't out recruit Helias. He would have had to sit a year if he went to Helias. He would have been at Helias if this wasn't the case

So is Linn recruiting kids from Fatima since they can go there and play football? Come on man. You still didn't give any names of kids that were "recruited" from Linn by BO.

The whole Dapkus situation is odd to me because his dad still coaches at SoBo. I have a family member that lives in the SoBo district and he said the dad was on board with him transferring from SoBo. Again, it's all hear say so I take it with a grain of salt.

I’m not going to name names.

I’m not going to name names.
Ok...I guess you could name positions they played and if they contributed. I genuinely don't know who you're referring to. And you say "athletes" so I'm assuming more than one.

You didn't answer my question then if Linn is recruiting Fatima?

There was no debate on the Southern Boone kid. Mom and step dad moved out of district and to Wardsville. Pretty sure the parents made that descision.

What does dad coach? Are we talking dad or step-dad? I am pretty sure mom was teaching there and is a SOBCO alum. There is more to the story than just "lets move our kid to Blair Oaks". It is what it is and he is there, but it is NOT because of recruiting....

Tell me you don’t know the transfer rules without telling me you don’t know the transfer rules.
If anyone can explain these, he/she is freaking ENSTIEN! I have seen cases that just make your jaw drop. One being the Dapkus kid. The whole family moved and relocated, but yet the kid has to sit 3/4 of the year in basketball?

Reactions: Stryk3
Ok...I guess you could name positions they played and if they contributed. I genuinely don't know who you're referring to. And you say "athletes" so I'm assuming more than one.

You didn't answer my question then if Linn is recruiting Fatima?

Why are you so obsessed with potentially ruining a high schooler? I’m not giving out anymore info than what I already did. I hear BO is pretty good at baseball too so go watch a game on their new turf field or blow a goat. I don’t know or care what you do in your free time

Platte and Clay county are filled with top HSFB programs (to state the pretty obvious). Kearney will never "corner the market" on talent in this area, folks.

Reactions: HomeyR
I remember being a kid living in Duncanville. I got pressed hard to move to Desoto. But daddy said, "no, we ain't movin' to that tumbleweed town." And the rest is history. My class ended up being one of the best in Duncanville history. You might of heard of one of my teammates, a little guy named Russell Maryland. Go Panthers.

Last edited:
High School Coaches must really value their lucrative stipends to have these mass clandestine recruiting systems set up! 90% of the time kids transfer is bc they live with wacko parents who think they are getting screwed around every corner..... Anyone who has been in this game knows that... People forget 20 years ago some of these schools were dumpster fires The mighty Blair Oaks being one of them until they got their act together and started recruiting obviously......

Reactions: 65TPT
Platte and Clay county are filled with top HSFB programs (to state the pretty obvious). Kearney will never "corner the market" on talent in this area, folks.

Yeah, like people can just up and move to housing that is $550K with a median HH income of $115K. There is probably more opportunity in the PC and Liberty areas, but not Smithville and Kearney. Good luck just picking up and moving your 3-star recruit there. Housing is limited and expensive. Lot of opportunities for Oak Park and Staley though. Housing everywhere. Just need some NIL money and they are ready to roll.

Last edited:
Yeah, like people can just up and move to housing that is $550K with a median HH income of $115K. There is probably more opportunity in the PC and Liberty areas, but not Smithville and Kearney. Good luck just picking up and moving your 3-star recruit there. Housing is limited and expensive. Lot of opportunities for Oak Park and Staley though. Housing everywhere. Just need some NIL money and they are ready to roll.
Before the 2000s Kearney was a perennial Dumpster Fire as well! Must have found a super recruiter to turn it around!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT