ADVERTISEMENT

Presidential Immunity?

blindedbythelight

Jul 28, 2023
Situation that happens often these days. We are not technically at war with any country. The president authorizes a drone strike somewhere in the world against a bad guy the USA doesn't like, the target and a half dozen innocent bystanders are killed.

No charges, no arrest, no trial. The president just decides to kill some people.

Should he be allowed to be charged with murder after he is out of office??

Situation that happens often these days. We are not technically at war with any country. The president authorizes a drone strike somewhere in the world against a bad guy the USA doesn't like, the target and a half dozen innocent bystanders are killed.

No charges, no arrest, no trial. The president just decides to kill some people.

You think is anything that compares to what Trump did?

Reactions: HomeyR

I see what you're saying, blind melon. We get blinded by our own patriotism. We have been periodically launching missiles all over the Middle East since the '90s. The US is responsible for likely thousands of deaths to innocent bystanders from the string of endless conflicts over the past 30 yrs in the Middle East. We chalk it up to collateral deaths. Yet we point to Putin as a war criminal (which he is). Dead is dead, whether it's Putin's troop gunning down civilians and bombing schools and hospital, or the US military launching missiles at a suspected hideout of the Taliban, AlQueda, and Isis, and innocent people get in the way.

Of course, military decisions are much different than Trump's crimes. You cannot give immunity to a president for crimes against our own people. I also believe in the constitutional protected 5th Amendment right to not self incriminate, and the American judicial system's time honored tradition of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I don't think Trump can constitutionally be kept off a ballot until he is convicted of a crime in criminal court.

Last edited:
Tell me exactly what Trump did that you think is worse than killing innocent women and children??
Trying undo our entire government process of elections. He constantly lies about in his speeches and his lawyers lied about lots of times and lost every case they took to court now many are now trying to cut deals to stay out of jail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT