ADVERTISEMENT

NWMO Conference predictions (guesses LOL)

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
Definitely see some wash, rinse, repeat in 2023 but perhaps one or two of these will surprise some:

KC Suburban Gold - Liberty North
Silver - Lee's Summit North
Red - Oak Park
White - Grain Valley
Blue - Kearney

GRC (11m) - Gallatin
MEC - St. Pius X
KCI - East Buchanan
MRVC West - Odessa
MRVC East - Richmond

Have to wait for Classifications before daring to venture into any of that. Would really, really love to hear from 8-man fans etc. about that class this very expanded year (Bosko knock off the bleeping nap jokes this year I mean it, buddy!)!

Also very ready to hear about any "darkhorses" out there. Didn't include the WEMO/I-70 conference not sure how that aligns. Anyone with an official list would love to see that.

• Angry
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Definitely see some wash, rinse, repeat in 2023 but perhaps one or two of these will surprise some:

KC Suburban Gold - Liberty North
Silver - Lee's Summit North
Red - Oak Park
White - Grain Valley
Blue - Kearney

GRC (11m) - Gallatin
MEC - St. Pius X
KCI - East Buchanan
MRVC West - Odessa
MRVC East - Richmond

Have to wait for Classifications before daring to venture into any of that. Would really, really love to hear from 8-man fans etc. about that class this very expanded year (Bosko knock off the bleeping nap jokes this year I mean it, buddy!)!

Also very ready to hear about any "darkhorses" out there. Didn't include the WEMO/I-70 conference not sure how that aligns. Anyone with an official list would love to see that.

I think you are spot on with the Sub Conf picks although I wonder if PC can give Grain Valley a run for their money in Sub White?

I think you are spot on with the Sub Conf picks although I wonder if PC can give Grain Valley a run for their money in Sub White?
Great program with a lot of unknowns both sides of the ball this season. 100 percent attending Kearney's opener hosting the Pirates. No idea what to expect. In all fairness the top two Sub conferences are obvious "chalk" picks but I would keep an eye on Staley. Rampy is a proven commodity and I think they take a step forward this fall.

West Central Conference
Adrian
Cass Midway
Cole Camp
Crest Ridge
Lincoln
Lone Jack
Tipton
Wellington
Windsor
Thank you! Given that group I'd go Adrian to win it with Lincoln and perhaps Tipton being the top contenders BUT want to hear from Mowestdad about Windsor who won it all in C1 not long ago at all.

Worth County is the early favorite in the GRC West (8man). Lots of seniors graduated from North Andrew, Albany and King City so it’s hard to say where those teams are at this point.
Platte Valley and East Atchison are the favorites in the Highway 275 despite losing a few star pieces. South Holt brings back nearly everyone and could push for the conference title.
Archie (WEMO) is looked as the state favorite by most at this point. But the state looks pretty wide open this year. Albany, Appleton City and Archie all host team camps on Friday so we’ll know a little more later this week.

Thank you! Given that group I'd go Adrian to win it with Lincoln and perhaps Tipton being the top contenders BUT want to hear from Mowestdad about Windsor who won it all in C1 not long ago at all.
Lone Jack kids have put in the work this summer. I don't know how many wins that will translate into but they're doing the work.

I will agree that you have to pick Adrian to take this conference. I have not got to watch the Hounds much this summer, but I think they will be OK. They open in Adrain, then in Cole Camp, and then MSHSAA has them going to Knob Noster, but I thought that game was at home. After Adrian I am not sure how the rest will go. I think Lincoln, Tipton, CC, & Windsor will be in the top half. Windsor went to Carrollton last Friday and from my son's report they did OK. I don't get to see the Hounds much on Friday nights, usually watching East Buch.

Reactions: thetophat2021
With Slater leaving the West Central Conference, (I-70, Kaysinger, WEMO), everyone had to find another game. Here is whom everyone is playing.
Week 1-Midway at Mid-Buchanan that will be a tough one for the Vikings, Dragons open their new turf.
Week 2-Adran at Mt. View Liberty. The Eagles were 11-1 last year and that is a 3:45 bus ride on Friday night.
Week 3-Windsor plays Knob Noster, not sure when the last time these two played. Probably back in late 60's in the old West Central. Before my day. I will try to look that up
Week 4-Tipton will host Orchard Farm. These Eagles were 2-8 last year, and it's 2.5 hours away. My son and I have been to Orchard Farm. School is in the middle of nothing.
Week 5-Cole Camp host Versailles
Week 6-Lincoln is odd team off but I can't find if they are playing anyone
Week 7-Lone Jack travels to Versailles. They get to play at the beautiful place
Week 8-Wellington host Hamilton-Penney. They last played in 2012, Hamilton won 35-14 in playoffs. The also lost to them in 2009 playoffs, 62-27
Week 9 Crest Ridge gets a road trip to Russellville
I see the conference going 3-5 in these games.

I will agree that you have to pick Adrian to take this conference. I have not got to watch the Hounds much this summer, but I think they will be OK. They open in Adrain, then in Cole Camp, and then MSHSAA has them going to Knob Noster, but I thought that game was at home. After Adrian I am not sure how the rest will go. I think Lincoln, Tipton, CC, & Windsor will be in the top half. Windsor went to Carrollton last Friday and from my son's report they did OK. I don't get to see the Hounds much on Friday nights, usually watching East Buch.
Realignment likely moves EB up to C2. That should be extremely interesting given what they have back from repeat C1 titles.

With Slater leaving the West Central Conference, (I-70, Kaysinger, WEMO), everyone had to find another game. Here is whom everyone is playing.
Week 1-Midway at Mid-Buchanan that will be a tough one for the Vikings, Dragons open their new turf.
Week 2-Adran at Mt. View Liberty. The Eagles were 11-1 last year and that is a 3:45 bus ride on Friday night.
Week 3-Windsor plays Knob Noster, not sure when the last time these two played. Probably back in late 60's in the old West Central. Before my day. I will try to look that up
Week 4-Tipton will host Orchard Farm. These Eagles were 2-8 last year, and it's 2.5 hours away. My son and I have been to Orchard Farm. School is in the middle of nothing.
Week 5-Cole Camp host Versailles
Week 6-Lincoln is odd team off but I can't find if they are playing anyone
Week 7-Lone Jack travels to Versailles. They get to play at the beautiful place
Week 8-Wellington host Hamilton-Penney. They last played in 2012, Hamilton won 35-14 in playoffs. The also lost to them in 2009 playoffs, 62-27
Week 9 Crest Ridge gets a road trip to Russellville
I see the conference going 3-5 in these games.
Of all those my highest interest game is Week 2. Would love to hear from someone like ChaoticFanatic who knows SCA FB who is favored to win that league. My very long distance take is it will be MVL or Ava.

Of all those my highest interest game is Week 2. Would love to hear from someone like ChaoticFanatic who knows SCA FB who is favored to win that league. My very long distance take is it will be MVL or Ava.
Ava if healthy is a 2 TD fav against anyone in that conference. A lot of promising youth, and a star player back who spent last year throughout the season hurt.

Platte County is a mystery. They lost Magnuson, Salzman, their two top WRs. Salzman went to Arkansas State. They lost Nate Walls, their RB who is going to Washburn. Two starting DBs, Wolfe and Dean. Wolfe is going to Pitt St. Their QB, Zimmerman, graduated. So I heard they are starting a soph? Oh, and all world recruit Chaundavian to Tennessee.

They got slobberknockered by Kearney in week 1. Then gut punched by Smithville in Week 2 last year.

I expect a real slow start for them. At least this time they will not be expecting to walk over Kearney this year. I'm sure it was a shocker to them last year.

Last edited:
Great program with a lot of unknowns both sides of the ball this season. 100 percent attending Kearney's opener hosting the Pirates. No idea what to expect. In all fairness the top two Sub conferences are obvious "chalk" picks but I would keep an eye on Staley. Rampy is a proven commodity and I think they take a step forward this fall.

Sophomore QB for Platte County looks to be Rocco Marriott. 6'3" 185 Was 11 for 22 and 150 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in varsity play last year as a Frosh. 6'4" 195, 4.81 laser 40. Impressive at camps. Also ran the ball last year as a Freshman for 161 yards.

PC Junior Archie Wesley at LB looks pretty good. 6' 205, College offers will come.

They will need an O-line for game 1 because that front of Kearney is going to be deadly.

Last edited:
Sophomore QB for Platte County looks to be Rocco Marriott. 6'3" 185 Was 11 for 22 and 150 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in varsity play last year as a Frosh. 6'4" 195, 4.81 laser 40. Impressive at camps. Also ran the ball last year as a Freshman for 161 yards.

PC Junior Archie Wesley at LB looks pretty good. 6' 205, College offers will come.

They will need an O-line.
Thanks do we know when Class/District assignments are coming? I continue to believe the C6 expansion moves Kearney to C5 am I correct?

Thanks do we know when Class/District assignments are coming? I continue to believe the C6 expansion moves Kearney to C5 am I correct?

Someone previously did the analysis...K would have to go over 890... Not happening.

Class 4 (55) Top Team Lincoln College Prep 891

Moving up
1. Moberly 551
2. University City 545
3. Pleasant Hill 539
4. Lafayette (St Joseph) 536
5. Mexico 535
6. St Clair 523
7. Sullivan 521
8. Roosevelt/ Carnahan 520
9. Savannah 516
10. Benton 515
11. Reed Springs 515
12. Westminster 505
13. Cardinal Ritter 282 Up 2

Muyonta Maxwell on the line has gotten some college attention for PC and so has Seth Martin, DB and safety. He just went to Pitt St.

FYI: As Freshman, the current senior class at PC lost 87 - 0 to K. The Junior Class of K won by 14 as Freshmen ov over PC. PC will have VERY FEW senior starters on this team.

Last edited:
Muyonta Maxwell on the line has gotten some college attention for PC and so has Seth Martin, DB and safety. He just went to Pitt St.

FYI: As Freshman, the current senior class at PC lost 87 - 0 to K. The Junior Class won by 14 as Freshmen. PC will have VERY FEW senior starters on this team.
Makes me want to consider going down to LSN but naw I want to see these first three KDogs games. Interesting how all three top programs appear to be in similar reloading stages. The only other alma mater game of interest to me is Week 9 hosting Belton.

Someone previously did the analysis...K would have to go over 890... Not happening.

Class 4 (55) Top Team Lincoln College Prep 891

Moving up
1. Moberly 551
2. University City 545
3. Pleasant Hill 539
4. Lafayette (St Joseph) 536
5. Mexico 535
6. St Clair 523
7. Sullivan 521
8. Roosevelt/ Carnahan 520
9. Savannah 516
10. Benton 515
11. Reed Springs 515
12. Westminster 505
13. Cardinal Ritter 282 Up 2
If so barring some unforeseen change look for another Smithville-Kearney district final this early November.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT