ADVERTISEMENT

MO State to CUSA

mosofan

Mar 12, 2016
Effective July 1, 2025, Missouri State is joining Conference USA. They will be the 12th member of the league. This is a move from FCS to FBS for MO State. The 2024-25 season will be their final season in the Missouri Valley.

Effective July 1, 2025, Missouri State is joining Conference USA. They will be the 12th member of the league. This is a move from FCS to FBS for MO State. The 2024-25 season will be their final season in the Missouri Valley.
Maybe they'll play Mizzou

Something needed done in a way... while this is a big jump that may clobber them for a while, the MO Valley wasn't bringing anything of significance to Springfield.

Something needed done in a way... while this is a big jump that may clobber them for a while, the MO Valley wasn't bringing anything of significance to Springfield.
SMSU football isn't bringing much either.

SMSU football isn't bringing much either.
Yeah, that's really part of my critiquing. If one wants to play Mo Valley football, they will go to Youngstown, Fargo, Brookings, etc. A big part of that is the school's fault, but also down here where Mizzou and Arkansas are close, why stay in Springfield to watch FCS? And who wants to go there to play FCS? The Valley and Springfield just have not had a great "marriage." The initial lumps may be enormous, but going up may be a gamble they probably need to take if they are going to salvage the football program. To stay in the Valley is just maintaining a boring status quo... or dumpster fire.

The quality of football played in CUSA isn't any better than it is in the Valley honestly, as has always been the case there is a ton of potential there in Springfield just need the right guy(s) in place.

The top 3-5 teams in the Valley are probably quite competitive with the top 3-5 in CUSA. NDSU or SDSU could def win that conference.

The quality of football played in CUSA isn't any better than it is in the Valley honestly, as has always been the case there is a ton of potential there in Springfield just need the right guy(s) in place.

The top 3-5 teams in the Valley are probably quite competitive with the top 3-5 in CUSA. NDSU or SDSU could def win that conference.
That is probably right, however as I think on it, they're probably thinking of more than just football. Springfield likes to look at itself as a hoops town more than anything.

My prediction for the 2025/2026 Conference USA schedule for SMSU:

Loss to Liberty 49-7
Loss to NM State 42-14
Loss to Jax State 35-14
Losee to WKU 17-14
Loss to MTSU 7-6 in OT
Loss to LA Tech 14-13 in 2OT
Loss to Sam Houston 2-0
Win UTEP 13-12 (Goal Posts taken down)
Loss to FIU 27-0

8e6720db-767b-4e5b-9aad-7ca70cbb4377_text.gif

That is probably right, however as I think on it, they're probably thinking of more than just football. Springfield likes to look at itself as a hoops town more than anything.
Valley might be better than CUSA as hoops conference, no?

Reactions: Rshs1991
The Dakota schools are top 4 CUSA schools these days. Mo State will be behind from a resources standpoint for a couple years but it’s not like it’s a murders row on the field

FIU, UTEP, NM State(No Kill) are all bounce back schools. Liberty, Jax State, & WKU are the only steady schools right now. MTSU & LA Tech have been down but could come up, Sam Houston is a wildcard going through the same thing Mo State will be, and they won 3 games and lost 5 by one score or less.

I think they’ll have a shot to compete early

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT