ADVERTISEMENT

Maxpreps Missouri Top Ten (Classes 1 to 6) going into the final week.

JNsDaddyzDaddyIownU

Dec 8, 2020
MAXPREPS TOP 10 RANKINGS GOING INTO THE FINAL REGULAR SEASON GAME
How the objective performance-based ranking is calculated: http://calpreps.com/ratings.htm

CLASS 6
  1. Lee’s Summit North
  2. Liberty North
  3. De Smet
  4. CBC
  5. Rock
  6. Lee’s Summit West
  7. Nixa
  8. Liberty
  9. Oak Park
  10. Jackson
CLASS 5
  1. Cardinal Ritter
  2. Lebanon
  3. Helias
  4. Grain Valley
  5. Rockwood Summit
  6. Webb
  7. Republic
  8. Platte County
  9. St. Dominic
  10. Fort Osage
CLASS 4
  1. Lutheran North
  2. Hillsboro
  3. Kearney
  4. Nevada
  5. Hannibal
  6. Parkway North
  7. Smithville
  8. Festus
  9. Pleasant Hill
  10. Savannah
CLASS 3
  1. Blair Oaks
  2. Seneca
  3. Maryville
  4. Ava
  5. Odessa
  6. Borgia
  7. St. Pius X
  8. Southern Boone
  9. Mt. Vernon
  10. Centralia

CLASS 2
  1. South Shelby
  2. Bowling Green
  3. Lamar
  4. East Buch
  5. Valle
  6. Fair Grove
  7. Lafayette County
  8. Adrian
  9. New Madrid
  10. Butler
CLASS 1
  1. North Platte
  2. Marionville
  3. Milan
  4. Portageville
  5. Tipton
  6. Thayer
  7. Penney
  8. St. Vincent
  9. Polo
  10. Van-Far

CLASS .5
  1. North Platte
  2. Marionville
  3. Milan
  4. Portageville
  5. Tipton
  6. Thayer
  7. Penney
  8. St. Vincent
  9. Polo
  10. Van-Far
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HomeyR and HHSX2
Savannah in the top 10? Laughable. Parkway North, Hannibal, and Nevada higher than Smithville? Just plain dumb.

This is what you get when you look at a California based company's take on MO high school football.

Completely objective. It is who you have played and how you have played them. Scores and relative comparisons. You really get punished for a weak schedule. Nevada has played four opponents rated higher than Smithville's third-best opponent.

Reactions: dwadley1
Completely objective. It is who you have played and how you have played them. Scores and relative comparisons. You really get punished for a weak schedule. Nevada has played four opponents rated higher than Smithville's third-best opponent.
WINS: #8728 Sarcoxie (MO) (42-6), #10184 Ash Grove (MO) (42-0), #10529 Diamond (MO) (41-8), #10519 Stockton/Sheldon (Stockton, MO) (12-7), #10977 Lighthouse Christian (Springfield, MO) (50-0), #11255 Central (Springfield, MO) (35-6), #12756 Pierce City (MO) (31-3), #13377 Willow Springs (MO) (70-6), LOSSES: none

Joey been waiting to post this since the last game between Smithville and KMO. Looking for any inch to claim the superiority of KMO in any numbers advantage.

We get it, Joey, you love KMO, hate trolls, and probably like soggy waffles.

I hope they can remain healthy so the district championship can be enjoyable not one-sided rivalry it has been since 2018.

Reactions: Herman.Boone
Who ranks these teams? I think some media personnel don't have a grasp on football as a scheme or week to week performances. Scores never show a full picture. For example, week 3 Sville and KMO you saw a clear divide due to the injuries on KMO.

I feel there should be a coaches ranking system combined with media to show a better picture.

I get it. It is just crazy to me because if you watched any of these teams live and then compared this list would look quite different.

Reactions: Treadmill
Who ranks these teams? I think some media personnel don't have a grasp on football as a scheme or week to week performances. Scores never show a full picture. For example, week 3 Sville and KMO you saw a clear divide due to the injuries on KMO.

I feel there should be a coaches ranking system combined with media to show a better picture.
Just a stats company. Based out of California. A fun talking point but rarely any substance

Joey been waiting to post this since the last game between Smithville and KMO. Looking for any inch to claim the superiority of KMO in any numbers advantage.

We get it, Joey, you love KMO, hate trolls, and probably like soggy waffles.

I hope they can remain healthy so the district championship can be enjoyable not one-sided rivalry it has been since 2018.

Ah...look who is making excuses.

I love these newbies on here with their agendas. I've been putting Calpreps rankings on here for years, dare I say before Smithville was even halfway relevant. I love the trolls making excuses for rankings they don't like. Bhaaha

I love these newbies on here with their agendas. I've been putting Calpreps rankings on here for years, dare I say before Smithville was even halfway relevant. I love the trolls making excuses for rankings they don't like. Bhaaha
I am admittedly a Smithville fan, however, my qualms are not because I don't like these rankings in particular. I don't like rankings to begin with. Just like stats I feel they are for losers. I get it though, it is kind of the whole point of mosports to talk nonsense about MO high school football. Otherwise WHAT WOULD WE DO?!?!? I'd be more inclined to take your own rankings more seriously than some CBS affiliate from out of state.

Ah...look who is making excuses.
I see no excuses. I'm trying to be partial to the fact I admit KMO has talent. I'll still take my Warriors regardless. I also know you have posted CalPreps. It just seems as of late the posting has been neigh since...yah know...KMO "isn't healthy" or "QB 53."

Rankings are that, just rankings. I find it odd that you waited this long to post when other polls rank teams (your team) differently. I just find it odd that you willingly post those rather than local media who has certain teams not even on the board.

I think a week to week cal preps ranking would be cool for the future. Is it a reasoning to post this mainly due to the depth of the season can garner more accurate info? If so, I get it.

I'm with KeVan on the part of rankings of HS teams using systems like CalPreps and media in general. Jaded views of games are driving the system. 85% accuracy is pretty neat though, I would have guessed higher.

Savannah in the top 10? Laughable. Parkway North, Hannibal, and Nevada higher than Smithville? Just plain dumb.

This is what you get when you look at a California based company's take on MO high school football.
And Kearney is also higher than Smithville and Smithville beat them head-to-head this year by 3 TDs.

I don't get the difference between the Top 10 Rankings and their Project a Matchup . I am a Smithville fan and have followed the calpreps Project a Matchup pretty closely over the last 3 years. They do remarkably well. I would much rather have them on my side than not. Last week's projected score for Smithville v. Pittsburg was 35-12. Actual 36-18.

Here's some more as of today.

10/18/2023
Kearney27Savannah21
Kearney28East Buchanan24
Kearney21Maryville28
Kearney27Smithville28

Are we buying these projected scores?

Also, if margin of victory is a thing that sways the calculations, I doubt you would see Smithville running a trick play up 21 vs. Winnetonka.

• Haha
Reactions: KevAn92
I don't get the difference between the Top 10 Rankings and their Project a Matchup . I am a Smithville fan and have followed the calpreps Project a Matchup pretty closely over the last 3 years. They do remarkably well. I would much rather have them on my side than not. Last week's projected score for Smithville v. Pittsburg was 35-12. Actual 36-18.

10/18/2023
Kearney27Savannah21
Kearney28East Buchanan24
Kearney21Maryville28
Kearney27Smithville28

Also, if margin of victory is a thing that sways the calculations, I doubt you would see Smithville running a trick play up 21 vs. Winnetonka.

they look accurate to me

And Kearney is also higher than Smithville and Smithville beat them head-to-head this year by 3 TDs.

Smithville beat Kearney without three all-state athletes on D who have been back since week 4, and without the starting DE and QB1 (who just got a D1 offer last week.) As you must know, K played a 3rd String JV QB3. In a 5 turnover game, they did outgain SV in total yards, regardless of the score.

With the bulk of their top shelf injured players back, they are moving up on Calpreps ratings because of performance. For example, blowing out Ruskin, Ray South and Grandview. Smithville was only up 21-12 on Grandview with a minute left. And only beat Ruskin 28-12. A good Grandview blowout would help the score, I'm sure.

I would also say the current version of the Bulldogs would have a much higher objective rating had they not been missing those players the first three games. The comparative performance ratings bare that out, and a 15 point uptick per game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flint222

10/18/2023
Kearney27Savannah21
Kearney28East Buchanan24
Kearney21Maryville28
Kearney27Smithville28

24-21 over Grandview??? What? Baha

Laughable now Jacktard?

Nevada 42 Grandview 0
Smithville 24 Grandview 21

Smithville beat Kearney without three all-state athletes on D who have been back since week 4, and without the starting DE and QB1 (who just got a D1 offer last week.) As you must know, K played a 3rd String JV QB3. In a 5 turnover game, they did outgain SV in total yards, regardless of the score.

With the bulk of their top shelf injured players back, they are moving up on Calpreps ratings because of performance. For example, blowing out Ruskin, Ray South and Grandview. Smithville was only up 21-12 on Grandview with a minute left. And only beat Ruskin 28-12. A good Grandview blowout would help the score, I'm sure.

I would also say the current version of the Bulldogs would have a much higher objective rating had they not been missing those players the first three games. The comparative performance ratings bare that out, and a 15 point uptick per game.
You keep talking about these mythical Allstate football players that have been hurt early in the season I looked at the coaches Allstate list from last year and I only saw one Junior from Kearney that made the list and he was third string I believe just exactly who are all these Allstate players on the Kearney roster or are they some of your vaunted track stars????

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BoosterBosko
I see no excuses. I'm trying to be partial to the fact I admit KMO has talent. I'll still take my Warriors regardless. I also know you have posted CalPreps. It just seems as of late the posting has been neigh since...yah know...KMO "isn't healthy" or "QB 53."

Rankings are that, just rankings. I find it odd that you waited this long to post when other polls rank teams (your team) differently. I just find it odd that you willingly post those rather than local media who has certain teams not even on the board.

I think a week to week cal preps ranking would be cool for the future. Is it a reasoning to post this mainly due to the depth of the season can garner more accurate info? If so, I get it.

I'm with KeVan on the part of rankings of HS teams using systems like CalPreps and media in general. Jaded views of games are driving the system. 85% accuracy is pretty neat though, I would have guessed higher.

Since I’ve been here over a decade, I just love coming back to newb posts talking sh!t like this. FYI. The top 3 Calpreps had for C4 at the end of the season was dead on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT