ADVERTISEMENT

MAAA Outlook

dtowner

Mar 1, 2005
The large school division seems to be Central's to lose. Success and experience all over the floor. Ste. Gen might be the strongest challenger although they are replacing a lot. Potosi will be very good to with Whitley coming back. They will figure in the race as well; you might place them ahead of Ste. Gen. Fredericktown lost Starkey and may be down a little. North County figures to be middle of the pack. Farmington is interesting. Rough year last year but a lot of guys got some experience. Hard to imagine them being down too long.

On the small school side, you have to admire what Valle Catholic has done the last few years. With all the success athletics have their, basketball gets somewhat overlooked but they have been good. West County was kind of an interesting story last year, but it ended well. Lost some kids over the summer but they will contend. Kingston has a backcourt that is big and athletic but the frontcourt lacks varsity experience. Yates is a special player. Bismarck lost Martinez and has a (sort of) new coach so it's hard to say. They have a fair amount of varsity experience coming back. Caledonia lost their best player but has two solid guys returning. They received the two seed in their own tourney whatever that is worth. AV lost Dement but has the Douglas twins back. Second year under a new coach will help. The race comes down to West County, Valle, and Kingston who have all played close games against each other the last two years.

Regular season races are basically over. Potosi, Farmington, and Central split with each other and will share the large school title. Farmington made a big jump from last year. Potosi and Central can really score the ball. The other half of the large school side was down. North County fell off quite a bit from recent years. Ste. Gen was down a little as well.

On the small school side, Kingston swept the division to become the first sports team in school history to win a conference championship. AV made a big jump from last year and West County was pretty solid. They still have to make up a game to decide second place. Most of the games within the division were fairly tight however. Even Bismarck and Caledonia would be competitive for a three quarters or so.

Conference tournament seeds came out yesterday. Interesting potential matchups in the quarterfinal round. What would Kingston do against Ste. Gen if the Dragons win their first game? Could West County or AV (or North County) give Farmington or Potosi a scare? After the top three, it's a fairly balanced tournament, in my opinion.

If it's anyone other than Central and Farmington in the finals one of them had a really bad game. After watching Farmington dismantle Potosi last week I don't know how Potosi beat Central. I don't expect either to lose to Potosi again. Kingston/St Gen could be interesting tonight. It would be cool to see Kingston get a shot at Central.

Reactions: pgapro29
Well I missed this one. Congrats to Potosi for knocking off both Farmington and Central. I didn't expect that to happen. Was Central sick again? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: pgapro29
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT