ADVERTISEMENT

Lindenwood - We built a state of the art football locker room...then...

This made me think of something someone said about James Madison on here, because they have a major shortfall. I just stumbled upon this article. Geesh, lets milk the students even more. Like resort fees in Vegas
https://www.sportico.com/leagues/co...on-student-fees-athletics-million-1234771980/

"The mandatory student fee, which is included in those totals, is $5,662 for 2024. That fee covers a number of things—transportation services, student health initiatives, facility maintenance—but by far the biggest piece, $2,362 per student per year, is earmarked for funding athletics."

I think you will see programs get cut or fees like this start getting added. You know they would rather advertise "We haven't increased tuition in ___ years" , but "we did create this ____ fee and doubled room and board over the last decade"

"Son, we can't offer you a scholarship, but we can make you our number one walk on."
(And you will only have to pay the normal $2,450 student fee earmarked for the football program, to go to school here. Well, along with $28K tuition and room and board."

Classic Film Vintage GIF by Turner Classic Movies

• Haha
Reactions: Treadmill
Do you want to do a few things really well or offer a ton of average teams..

With Title IX you may have to cut more than you want to to make the numbers work

There are a lot of those small schools that bring in tons of athletes to pay the bills. Kids might make it a year before they realize they are paying the bills and not playing but then your 30 to 50,000 in the hole.

There are a lot of those small schools that bring in tons of athletes to pay the bills. Kids might make it a year before they realize they are paying the bills and not playing but then your 30 to 50,000 in the hole.
A ton of truth in that statement. So obvious that is their business model and yet so many parents & students get suckered into that trap year after year. I won't name schools, but for many of them I don't know a single graduate. I know lots of kids that went to them to play sports their freshman and sophomore years, and that is about it.

A ton of truth in that statement. So obvious that is their business model and yet so many parents & students get suckered into that trap year after year. I won't name schools, but for many of them I don't know a single graduate. I know lots of kids that went to them to play sports their freshman and sophomore years, and that is about it.
You see this a lot at the NAIA level, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT