ADVERTISEMENT

KC Metro - Week 1 scores prediction

Another new QB. Catching them early, it sounds like, may be a positive for KTown in Minnick's debut.

I think they deal is, and I have been saying this for a couple years now...the wave of K talent is hitting now that has been coming for a while. It is athletic talent. Part of the reason they got second in state in track in 21 and first in 22. (with no points in mid or long distance.) Even with bad coaching, they would be on a very big uptick. Minnick just accelerates it even more. No matter who they play this year, they will have pound for pound the strongest player on the field, and the fastest player on the field.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I think they deal is, and I have been saying this for a couple years now...the wave of K talent is hitting now that has been coming for a while. It is athletic talent. Part of the reason they got second in state in track in 21 and first in 22. (with no points in mid or long distance.) Even with bad coaching, they would be on a very big uptick. Minnick just accelerates it even more. No matter who they play this year, they will have pound for pound the strongest player on the field, and the fastest player on the field.
Faster than Larenzo Fenner of Fort?

Faster than Larenzo Fenner of Fort?
Absolutely faster. The Kearney safety ran a 14.30 110 hurdles. (10.9s in the 100m) State champion in the hurdles. Right behind Heston Miller in the 200m. Lorenzo...11.21 in the 100m last year. 22.9 in the 200m. K satefy: 22.1 (this is his 3rd best event)

That is not to say that Fenner's football acumen and football speed are not fantastic. Obviously, they are. But on the track, Noland from K is faster.

Last edited:
Absolutely faster. The Kearney safety ran a 14.30 110 hurdles. State champion. Right behind Heston Miller in the 200m. Lorenzo...11.21 in the 100m last year. 22.9 in the 200m. K satefy: 22.1

That is not to say that Fenner's football acumen and football speed are not fantastic. Obviously, they are. But on the track, Noland from K is faster.
Just read this morning Fort is returning ELEVEN offensive starters????!!!!!! That is 2003 KTown level stuff.........

Just read this morning Fort is returning ELEVEN offensive starters????!!!!!! That is 2003 KTown level stuff.........

Uh...no...their #1 and #2 running backs that had 1,600 yards are not back. Their 6'3" 285 All-district O linman graduated as well.

Thats pretty good since their best O-Lineman graduated last year!

They do return a lot of offensive starters but not all 11.

Faster than Larenzo Fenner
Again, though, I know Jamborees can be very deceptive. Seems like many of the top programs don't do/show much of anything.

Exactly, Jamborees are not much of a gauge of how good a team is going to be. Generally, the offense has about 3-5 calls is all they are making. On defense it's generally your base defense with the occasional blitz.

Not mention most are only driving 40 yards with little care of down and distance but more so about seeing certain plays with certain players

Plus no game planning for other teams are involved, etc, etc. Basing anything on a jamboree is pretty foolish.

Let's not get carried away...the 2002 K team won state. The 2021 Fort team lost to Northtown and beat Grain Valley 9-8 in the regular season.

Exactly, Jamborees are not much of a gauge of how good a team is going to be. Generally, the offense has about 3-5 calls is all they are making. On defense it's generally your base defense with the occasional blitz.

Not mention most are only driving 40 yards with little care of down and distance but more so about seeing certain plays with certain players

Plus no game planning for other teams are involved, etc, etc. Basing anything on a jamboree is pretty foolish.

Who is basing anything on jamborees? LOL...

Uh...no...their #1 and #2 running backs that had 1,600 yards are not back. Their 6'3" 285 All-district O linman graduated as well.

Correct, they return 11 players that played a significent amount or started at one time or another. I think they'll be ok at RB....the sophomore Peppers looked good in limited time as a freshman. I was at their meet the squad scrimmage Friday night and the 1v1 offense/defense played to a stanoff pretty much. I hope that's a good sign.I think their senior qb, Greg Menne is one of the more underrated players in the metro area. He's got a cannon and his big and athletic.

Their schedule to start the season is challenging. GV and Kearney in the first 2 weeks.

Let's not get carried away...the 2002 K team won state. The 2021 Fort team lost to Northtown and beat Grain Valley 9-8 in the regular season.
NKC loss was due to virus absences. GV, agree, a bit of a head scratcher. Just rare to see any team return basically all their starters either side of the ball UNLESS a second year school. I was tempted to add Warrensburg at Capital City to my pick em for that very reason but resisted last minute.

Correct, they return 11 players that played a significent amount or started at one time or another. I think they'll be ok at RB....the sophomore Peppers looked good in limited time as a freshman. I was at their meet the squad scrimmage Friday night and the 1v1 offense/defense played to a stanoff pretty much. I hope that's a good sign.I think their senior qb, Greg Menne is one of the more underrated players in the metro area. He's got a cannon and his big and athletic.

Their schedule to start the season is challenging. GV and Kearney in the first 2 weeks.

Yeah...revising my Fort vs Grain Valley Score. Fort 29 GV 10. And I think GV will be greatly improved this year.

NKC loss was due to virus absences. GV, agree, a bit of a head scratcher. Just rare to see any team return basically all their starters either side of the ball UNLESS a second year school. I was tempted to add Warrensburg at Capital City to my pick em for that very reason but resisted last minute.

Do NOT sleep on GV this season. Their losses last season were to Smithville, Park Hill South and Fort twice. Fort beat them 35-0 (fort was playing much better at the end of the season than they did the first 4 weeks) in the rematch but you better believe the game this Friday will be a battle. This matchup is turning into a rivalry.

Do NOT sleep on GV this season. Their losses last season were to Smithville, Park Hill South and Fort twice. Fort beat them 35-0 (fort was playing much better at the end of the season than they did the first 4 weeks) in the rematch but you better believe the game this Friday will be a battle. This matchup is turning into a rivalry.
They are actually my Class 5 (need to see the actual assignments Friday, though) #2 in NWMO behind Fort. Any Allie coached team is gonna be a tough out agree! What was head scratching was the very low score last regular season.

The K versus Fort game is intriguing. Depending on how this Friday goes, it could be more interesting. Of course it is a novelty, almost exhibition game that doesn't really hurt or help either team. But Minnick's record was 3-1 at Raytown vs. Fort. Including two blowouts 36-6 in 2020, and 48-6 in 2019. The Fort QB-WR combos look awesome though this year. D solid.

Who is basing anything on jamborees? LOL...
Well you are one that generally always talks about jamborees and who won what. Numerous times last year, you kept referring to Kearney's jamboree, etc.

I was just making the point, that no one should put any stock into who did what at their jamboree.

Stevie Gabb was the Fort offensive lineman you guys are referring to. He was the Co-Offensive Player of Year for the conference (Yes, a lineman) and he was out against NKC.
Peppers would have rushed for 1000+ yards easy as a freshman for any team in Kansas City. Kid is special. Was all-state in Class 5 Long Jump. Runs low 11s. Not sure if Fenner is faster. Fenner is like Dante Hall, "The Human Joystick". It isn't his breakaway speed it is his abilty to stop on a dime and shift. Makes guys look silly on returns.
The guy nobody talks about over there is the 6'3 330lb nose tackle Brandstedder. Double and Triple teams. I think he squats 600+ pounds. He is a menace for offensive lines. Their CB Tillman looked very good last week.
I agree GV is probably hungry after being embarrassed in sectionals. That 9-8 game earlier in the season in my opinion was GV was playing very good defense. I thought they played their best ball that week.
I think Kearney will be Fort's toughest opponent. Wish it was on the schedule like week 7 or something. Both teams schedules appear weak for a long period going into the playoffs. The culture at both schools are really unmatched in the rest of KC. Hoping both make a very deep run into November.

Stevie Gabb was the Fort offensive lineman you guys are referring to. He was the Co-Offensive Player of Year for the conference (Yes, a lineman) and he was out against NKC.
Peppers would have rushed for 1000+ yards easy as a freshman for any team in Kansas City. Kid is special. Was all-state in Class 5 Long Jump. Runs low 11s. Not sure if Fenner is faster. Fenner is like Dante Hall, "The Human Joystick". It isn't his breakaway speed it is his abilty to stop on a dime and shift. Makes guys look silly on returns.
The guy nobody talks about over there is the 6'3 330lb nose tackle Brandstedder. Double and Triple teams. I think he squats 600+ pounds. He is a menace for offensive lines. Their CB Tillman looked very good last week.
I agree GV is probably hungry after being embarrassed in sectionals. That 9-8 game earlier in the season in my opinion was GV was playing very good defense. I thought they played their best ball that week.
I think Kearney will be Fort's toughest opponent. Wish it was on the schedule like week 7 or something. Both teams schedules appear weak for a long period going into the playoffs. The culture at both schools are really unmatched in the rest of KC. Hoping both make a very deep run into November.
I've watched film on Brandstedder. Beast

The K versus Fort game is intriguing. Depending on how this Friday goes, it could be more interesting. Of course it is a novelty, almost exhibition game that doesn't really hurt or help either team. But Minnick's record was 3-1 at Raytown vs. Fort. Including two blowouts 36-6 in 2020, and 48-6 in 2019. The Fort QB-WR combos look awesome though this year. D solid.
Do NOT kick off to Fenner.

Well you are one that generally always talks about jamborees and who won what. Numerous times last year, you kept referring to Kearney's jamboree, etc.

I was just making the point, that no one should put any stock into who did what at their jamboree.

I take stock, with a grain. When you see Excelsior's #1s blowing up PCs #1 O line. PC going four straight incompletions... and unable to stop the run. I take stock in that. Even if it is a jamboree.

Last edited:
I take stock, with a grain. When you see Excelsior's #1s blowing up PCs #1 O line. PC going four straight incompletions... and unable to stock the run. I take stock in that. Even if it is a jamboree.
If those 2 teams play in regular season, PC beats them by 21+ points.

Not predicting anything this year BUT Kearney and Fort went at it Week 2 2009 a 13-7 mega-bruiser before both got untracked. I remember listening to the post game during the long drive back to Shawnee where I was residing at the time and the one line that stuck out was "every team that plays these two better strap it up". Kearney went on to win it all in C4 and Fort went to the C5 championship losing to Webster Groves I believe. Wow how time has flown.............

If those 2 teams play in regular season, PC beats them by 21+ points.

PC has to be able to complete a pass first. Getting sacked for 7 yards on the first play wasn't a good look. They did complete a at least one pass out of 5 attempts...

Last edited:
PC has to be able to complete a pass first. Getting sacked for 7 yards on the first play wasn't a good look. They did complete a at least one pass out of 5 attempts...
Sorry digressing back to the locals, Joey. My 2 main questions for KTown going into 2022 are: 1) QB and 2) overall D?

You also fail to mention that the same QB after missing his first 4, completed rest that he attempted including what would technically have been 2 TD's, as one was a shovel pass

You also fail to mention that the same QB after missing his first 4, completed rest that he attempted including what would technically have been 2 TD's, as one was a shovel pass

Yeah, when he was facing a backup D after 9 plays

Blue Springs 38 Staley 13
Excelsior 35 Belton 21
Grain Valley 17 Fort Osage 29
Platte County 7 Kearney 35
Lee's Summit 35 Blue Springs South 27
Lee's Summit North 15 Liberty North 28
Liberty 13 LSW 27
NKC 42 Columbia Hickman 7
Park Hill 30 Battle 10
Raytown 7 Smithville 28
Rock 7 Ray Pec 6
Truman 58 Ray South 57
Van Horn 97 East 0
William CHrisman 14 Grandview 28
Tonka (-5) Oak Park 18
Rock Bridge 14 Park Hill South 42
A few updates.

Not predicting anything this year BUT Kearney and Fort went at it Week 2 2009 a 13-7 mega-bruiser before both got untracked. I remember listening to the post game during the long drive back to Shawnee where I was residing at the time and the one line that stuck out was "every team that plays these two better strap it up". Kearney went on to win it all in C4 and Fort went to the C5 championship losing to Webster Groves I believe. Wow how time has flown.............
A couple of the best HS games I've watched over the past 15 years have been Fort vs Kearney. Glad to see them both back contending again. I know I'm biased but imo KC area HS football is better when they are both good.

A couple of the best HS games I've watched over the past 15 years have been Fort vs Kearney. Glad to see them both back contending again. I know I'm biased but imo KC area HS football is better when they are both good.
2013 had about the zaniest finish ever! And it was (drum roll) SKYLAR THOMPSON who came in and rallied Fort to inside the K 10 if memory serves..........

Reactions: Fort80
2013 had about the zaniest finish ever! And it was (drum roll) SKYLAR THOMPSON who came in and rallied Fort to inside the K 10 if memory serves..........
As for Kearney "back contending again" I don't have those expectations this year. They could very easily go 0-3 out of the gate. That being said the program will definitely ascend in the years to come if this coaching staff stays.

As for Kearney "back contending again" I don't have those expectations this year. They could very easily go 0-3 out of the gate. That being said the program will definitely ascend in the years to come if this coaching staff stays.

You can only go by what you see in a real game. My expectations are based on what I have seen so far in scrimmages and jamborees, past performance of these athletes, and their abilities demonstrated to this point in football as well as other sports. Of course, ask Liberty North...if your QB sh*ts the bed, and you have six turnovers...you ain't gonna win.

Last edited:
You can only go by what you see in a real game. My expectations are based on what I have seen so far in scrimmages and jamborees, past performance of these athletes, and their abilities demonstrated to this point in football as well as other sports. Of course, ask Liberty North...if your QB sh*ts the bed, and you have six turnovers...you ain't gonna win.
I hope he gets a shot at reversing that this year!

Reactions: HomeyR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT