ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson new Coach !

Dwr07

Dec 9, 2019
JHS Hires New Head Football Coach

The Jackson R-2 School District Board of Education approved the hire of Mr. Ryan Nesbitt as the new Jackson High School Head Football Coach for the 2023-2024 school year. Coach Nesbitt has 14 years experience as a football coach. His most recent time has been serving as the head football coach at Troy Buchanan High School in Troy, Missouri where he has been for the last nine years. During this time, he took the school to their first final four appearance in school history, was named the all time winningest coach in school history, holds the highest single season win total in school history along with setting many other school records.

“After a careful and thoughtful search, we look forward to working with Coach Nesbitt at Jackson High School. We believe he will be a great fit for our student athletes and school community,” said John Martin, Jackson R-2 School District Athletic Director.

Coach Nesbitt places high importance on developing the character of athletes, encouraging good attitudes, quality sportsmanship, as well as promoting good work ethic through excellence in the classroom as well as on the field.

He will take over as head coach after the retirement of current Coach, Brent Eckley.

“The philosophies of Coach Nesbitt line up well with the tough, smart, strong culture of the JHS football program. I have no doubt that he will continue to build upon the success of this program because of his passion for helping players be their best and his appreciation of this hardworking staff, as well as being part of such a supportive football community,” said Coach Brent Eckley.

Coach Nesbitt will be coming to Jackson with his wife Kara and three young daughters.

“We look forward to working with Coach Nesbitt. I know how welcoming our community is and I know he will feel at home in this great District,” said Dr. Scott Smith, Superintendent of Schools.

The football community will have the opportunity to meet Coach Nesbitt in the coming weeks. Please help us welcome Coach Nesbitt!

Good hire for them. I assume Jackson is a desirable job. As much as a pain in the ass his teams were to my Mules I'm going to miss Eckley coaching at Jackson, hoping Nesbitt has just as much success but loses two games a season to Bluff.

Selfishly...as a Troy guy...this makes me sad because we a losing a great Coach.

It's a massive understatement to say that this guy has left the program in better shape than he found it.

yan Nesbitt elevated the football program here at Troy Buchanan to heights that seemed impossible just a few short years ago.

He is without question...the Bill Snyder of Missouri high school football...winning at a place where people said you could NEVER win.

He is a great Coach...and even a better man...and I am proud to call him my friend.

Reactions: mowesten
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT