ADVERTISEMENT

Is Arkansas's Mike Anderson" taunting " the Missouri Tigers

metro-dude

Jan 28, 2004
1. Jimmy Whitt 6'2", 165 Lbs. from Columbia Hickman just down the street from the University of Missourri will attend Arkansas this summer. Jimmy Whitt is a 4-star recruit and has ranking of # 51 by Rival.

2. Ted Kapita 6'8" 215 Lbs. from Huntington Prep. Ted Kapita is a 4-star and has a ranking of 37 by Rival. Kim Anderson hired the Huntington Prep coach last summer with hope of landing big man Ted Kapita. Mike Anderson sent Marvin Watkins for a " Living room visit " and came away with a commitment on 2-12-15.

It is my understanding that Arkansas coach Mike Anderson is finally getting the type of players needed to run his " Style of play " and will have Arkansas back in the NCAA tournament this year.

New Missouri coach Kim Anderson was left with very little talent from the previous coach @ Missouri and has one of the worst teams in Missouri history. It appears Kim must have a " Running off party " to add more scholarships to upgrade the Tiger roster with talent that can compete in the improved SEC. This will take time and the new Athletic Director @ Missouri may not have the patience to wait 2-3 years down the road.

The Missouri program not only needs player improvement but an upgrades in the coaching staff. I believe we need a proven D-1 assistance coach who could take over the program in case needed and a top of the line recruiter who can sell the Missouri basketball program nationally. I would also make recommendation that we hire a " Missouri connection " coach or player who we can identify as " One of our own ". Justin Tatum coach @ CBC, Corey Tate who played @ Missouri and is presently a successful coach @ Meneral Area is a " No Brainer ". I would interview and hire Frank Bennett @ Chaminade high school if he could bring his top two players.

Do we have anyone on the Missouri staff who can compete with asst. Arkansas Coach Marvin Watkins in a recruiting war? If we do, give us a name?

This post was edited on 2/15 11:37 AM by metro-dude

Kim Anderson is rumored to have a couple of Junior College prospects on the horizon however the word out of Arkansas is Mike Anderson may also have interest and we have " Melvin Watkins " doing our " Living Room Visits " with fresh printed cards stating a NCAA birth in 2015. Who will Missouri sent to sell the Missouri program?

Metro the guys you mentioned might do well as recruiters at Mizzou but...Justin Tatum's son is one of the top players in the country and he doesn't even play for his dad in high school, how convincing can he be? Corey Tate has been at Mineral Area for a LONG time now, first as an assistant/recruiter and has been the head coach for several years. He taken his team to the Juco National Tournament in Hucthinson, Kansas ONE time and didn't fare very well when they got there. What great players has he brought to MAC?

Thomas Bryant 6'10" ( 4-star ) played for Rob Fulford last year (

Coach Rob Fulford was hired by Kim Anderson to help in recruiting. Thomas Bryant 6'10" is a highly regarded center who played for Fulford last season and could unite with his former high school coach @ Missouri. Kentucky and Syracuse have interest but will coaching ties make Thomas Bryant a Tiger?

Re: Thomas Bryant 6'10" ( 4-star ) played for Rob Fulford last year (

That's not an answer to my question, just another question.

3R, you're overlooking the fact that Corey Tate is the coach of the Eagles who both Jayson and Tyler Cook play for, and is very connected to both players a long with many other players in the STL area.

Like I said, he might do well recruiting for Mizzou. if he gets that chance I would hope he does. The fact remains he has had his own team for years and has taken them to NJCAA Tournament one time. The last 3 years 3Rivers was no threat in the region and he still only got it done one time. Now 3Rivers is back in the mix and tied with them in region play with one game remaining in the regular season. The region tourney will be a up for grabs and the winner still has to beat an Illinois team to advance to Hutch.

Hey mrbball, I don't follow the AAU circuit so I don't known who is on the Eagles these days. Has Corey been sending any of them to play at Mizzou since he's been their coach ? I would think since he played there he might try to lean them that way most of the time if he thinks they're good enough.

He has not. From what I understand, he and Haith were not on the best of terms, so he didn't try to help them at all. Not sure if he will be helping Kim either, but I would say the chances are slim.
This post was edited on 2/17 2:44 PM by mrbball30

I didn't realize Corey was coaching the 17U Eagles team. How long has he been doing that?

Why he not try to help Kim? Because Kim didn't hire as an assistant?

It should be about helping the program,not the current coach. Has Corey got any of the Eagles to play for him at MAC?

He coached the 16U team last which Tyler and Jayson spent most of the summer playing for. He is moving up with them to 17U from what I understand. I can't speak for him as the to why he won't be helping Kim because I don't know him. I just hear that relationship isn't the best right now. And there haven't been many Eagles players that had to go JUCO of late, which is why he hasn't had many at MAC. He has gotten a couple back as transfers though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT