ADVERTISEMENT

Higginsville....

saw a beat down St. Pius x team play the Huskers in a district final in Lexington a few years ago who had "played a tough schedule" only to see the Huskers roll them up....sometimes playing a supposed tough schedule can have an adverse affect too. Come to think of it HHS beat the tougher scheduling ST Pius X last year too, en route to another final four.
Pius schedules up a bit because they are in KC but don't tend to play in top tourneys across the State and outside.

Higginsville tries to play a tougher schedule but no one wants to play them---what do you do then? The year the Huskers took 2nd in state in '22, (losing by two points against horrible reffing) they defeated everyone except Richmond in meeting # one, then beat the Richmond Spartans by 41 points on their senior night, then took out St, Michaels in the district final (with a Run GMC kid (even know that reference?) that is at D1 Temple U.) before ousting #1 Thayer in the semifinals. Higginsville has added Hogan Prep (multiple state championships) to the schedule over the last several years, and tried to add games, such as when they defeated Sparta High school this year at the 12 courts of Christmas, and a tough Montgomery County last year at the event. You sound like you don't know what you are talking about....do you think Liberty or Blue Springs will schedule Higginsville? No because they have nothing to gain. Who is your squad that you rep, let's check their schedule shall we?
You are being way too defensive. It is just a little experience driven suggestion. In saying that here's another suggestion: I notice the local Kearney tournament, in which Summit Christian Academy played this year, seems to have issues getting 8 teams perhaps hit them up? Your top drawer C3 program would likely get consideration!

Last edited:
Playing better competition only makes you better unless you cannot compete at all. Higginsville has had strong football and basketball programs for several years. They do not schedule tough competition and it shows. All you have to do is look at their schedule and the scores. They will play the Sweet Springs, Concordias, Wellingtons of the world, but will not drive right up the road and play Warrensburg or other schools who would give them much better competition then their current schedule. It's the same thing in football where their avg margin of victory was 50-13 this year excluding their 7-41 loss to Lamar. I would like to see them play tougher non-con schedules because like I said they have had very good football and basketball programs for quite some time. Having very few (if any) close games during the regular season is not helpful in the postseason when you are in a tight game or trying to come from behind for the first time all season. Trying to say Higg tries to schedule tougher competition and noone will play them - you can shovel that manure somewhere else because I a'int buying that!

Reactions: thetophat2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT