ADVERTISEMENT

Higginsville....

higglcsports

Dec 12, 2020
Always a tough place to play, the Huskers took to the road to face St. Paul Lutheran in Concordia on Thursday night, getting to play only 1 game out of 3 that were scheduled, due to snowmageddon '24. The Husker boys and gals got a rare sweep on the evening, gals winning by 10, 44-34, and the boys won 63-55. The Saints boys held leads on the Huskers at various points all night. Saints were up at halftime, and held a late lead as well.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Higg over a game ready Knob Noster team tonight, by 12 I think, as Knob's sharp shooter Zimmerscheid hit a late three part of 7 on the evening, Knob is always a tough place to play as well, Higg beat Carrollton by around 40 last night on the road too. Hope to play Holden on Friday if weather allows. Higg got a three game sweep tonight, C, JV and Varsity beating the Panthers.

Holden is without the services of their leading scorer from last year (maybe past two years)
. the game was a turbo clock at the end

Reactions: da bears 25
Does higginsville still have the big ole offensive lineman dude that lumbers around the court? Or did he finally graduate

• Haha
Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
Higginsville over East Buchanan in OT today for the championship of the Hamilton Tourney 54-48. HHS was ranked #2 in class 3 I believe, but the 2 seed in this tournament) East Buchanan led by 6 at halftime, and held a 2 to 6 point lead until late in the contest. This was the 3rd championship in 4 years of being at this tourney. Last year Gallatin won by big over the Huskers, and previously Higginsville had defeated Gallatin twice in a row. Great tournament and great people in Hamilton. Girls first place was between Lathrop and South Harrison..... I will try to get an update on that finish.

did you mean lumbering his way to 1000 points in his career and 2 final fours? :)
I take it that means he graduated?

He may have been a great player, but he drove me crazy the couple times I watched him. He walked up and down the court way too much and whined and complained about calls and such.

young man is a good guy, don't need to point out anything else,,,,sorry he beat you all in hoops and football lol

slam-dunk.gif

Not much of a Higginsville fan but doubt the young man is losing any sleep over your approval of his play. He was key player on both teams that won lot of games during his HS career. Glad he is done , but the y will just insert another big ole feller in his place or tall athletic guy. That seems to be the Higginsville way and it works for them.

i just asked a question if they kid still played. He decided to give me his resume as if I stepped on his feelings or something. I am not losing sleep over anything either.

just having some fun with ya,,,,,figured you probably could guess he graduated , or maybe a simple google search could have clued you in,,,,,good kid for sure

It was a sincere question, I don't know the kids name, so not sure how I would google him lol...."big lumbering farm kid from Higginsville" :p

• Haha
Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
You're talking about Mason Rumsey. I went to college with his dad, he's a great guy and I'm sure his son is too

Razzy no, they are talking about Limback #75 (basketball was #55 in hoops) ,,,,,Rumsey was #3 in football and #22 in Hoops :) MR finished with over 2,000 points for clarity.

Limback was set to play football at Missouri Valley College but decided not to play, he is an awesome athlete though, 1000 pt scorer in hoops as I said earlier

Oh ok, Rumsey is at MSSU playing football so I thought that’s who we were talking about

Higg (Lafayette County) report: Boys avenged the lone loss on the season by beating Hogan prep on the road last week. Gals: Hailey Linebach reached 1,000 points in her career and has been en Fuego of late. Lady Huskers have a shot at winning conference (or sharing) this week. Jameel Merritt for the boys is closing in on 1,000 as well.

MRVCE current standings boys:
1. Higginsville
2. Knob Noster
3. Lexington
4. Richmond
5. Holden
6 .Carrollton

Higg (Lafayette County) report: Boys avenged the lone loss on the season by beating Hogan prep on the road last week. Gals: Hailey Linebach reached 1,000 points in her career and has been en Fuego of late. Lady Huskers have a shot at winning conference (or sharing) this week. Jameel Merritt for the boys is closing in on 1,000 as well.
How is Hogan this year? Their record appears they are down but I know that can be misleading.

Early in the season as it was Kearney (with FB still going on) was all over Hogan Prep. Don't see them advancing far at all next week.
Was wondering. Webb shares a district with Hogan and we just don’t get a good chance to see the teams up there much.

Hogan I think has been up and down and their AD told me they had lost a kid or two this season. Richmond defeated Higginsville last week by 12 or so in the conference rematch. Kudos to the Spartans, the 6'7" kid had a great game. Higginsville faces the winner of St. Paul and Lone Jack in districts, both are very worthy opponents. Higg is the one seed, host Summit Christian is the two seed.

Higginsville's season ends in the district final losing by 4 points (tied within a minute to go), lose to a tough Summit Christian squad. Huskers see their hopes for a third straight final four appearance end as well, record on the year was 25 and 3. They were MRVCE champs along the way. Congrats to the team and to the seniors they will be missed. To the underclassmen, the season starts tomorrow...#onward

Higginsville's season ends in the district final losing by 4 points (tied within a minute to go), lose to a tough Summit Christian squad. Huskers see their hopes for a third straight final four appearance end as well, record on the year was 25 and 3. They were MRVCE champs along the way. Congrats to the team and to the seniors they will be missed. To the underclassmen, the season starts tomorrow...#onward
SCA played a stronger schedule. Time and again when all is on the line we see the benefit of "scheduling up". Just my little advice for what clearly is an outstanding Huskers BB program...............

Reactions: da bears 25
SCA played a stronger schedule. Time and again when all is on the line we see the benefit of "scheduling up". Just my little advice for what clearly is an outstanding Huskers BB program...............
I get tired of playing up theory. Just give credit to SCA. You have to have luck and breaks along the way. They just did not go the Huskers way late. It did not stop them the last few years.

I get tired of playing up theory. Just give credit to SCA. You have to have luck and breaks along the way. They just did not go the Huskers way late. It did not stop them the last few years.
well you may get tired of it, but playing a weak schedule makes your record look good and then you get exposed when you play better teams who challenged themselves along the way.

a lot of bad teams out there with nice looking records because they play garbage all year and a lot of solid teams out there whose record doesn't show it.

well you may get tired of it, but playing a weak schedule makes your record look good and then you get exposed when you play better teams who challenged themselves along the way.

a lot of bad teams out there with nice looking records because they play garbage all year and a lot of solid teams out there whose record doesn't show it.
So Adrian, Higbee, Whitfield and Fair Grove (just to name a few) all played weak schedules? Sorry but Higginsville went 28-4 and 30-2 last 2 years. I guess the weak schedule caught up to them then too when they lost to New Madrid, Thayer and Charleston in the final four?

Reactions: higglcsports
We're gonna have to agree to disagree there. As we get to the schools I (try to with a very busy schedule) follow in C4-6 in particular play out let's see how teams like Vashon, Father Tolton, Cardinal Ritter and Chaminade benefit from playing (way) up.

On the luck front it sure does play a part. Some days shots all fall others it seems like somebody put a freaking lid on the basket. What makes it fun, though.

Higginsville tries to play a tougher schedule but no one wants to play them---what do you do then? The year the Huskers took 2nd in state in '22, (losing by two points against horrible reffing) they defeated everyone except Richmond in meeting # one, then beat the Richmond Spartans by 41 points on their senior night, then took out St, Michaels in the district final (with a Run GMC kid (even know that reference?) that is at D1 Temple U.) before ousting #1 Thayer in the semifinals. Higginsville has added Hogan Prep (multiple state championships) to the schedule over the last several years, and tried to add games, such as when they defeated Sparta High school this year at the 12 courts of Christmas, and a tough Montgomery County last year at the event. You sound like you don't know what you are talking about....do you think Liberty or Blue Springs will schedule Higginsville? No because they have nothing to gain. Who is your squad that you rep, let's check their schedule shall we?

lol

saw a beat down St. Pius x team play the Huskers in a district final in Lexington a few years ago who had "played a tough schedule" only to see the Huskers roll them up....sometimes playing a supposed tough schedule can have an adverse affect too. Come to think of it HHS beat the tougher scheduling ST Pius X last year too, en route to another final four.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT