ADVERTISEMENT

Doniphan

CoachFox-ScreamingEagles

Apr 2, 2018
I see where they are #1 in class 4. Who have they played. Traditionally they play against slot of small schools and lose early in the playoffs.

I watched them play Liberty early in the year and they have another game tonight with them. They are not the best team in class 4. Maybe towards the bottom of the top 10 IMO. They play really really hard. They get up in your shorts defensively and if a team cannot handle that type of full court pressure it is going to be a long night. I would say they will roll thru their schedule pretty easily and then run into a team with a couple good guards and be done in the playoffs. But they are impressive in how hard they play. They also have like 4 solid freshman, so they will be good like this for a few more years.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
I watched them play Liberty early in the year and they have another game tonight with them. They are not the best team in class 4. Maybe towards the bottom of the top 10 IMO. They play really really hard. They get up in your shorts defensively and if a team cannot handle that type of full court pressure it is going to be a long night. I would say they will roll thru their schedule pretty easily and then run into a team with a couple good guards and be done in the playoffs. But they are impressive in how hard they play. They also have like 4 solid freshman, so they will be good like this for a few more years.
Doniphan beat Liberty at Doniphan tonight about about 15. Liberty packed in a zone the 1st quarter and kept the ball out of their post players hands then went man to an for some reason the rest of the game and Doniphan pulled away in the 2nd has.
BTW Doniphan hosts Cape ND in the next week or so. Good thing for both since they will be in the same district this year.

Good one last night with Doniphan and East Carter. Doniphan keeps up their streak.

Are they better than they were last year 3R? Have they played Saxony? I’m a PHC guy and that will be a potential play-off match-up for us.
I think they are. Cape ND is in the district with Doniphan this year and they will play at ND the 15th. Doniphan has 2 freshmen that have played well. One started off with a couple of big games to start the season but has cooled off some, the other had about 25 against EC last night and 15 of em came in the 3rd quarter and she is quick as greased lightning. The ND game will let em know more about where they'll stand come playoff time.

Going to find out a lot about Doniphan this week as they host Notre Dame Cape on Wednesday.
Doniphan just won at Jackson 65-53 and had the lead about 90% of the game. Game was picture only, no announcer. Jackson has a post player that has to be about 6'4" she was taller than Doniphan's post players that are about 6'2". If any of you want to watch the Doniphan- ND game Current River Radio does a youtube broadcast with announcers and they do JV and Varsity.

I wish Park Hills played either one of those 2 teams or both. The winner of that district will get Park Hills.

Reactions: pgapro29
A dandy in doniphan tonight with doniphan winning by 2 in OT over ND Cape. The rematch in districts is going to be great

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
They were in 5 last year. They played CJ in the Final 4. How would they drop via losing points?

Because the points are accumulated over a period of 6 years. If some of the points were on the back end of the years and they fell off it could lead to them dropping.

Looking at the list on the MSHSAA website it shows they earned 2 pts in 22/23, 1 pt in 21/22, 1 pt in 20/21, 2 pts in 19/20, 1 pt in 18/19 and 0 pts in 17/18

Because the points are accumulated over a period of 6 years. If some of the points were on the back end of the years and they fell off it could lead to them dropping.

Looking at the list on the MSHSAA website it shows they earned 2 pts in 22/23, 1 pt in 21/22, 1 pt in 20/21, 2 pts in 19/20, 1 pt in 18/19 and 0 pts in 17/18
How would making the Final 4 make you lose points? I doubt you have to win a title every year to gain points.

I never said making the final 4 would make you lose points. If they made the final four in 16/17 and earned a bunch of points and then those points fall off this cycle that could cause them to drop.

I never said making the final 4 would make you lose points. If they made the final four in 16/17 and earned a bunch of points and then those points fall off this cycle that could cause them to drop.
The whole system these days is goofy. There is no way boys and girls teams at the same school should be playing in different classes and we have two of them in the same conference that would be split up in the post season if they got past district play.

Reactions: pgapro29
It is not new this year, just some of the teams affected

Last edited:
A dandy in doniphan tonight with doniphan winning by 2 in OT over ND Cape. The rematch in districts is going to be great
Another good one in Doniphan tonight. Back and forth all night but Doniphan won the 4th quarter and the game. Kenzie Redus for Doniphan had a career high 35 points.

Reactions: TadQueasy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT