ADVERTISEMENT

Class 5 Pre-Season Top Ten Poll thoughts

MOsportsStaff

Administrator
May 29, 2001
Who are the teams to watch in Class 5 this season?
The following were top teams in 2018.... who will "be back"?

1) Vianney

2) Ft. Osage

3) Battle

4) Carthage

5) Jackson

6) Ft. Zumwalt North

7) Staley

8) Lebanon

9) Chaminade

10)McCluer North

11)Belton

12)Timberland

13)NKC

14)Fox

1) Vianney

2) Ft. Osage

3) Battle

4) Carthage

5) Jackson

6) Ft. Zumwalt North

7) Staley

8) Lebanon

9) Chaminade

10)McCluer North

11)Belton

12)Timberland

13)NKC

14)Fox
Not on the list..............RAYTOWN.

Reactions: Mike*Honcho
Not one of those KC teams will be worth a hoot this year, I understand Fort Osage was a runner up but look at who/what they lost, they won't win 6 games this year. I'm going with Carthage this year, class 5 will be loaded on the STL side, it will be interesting to see what happens with Webb. But seriously, I can't believe some of the teams you put on here LOL

Not one of those KC teams will be worth a hoot this year, I understand Fort Osage was a runner up but look at who/what they lost, they won't win 6 games this year. I'm going with Carthage this year, class 5 will be loaded on the STL side, it will be interesting to see what happens with Webb. But seriously, I can't believe some of the teams you put on here LOL
Yeah Staley never is.................

Staley has been top 5 every year in Class 5 for the past five years, except last year when they lost their QB. Regular season has them playing 4 Class 6 slobberknockers. THey will be top 3 again in Class 5. Easy.

Reactions: anon_utvqikut1knht
If you read it he saying these were some of the top teams from last year, not that they will be the top teams this year.

Staley has been top 5 every year in Class 5 for the past five years, except last year when they lost their QB. Regular season has them playing 4 Class 6 slobberknockers. THey will be top 3 again in Class 5. Easy.
Very, very stout defense coming back (again). Another thing to remember is their star RB was hampered by injury most of the season (believe he got injured week 3). Everything, trust me, is GOOD in Falcon country in 2019.

Where does Webb City fit in if they go Class 5?
They will be right at the top probably not missing much of a beat. Remember when they played Rock a few years ago? I knew they would have lots of trouble defending Webb's simple but ultra-effective offense plus the Cards have interior play that will make them very competitive should they move up. Cannot wait til tomorrow to find out about many of these schools classes/districts..............

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Staley's D is pretty speedy and disciplined most years. That was the formula Kearney used to slow down that offense so..............would be a very entertaining title game were it to happen, though.

Yeah teasing JN again. BUT i do think it would be one heck of a game!

Would have to think Eureka will be a top 5 type of team. A lot could happen but I could see them or Jackson going to the final game from the East.

1) Vianney

2) Ft. Osage

3) Battle

4) Carthage

5) Jackson

6) Ft. Zumwalt North

7) Staley

8) Lebanon

9) Chaminade

10)McCluer North

11)Belton

12)Timberland

13)NKC

14)Fox

My understanding from friends who have kids at Eureka, Eureka handled Vianney last night with ease.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT