ADVERTISEMENT

Class 5 District 6

It doesn't matter because they are in the 4/5 game but CJ beat McDonald County when they played. Doesn't that mean CJ could jump McDonald County?

The big loser here is Webb. They are better than Hillcrest and they get a much harder game than they would as the 6.

Reactions: da bears 25
It doesn't matter because they are in the 4/5 game but CJ beat McDonald County when they played. Doesn't that mean CJ could jump McDonald County?
I think you are thinking of football where you jump the team in front of you if you finish 1 spot behind them in the points. Basketball doesnt use the point system, coaches vote at a meeting about the seeds.

Ultimately the 4 and 5 seed does not matter here at all. You dont get home court or anyting for being the higher seed. So while I agree CJ should probably be the 4, it is meaningless.

Webb and Hillcrest is the bigger issue. Not sure how that one works, but with coaches voting you can always have strange things happen as people try to manipulate things to their advantage

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
I think that is the 2nd time this year he has confused Marshfield and Mansfield :D

I think that is the 2nd time this year he has confused Marshfield and Mansfield :D
When they originally posted that story, they had it listed as Marshfield, I even went back and double checked before I posted.

So of course, after I post that, they realize their mistake and change it to Mansfield.

This district could be interesting. Marshfield deserves the #1 seed and has to be the favorite, but really think any of the top 3 can win it.

I remember their big games when Tina Robbins was playing for Joplin
How time flies but I believe it was 1989 when I got to see the Lady Jays in person in the C4 Final Four holy cow they were a machine. So far back don't remember her name but their top player helped lead then SW Missouri State to the NCAA Women's Final Four in 1992.

I think you are thinking of football where you jump the team in front of you if you finish 1 spot behind them in the points. Basketball doesnt use the point system, coaches vote at a meeting about the seeds.

Ultimately the 4 and 5 seed does not matter here at all. You dont get home court or anyting for being the higher seed. So while I agree CJ should probably be the 4, it is meaningless.

Webb and Hillcrest is the bigger issue. Not sure how that one works, but with coaches voting you can always have strange things happen as people try to manipulate things to their advantage
Some coaches want to stay away from 4-5 seeds so they play the 1 seed in championship. I have seen coaches come in and say they were the 6th seed just for that reason.

Those teams were incredible. Won 102 straight and 3 consecutive titles with undefeated seasons. The pace they played out was something rarely seen at that time.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Those teams were incredible. Won 102 straight and 3 consecutive titles with undefeated seasons. The pace they played out was something rarely seen at that time.
Haha yes I remember a number of folks around me at one of their games stating as much (glad we don't have to play this team)..............

Daughter of Ron Howard?
henry winkler GIF

Lady Pirates could win that thing... they led Marshfield nearly the entire game when they played in the regular season

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT