ADVERTISEMENT

Changes to post season basketball

The schools hosting will be a disaster at Class 1-3 especially. You will have 2 towns trying to fit in some gyms that may only hold 200-300 people
Anybody know why? They take in big money at the neural sites that hold a lot of people and the crowd changes for almost every game.

yeah some of the smaller schools could be a nightmare. A few years ago I watched Dora and Eminence play at Cabool and it was jammed packed and Cabool holds a decent amount of people. You try to fit that into either Dora or Eminence and you would have a nightmare.

Sectional and Quarterfinals now played on home courts https://www.centralmoinfo.com/hs-basketball-sectionals-quarters-go-to-home-sites/

All Show-Me Showdown games at Mizzou Arena means games will be played Wed - Sat https://www.mshsaa.org/resources/Activities/Basketball/Show-Me Showdown Scheudle-Rotation - 2024.pdf
.....Thanks raider for the MSHSAA newz... We know where we can find you in late March... Hopefully I will be able to attend some with youz again...
Championship games on Thursday, should not happen. ALL championship games should be contested on Saturday...IMHO....C =)~

There will be minimum capacity standards needed to host. Lot of those Class 1 games will get moved to a neighboring bigger town. Macks Creek girls will be good this year, more than likely if they hosted it would get moved to Camdenton's gym or St. E would move their games to Blair Oaks.

Sucks losing the neutral sites especially playing in the bigger college arenas. But going to the six classes and how D2 runs their national tournaments with teams hosting, I can see why there is a shortage in arenas. It was crazy with some of the locations they had this year. Like all of Southwest Missouri going to Warrensburg.

ALL championship games should be contested on Saturday...IMHO....C =)~
Ah yes, nothing like championship night on Saturday. How long has it been since those days? That was one session that always drew a really good crowd and had a great atmosphere. Shame the kids getting to play for a state title don’t get to experience that.

Reactions: Expect2Win
Last year Troy hosted a Class 4 sectional game on a Monday when they were playing for a district title at Howell. I bet that was a mess for admin at Troy.

I also thought the Monday district championship games were goofy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT