ADVERTISEMENT

Army vet facing trial for displaying American Flag

FistOH

May 8, 2016
On Saturday, I shared the story of Daniel Nunnally Jr., a student at Dinwiddie High School in Dinwiddie, Virginia was pulled out of class and ordered by the school’s assistant principal to removed his American flag and Gadsden flag from his pickup truck.
According to the student:

“I was I the middle of my second period weight training class and my assistant principal came in and pulled me out of class and told me that I had to go outside to take both flags off my truck so there was no controversy or anything.”

“I kind of started getting angry because what’s the problem with the American flag? I asked (the assistant principal), ‘is it the don’t tread on me (flag) that you have a problem with? Because I can go take that one down real quick, but she told me both of them.”

For those of you not familiar with the Gadsden flag, it’s a yellow flag with coiled up snake and the words ‘DON’T TREAD ON ME’. The snake became a rallying symbol for the 13 colonies when Benjamin Franklin portrayed an image of a snake in 13 sections, one for each colony. The symbol grew in popularity during the Revolutionary War.

In 1776, Charles Gadsden presented his flag to the Congress of South Carolina. Since that time, there have been a number of versions of the Gadsden flag, but the one Nunnally was displaying on his truck was very similar to the original which dates back to the Revolutionary War and has little to do with the South or Civil War.

When the media heard what happened they contacted the school and were told that Nunnally and other students were told to remove the flags because they thought they might interfere with vision through the rearview mirror while driving.

Nunnally Sr. contacted the school and told them that if the flags were a traffic issue that it should be up to the local police and not the school to take action. It didn’t take long for students, parents and others in the community to contact the school in support of the students’ right to display their flags, especially the American flag. The school then reversed the flag ban.

I also shared several other instances of how liberals and the Obama administration hate American patriotism and the displaying of the American flag. Now I would like to add the story of what’s happening to another proud American who was being persecuted by the Obama administration for displaying American flags.

Meet Robert Rosebrock, a 72-year-old Army veteran who lives in southern California, land of liberals. Rosebrock is scheduled to appear in court next month to face horrible, terrible and outrageous criminal charges. What was his crime? He posted two American flags on the fence of a Los Angeles VA facility.

That’s right, under the liberal anti-American dictatorial reign of Barack Obama, Rosebrock has joined the long list of patriotic Americans who were or are, being persecuted and prosecuted for proudly displaying their American pride and patriotism.

Hope is not lost yet for Rosebrock as Judicial Watch is petitioning newly appointed US Attorney General Jeff Sessions to intervene on behalf of Rosebrock and drop all charges against the patriotic veteran. Tom Fitton, President of Judicial Watch commented about the situation involving Rosebrock:

“Frankly, President Trump should ask why the VA and his Justice Department are trying to jail this American patriot.”

“The federal government’s pursuit of these vindictive charges against Mr. Rosebrock is mind-blowing.”

If you really want to evaluate the legacy of Barack Obama, just consider the fact that his administration went after American patriots like Robert Rosebrock but refused to go after illegals, including thousands who were convicted of felonies. What kind of president is that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT